Optimus Prime

1 VF-1 2NV

I am starting to wish however, that I had bought the Japanese version instead.  I didn't think that the short stacks would bother me, but they just look so wrong. 

I felt the same way so I did an easy and cheap mod to make them longer.

post-26-1079918317.jpg

Here is the thread where I discussed how I did it: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=6567

For all those Canadians still without Masterpiece Prime, my local Walmart (Oakville, Ontario, Canada) is now selling him for $49.95CDN (Around $38 US). Not sure if this is a local price, or if all Ontario Walmarts are selling him off reduced. Might be worth a look, if you want one. Or two.

I'm glad I waited....

For all those Canadians still without Masterpiece Prime, my local Walmart (Oakville, Ontario, Canada) is now selling him for $49.95CDN (Around $38 US). Not sure if this is a local price, or if all Ontario Walmarts are selling him off reduced. Might be worth a look, if you want one. Or two.

I'm glad I waited....

Same price in a few walmarts in T.O.

To those MW'ers that were looking for a fan made trailer. There's a couple of auctions on E-Bay. Check it out....it's pretty sweet (too bad you can't fill em with yer Binaltechs).

(There's a little more than a day left.) :blink:

To those MW'ers that were looking for a fan made trailer. There's a couple of auctions on E-Bay. Check it out....it's pretty sweet (too bad you can't fill em with yer Binaltechs).

(There's a little more than a day left.) :blink:

Another one....made of apparently metal. Transformable too.

http://www.marksprojects.com/trailer.htm

I got my prime yesterday, love it, but I'm pretty po'ed it wasn't Takara...and I lost 90 bucks of instore credit at Gamestop when I couldah gotten it else where for 70...so I'm pissed on that....but didn't loose anymoney so oh well.

Also, I hated the fact the smoke stacks were cut down...so I gotta get those replaced cause it looks sorta dumb...but all in all he goes well with my Sideswipe and Smokescreen.

I got my prime yesterday, love it, but I'm pretty po'ed it wasn't Takara...and I lost 90 bucks of instore credit at Gamestop when I couldah gotten it else where for 70...so I'm pissed on that....but didn't loose anymoney so oh well.

Also, I hated the fact the smoke stacks were cut down...so I gotta get those replaced cause it looks sorta dumb...but all in all he goes well with my Sideswipe and Smokescreen.

Its dodgy that Hasbro showed the Takara versions on the boxart instead of their own. The Prime, Sideswipe and Smokescreen were all the Takara versions shown on the box.

Its dodgy that Hasbro showed the Takara versions on the boxart instead of their own. The Prime, Sideswipe and Smokescreen were all the Takara versions shown on the box.

To be fair, between the burns and choppsed smokestacks(more battle damage? :) )it's kind of hard to think you're getting the japanese version just by looking at the front of the box.

lol I remember looking at pictures and thinking to myself, "Great detail, but can't be that big really..." When I got to gamestop the manager lady went under the table and kinda huffed and puffed and slammed it on the table with a lil "CLANG!" at the end. My mouth was like :o:o:o:o Coulda you know what with a brick fallin down. I was totally at amaze by it....It's just so damn big, and it's sorta heavey....maybe good 5 or 6 pounds.

Only 20 will be made by Takara and the only way to get one is by collecting 20 points from the packages of the toys shown on that pic and then mailing them in just to put in your entry for the drawing--- so the title "lucky draw golden lagoon" version MPC (gotta love those Japanese kooky tiltles :lol: ).

I wonder if they'll accept the points from the Binaltech packages.

Each Binaltech package comes with a 5 point piece, and I just recieved BT-04 last weekend. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Well if you want an American version of this toy at a good price, Kay Bee Toys currently has a 25% mark down on all Transformer toys. With an original price of $75, this brings down the Hasbro 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime Deluxe Action Figure down to $56.24 before shipping.

20th Anniversary Optimus Prime Deluxe Action Figure at KBtoys.com

Well if you want an American version of this toy at a good price, Kay Bee Toys currently has a 25% mark down on all Transformer toys. With an original price of $75, this brings down the Hasbro 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime Deluxe Action Figure down to $56.24 before shipping.

20th Anniversary Optimus Prime Deluxe Action Figure at KBtoys.com

hehe, but then considering how heavy this sucker is, the price will be back at like 65 or something. :p:D:lol:

hehe, but then considering how heavy this sucker is, the price will be back at like 65 or something. :p:D:lol:

:rolleyes: True. With calculated shipping, my total came to around $65. However, given that Walmart charges around $65 before taxes along with going through the challenge of finding a Walmart that has one in stock, I don't think it's a bad deal.

w00t! just got my Takara version MP-01 in today from the Toyobsessed.com sale (back in November?). USPS delivered it in one peice! WOW :rolleyes:

Pretty fast too.. they emailed saying it had shipped just this Monday..

Well, at first glance, I'm already impressed. The packaging is a keeper. Even a lady in my office was like "whoa" when I pulled the box from the shipping package.

I can't wait to open this thing up! It'll be fun to stand him next to my Max 1J super poseable and Alt. Smokescreen.. who are currently wrestling on top of my monitor here at my desk :lol:

w00t! just got my Takara version MP-01 in today from the Toyobsessed.com sale (back in November?). USPS delivered it in one peice! WOW :rolleyes:

Pretty fast too.. they emailed saying it had shipped just this Monday..

Well, at first glance, I'm already impressed. The packaging is a keeper. Even a lady in my office was like "whoa" when I pulled the box from the shipping package.

I can't wait to open this thing up! It'll be fun to stand him next to my Max 1J super poseable and Alt. Smokescreen.. who are currently wrestling on top of my monitor here at my desk :lol:

wohoo congrats

and now the obligatory pic.. and I managed to capture what I guess are the 3 most popular anime icons on this board

I think if you add in an orguss figure, and an alpha or cyclone, then it'd be complete! :p:D:lol:

and now the obligatory pic.. and I managed to capture what I guess are the 3 most popular anime icons on this board

If you'd put the Ingram in the middle, you'd have got my vote...! :lol:

heh, he's in a strange pose, otherwise I would have ;)

I'd agree with you too, I like Patlabor much more than Gundam. I really need to finish that kit and get it detailed and painted (not like I did it for the PG <_< )

• 1 month later...

So I finally find a Hasbro MPC Prime and purchase it. Spend roughly 12 hours getting it out of the packaging, and lo and behold, one of the feet is broken! :angry:

The ball joint that the foot attaches to is snapped off where it meets the leg! Grrrr!

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this? I won't be returning it for an exchange because of course it was the only one in a 1,000 square mile radius, and I tore up the packaging during my long night of extracting prime.

Also, how the hell do you get the thighs to "pop into" the lower legs? I press on the fuel tanks as directed and nothing happens!

I'm a little pissed off here, what was supposed to be a joyous occasion after purchasing a rare find has turned into a puzzling, broken mess... <_<

So I finally find a Hasbro MPC Prime and purchase it. Spend roughly 12 hours getting it out of the packaging, and lo and behold, one of the feet is broken! :angry:

The ball joint that the foot attaches to is snapped off where it meets the leg! Grrrr!

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this? I won't be returning it for an exchange because of course it was the only one in a 1,000 square mile radius, and I tore up the packaging during my long night of extracting prime.

Also, how the hell do you get the thighs to "pop into" the lower legs? I press on the fuel tanks as directed and nothing happens!

I'm a little pissed off here, what was supposed to be a joyous occasion after purchasing a rare find has turned into a puzzling, broken mess... <_<

push it back in.

push the two of the fule thansk in at the same time

gl

Ali

wow, 34.99? Which target did you go to sephiroth? Was in So. Cal? And is there anymore? Let us know! Cheapest I've seen it for was 45 at Frank and Sons. :p:D:lol:

wow, 34.99? Which target did you go to sephiroth? Was in So. Cal? And is there anymore? Let us know! Cheapest I've seen it for was 45 at Frank and Sons. :p:D:lol:

I found mine at the Target in in Minot, ND. A couple of weeks ago, I saw on another forum where a guy reported that his local Target slashed the price to $34.99. He even provided a pic showing the little red clearance sticker. I immediately went to my local Target to see if it was true...but the MP Optimus Primes kept scanning at $48.98...still chaeper than Wal-Mart ($63.88). Every few days, I would go and check to see if the price had changed with no luck. I was surprised when I saw the price scan at $34.99, because there were no red price stickers on it...I scanned it again just to be sure. I picked up the last one they had on the shelf, but I'm sure they have more in the back.

You guys got a sku number for it at target?? I live in the San Francisco, ca. I have not seen this at any target. Maybe if I got a sku number I could just call instead of going to all 5 targets every month to find one.

Thank.