Optimus Prime

1 VF-1 2NV

Unless of course, you've grown up around trucks all your life, and you know exactly how stacks are supposed to look for various types of trucks, and that's the first thing you've looked for in a model or toy truck since you were 5 years old. :)

To me, chopping Prime's stacks is exactly like cutting off an inch from a VF-1's wingtip. Utterly unacceptable. Here, everybody would never let a company live down a "clipped" wingtip on a VF-1. But since most people don't know why trucks have stacks like they do, they don't care. And so long as ANY truck has stacks that short (and some do) it's ok for them.

But not for me, for Prime shouldn't have short stacks, for he hauls a high-cube dry-van---which require the tallest stacks among all trucks. :)

And finally---they cut the mufflers down too, which you simply can't do.

i think it's funny that they have to chop the stacks, since the gun-mode megs it comes with is longer and pointier than the stacks, not to mention, I don't think anyone dumb enough to poke their eyes out could transform this thing anyways, so it probably wouldn't appeal to them.

you can't really blame hasbro though....people will sue over anything in the States. Up here in Canada, if some kid poked his eye out with a Prime smokestack, his parents would just smack him upside the head for being such a dumbass.

In addition, do you guys really think a baby(which would be the only human, that could poke its own eye witha truck) would be strong enough to pick up the damn thing? :lol:

I got my Takara ver. in late December, and I'm very happy with my choice. Maybe if I find a Hasbro ver. at a very, very, very good price I'll buy it.

Why do we have to play retarded in order to sue, or prevent being sued in this country??? It all makes me sick. Doesn't other equal semi-truck toys sold on stores have long smokestacks?

***USA, the most "let's act retarded" nation on the planet***

I gues if you can manipulate the law, everything is possible :(

vic.

Hey, for those of you who finally bought these in stores, did you guys see the black gun version? Man, I guess I'ma have to look more carefully now. If there is a black one out there, I want that version instead of the grey version. I'll probably give the black gun to my takara version. :p:D:lol:

Hey, for those of you who finally bought these in stores, did you guys see the black gun version? Man, I guess I'ma have to look more carefully now. If there is a black one out there, I want that version instead of the grey version. I'll probably give the black gun to my takara version. :p:D:lol:

Yup. Seen the black gun version. In fact, I've seen four of them at my local Walmart. I bought one :D , so now there are three left.

i wonder how many people are going to buy the black gun one, put the grey gun back in the box and return it to have a Takara with a black gun?

Not a bad idea. My handsome and well endowed Takara Prime deserves a black gun more than Hasbro's dirty neutered step-child version does. :p

Hey, for those of you who finally bought these in stores, did you guys see the black gun version? Man, I guess I'ma have to look more carefully now. If there is a black one out there, I want that version instead of the grey version. I'll probably give the black gun to my takara version.  :p  :D  :lol:

Yup. Seen the black gun version. In fact, I've seen four of them at my local Walmart. I bought one :D , so now there are three left.

did you open that one yet? I'd like to see a picture of the grey and black gun versions side by side to what differences they made on them. Let me know. Thanx

Hey, for those of you who finally bought these in stores, did you guys see the black gun version? Man, I guess I'ma have to look more carefully now. If there is a black one out there, I want that version instead of the grey version. I'll probably give the black gun to my takara version.  :p  :D  :lol:

did you open that one yet? I'd like to see a picture of the grey and black gun versions side by side to what differences they made on them. Let me know. Thanx

Sorry Pat. MISB for me :p !

why do peopel buy toys and keep them in thebox. it;s soo lame to me

Honeslty. colelctors who hourd good toys and dont; allow treu fans tobuy them piss me off. not you though . your cool. btw. the sdf-1 I got form you. man I love it oso much

ali

I agree... For real, I would NEVER sell any of my toys, therefore keep them in box is pointless for me.

My prime is a very very happy toy and I wanna make sure I play with it and transform it once in a while.

man. ti;s quite druable. i transformed i to many tiems they few days I first go tit. you cna be rough with utit unlek all of yamatos relases. lol though I'm not lol.

why do peopel buy toys and keep them in thebox. it;s soo lame to me

Honeslty. colelctors who hourd good toys and dont; allow treu fans tobuy them piss me off. not you though . your cool. btw. the sdf-1 I got form you. man I love it oso much

ali

Hey Ali

Well I'm keeping them MISB because I do not intend to "play" with them. I am not a true TF fan. :rolleyes: , BUT I am a Macross fan. Hence, I open and "play" with my Macross goodies. :D:lol:

I have both the Takara and Hasbro Optimus Primes. The Hasbro's I got 2/6/04 at Walmart had the black guns ($63.62).

Only difference with the guns is that everywhere that was grey is now black, which means the aqua blue (or whatever color it is) stays and is unchanged. Would have been better if it was all black or the blue was darker (or replaced with a darker color). My friend thinks the black is still better than the grey though. I got black because I already had a grey and because it's closer to the cartoon.

The Toys R Us price is insane and looks like it won't be available until March too. They must have thought they'd be the only ones getting it like the other G1 reissues.

Ok, got the Hasbro Alternators one (with black "ion cannon" ) at Walmart. Not bad at all!

What I'm wondering is if Takara is willing to sell parts (namely smokestacks)... I'd happily perform surgery to replace these things... but they don't bug me that much. Yamato could take another lesson on hands, that's for sure!

Heh one thing hasbro has that takara doesn't is decent quality control, Takara MP Prime has really cheap plastic and due to the weight that they support(usualy around the feet) stress marks and breakages are common, Takara used really cheap plastic for MP Prime where as Hasbro used a much more hardier plastic, unless you are just going to keep him in the box and never open it, get the Takara version. If you are going to open and pose and display him get the Hasbro version, granted it has the shortened stacks, but really yuo don't notice them after awhile. It's sorta like when widescreen first appeared, you really noticed the black bars on the top and the bottom of the screen but now it's so commonplace you don't really notice it anymore, it's kinda the same with Prime's smoke stacks.

I think the stacks are most noticible in truck mode. I *DO* want longer stacks but am gonna look into customing something (maybe stacks from another 1:32 truck) if one can't obtain parts from Takara. This is ONE case where the Japanese version isn't worth $40 more bucks IMO. I can totally live with the "battle damage' (which seems more like weathering than anything else... if there was pitting and gouging, I might call it battle damage).

Speaking of quality control, Yamato could take another cue from these guys... there's one hinge where Prime is in half, midway between the transformation... made me lament the backpack hinge Yamato did with the 1/48. This thing on the Hasbro Prime INSPIRES mucho confidence. Nice and thick die cast where the yamato backpack hinge is thin and plastic...

To say nothing of the hands. I love this toy!

Edited by Uxi

Heh one thing hasbro has that takara doesn't is decent quality control, Takara MP Prime has really cheap plastic and due to the weight that they support(usualy around the feet) stress marks and breakages are common, Takara used really cheap plastic for MP Prime where as Hasbro used a much more hardier plastic, unless you are just going to keep him in the box and never open it, get the Takara version. If you are going to open and pose and display him get the Hasbro version, granted it has the shortened stacks, but really yuo don't notice them after awhile. It's sorta like when widescreen first appeared, you really noticed the black bars on the top and the bottom of the screen but now it's so commonplace you don't really notice it anymore, it's kinda the same with Prime's smoke stacks.

huh?

mien is fine. what are you smoking?

huh?

Takara MP prime uses much cheaper plastic, Hasbro has much more hardier plastic for the MP Prime.

alright boys and girls. Somebody actually recasted the long stacks and is now selling them for 10 bucks! It's not bad compaired to the original. Check it out here:

Smokestack Post

I'll probably get a set later.

huh?

Takara MP prime uses much cheaper plastic, Hasbro has much more hardier plastic for the MP Prime.

source?

alright boys and girls. Somebody actually recasted the long stacks and is now selling them for 10 bucks! It's not bad compaired to the original. Check it out here:

Smokestack Post

I am SOOOOOO on that! :D

Smokestack Post

Damnit! After ordering the takara one this one comes up! But it just doesn't have the shiny-ness that the original one has. Mixed emotions make Tiny crazy! :wacko:

well, the way I see it, the recast isn't half bad. And you don't have to paint it either. Or do you? I'll have to ask the guy about that. Anyway, I feel that the smokestacks (if they do come in that silver paint scheme) give the hasbro optimus a better look because it'll add to the the "damage" look. :p:D:lol: