Optimus Prime

1 VF-1 2NV

Picked him from Walmart last night for $63 and some change..at least a dozen left (mine has no poster :p )..now all I want besides the binaltech figures (I got smoke screan and side swipe, awaiting the jeep and corvette). and I want the little energon bird toy :D

damn is Prime secured tightly in the packageing...so much so that I missed the ankle tie downs and when retrieveing him from his vacformed plasic bedding...both feet poped off! :blink:

But they poped back on again no problem, though the ankle joints are a bit loose...but Prime sill stands without problems :D

Overall he is pretty cool...nice bot mode...but truck mode needs a little work...the legs while great for bot mode, seem to look out of proportion in truck mode (a bit to long IMHO)...also the cab doesn't "lock" together very well (unlike the legs)..the flaps with te headlights keep poping out of place (they don't lock onto the arms very well) and the little battery box for the matrix seems to get in the way a bit...also the slope of the front windows/chest seems a bit to much....but overall a very nice hefty toy :D

My biggest gripe with it is the numerious little hydrolic pistons ... a cool feature...but for some reason to me they seem a little out of place for such a cool toy...

I went to gamestop last week just preordering the video game and I started to get into Transformers with the Manager cause she likes them, and she brought up the 20th AV prime, I asked if they carry 'em in stock. She looked at her computer and said no but she can get it ordered but it'd cost 90 bucks. I asked if it's the Takara or Hasbro, she wasn't sure but from the sounds of it, it was the Takara. Just to clarify, Hasbro didn't come out with the Energon Axe, or Megatron Gun or anything like that right? Cause if it did......90 bucks is STILL to much!

Just to clarify, Hasbro didn't come out with the Energon Axe, or Megatron Gun or anything like that right? Cause if it did......90 bucks is STILL to much!

Hasbro DOES come with the axe, megatron and all other accessories.

The differences are the short stacks, the battle damage "dirty" paint job,

some of them have a black gun, a poster and 75.000 twist ties.

Hope it helps.

:ph34r:

I just got my OP from BBTS today. I've already handled a friend's Takara version so there was few suprises. My Hasbro is identical except for the smoke stacks and paint. I don't mind the paint and will do a custom job on the stacks. I see no differences in the quality or joint stiffness. I should of waited to open it because I was having a very frustrating evening and I blew a gasket trying to get the dang thing out of the box. Everything was taped down and twisties were everywhere. panels. The feet fell off, then it was the head, and then accessories parts went flying. I got pissed and just starting thrashing the container to get it out. :lol:

I just got my OP from BBTS today. I've already handled a friend's Takara version so there was few suprises. My Hasbro is identical except for the smoke stacks and paint. I don't mind the paint and will do a custom job on the stacks. I see no differences in the quality or joint stiffness. I should of waited to open it because I was having a very frustrating evening and I blew a gasket trying to get the dang thing out of the box. Everything was taped down and twisties were everywhere. panels. The feet fell off, then it was the head, and then accessories parts went flying. I got pissed and just starting thrashing the container to get it out. :lol:

now don't bursting a blood vessel over a toy! :p:D:lol: Anyway, anybody have a scan of the poster? I'd like to see what it looks like. Thanx

Can somebody tell me what the Takara box is like? Once you remove the toy from the package, is it possible to put it back in without much fuss (like the Yamatos) or is is covered in twist-ties like the Hasbro version?

I'm a big believer in taking toys out of the box, but it's really nice when they can go back in.

I wonder what color that transparent sphere is gonna be for this limited edition MPC?

visionmpc.jpg

your better off getting it at walmart or target

walrt=64$+tax

target=70$+tax

gamestop=90$+tax

gaemstop marks toys up like crazy.

Yeah, but can you actually find 'Optimus at those locations? Not here in San Diego anyways.

Whoah! When is that coming out?

Nah, not for release. Old school marketing ploy reminiscent of the 80s--- Only 20 will be made by Takara and the only way to get one is by collecting 20 points from the packages of the toys shown on that pic and then mailing them in just to put in your entry for the drawing--- so the title "lucky draw golden lagoon" version MPC (gotta love those Japanese kooky tiltles :lol: ).

Can somebody tell me what the Takara box is like?  Once you remove the toy from the package, is it possible to put it back in without much fuss (like the Yamatos) or is is covered in twist-ties like the Hasbro version?

I'm a big believer in taking toys out of the box, but it's really nice when they can go back in.

The Takara box is similar to the box of a Gundam Model kit and IIRC, no twist ties, only a a few parts taped so you can restore your MPC without much hassle.

Edited by GDomino

Yeah, but can you actually find 'Optimus at those locations? Not here in San Diego anyways.

If you don't see it on the shelve ask a clerk, I heard a guy at the Wal-Mart by me say they keep them in the back to stop the little kids form F'ing up the boxes.

to get one is by collecting 20 points from the packages of the toys shown on that pic and then mailing them in just to put in your entry for the drawing--- so the title "lucky draw golden

gah. imagine how much one of those will go for on ebay. i say $1000.

Whoah! When is that coming out?

Nah, not for release. Old school marketing ploy reminiscent of the 80s--- Only 20 will be made by Takara and the only way to get one is by collecting 20 points from the packages of the toys shown on that pic and then mailing them in just to put in your entry for the drawing--- so the title "lucky draw golden lagoon" version MPC (gotta love those Japanese kooky tiltles :lol: ).

Those bastards! Damnit, must resist urge to collect 20 bot points! :p

Just picked up Prime from my local Walmart here in Toronto. I got him for $49.99 CAD, roughly $38 USD. It was a returned item, no Megatron gun mode, no matrix and no instructions, plus a banged up box. Other than that everything else is present . Prime doesn't look like he was transformed. Everything was in place with no paint chips. I guess some kid got it and couldn't figure out where to start transforming it and returned it. :D Do you think I got a good deal with this ? I dont really care about the missing accessories. The matrix was nice to have but I can live without it. Man, it was fun transforming this thing without instructions :D

Anyone had any luck removing that mouth piece of his ? There's a mouth and set of teeth underneath it.

Anyone had any luck removing that mouth piece of his ? There's a mouth and set of teeth underneath it.

You're joking right?

Actually... there is one. I think there was a picture on these boards a while ago.

You're joking right?

no he's not. prime has a mouth behind that faceplate (though he looks a bit scary with it removed)

Courtesy of Tformers.com

:D

post-26-1080701782_thumb.jpg

ooohh....that DOES look scary. Cool easter egg they left there though. But I'll think I'll leave its faceplate where it is.....don't wanna wreck my MPC prime....

If it wasn't for the fact that modern T-Formers had detachable parts to prevent breakage, my 'Prime never would've made it out of the box alive. I am starting to wish however, that I had bought the Japanese version instead. I didn't think that the short stacks would bother me, but they just look so wrong.

-Question: In truck mode, is the second grill underneath 'Prime supposed to just barely clear the ground?

If it wasn't for the fact that modern T-Formers had detachable parts to prevent breakage, my 'Prime never would've made it out of the box alive. I am starting to wish however, that I had bought the Japanese version instead. I didn't think that the short stacks would bother me, but they just look so wrong.

-Question: In truck mode, is the second grill underneath 'Prime supposed to just barely clear the ground?

its on a doublt hinge, did u fold both of them flat?