11 hours ago, Thom said:

Snyder rarely disappoints!

Snyder's adaptations (300, Watchmen, DC movies) are really good however his original films (Sucker Punch, Army of the Dead) are not IMHO. Netflix films in general are kinda weak overall tbh.

2 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

Dunno if this mentioned before, but Apple is drafting a new Robocop film followed by a series. 

Apple is doing a heckuva job chasing that GenX dollar, lol. Good business is where you find it 😜

Edited by TangledThorns

11 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Snyder's adaptations (300, Watchmen, DC movies) are really good however his original films (Sucker Punch, Army of the Dead) are not IMHO. Netflix films in general are kinda weak overall tbh.

I liked watchmen, but the dc films were trash. Army of the dead was fun for what it was , but hated sucker punch. I liked 300 the first time I saw it, but it’s one of those that after each time I’ve seen it the less I liked it. His other zombie stuff just didn’t quite hit the mark.

It's been a violent cheese fest trilogy for us this past week. We started with The Pope's Exorcist on Netflix followed by Cocaine Bear and Violent Night on Prime. Brings me back to the wild violent films, namely Troma's, of the late 1980s.

All three films are fun and worth a watch and I think The Pope's Exorcist was the best of the bunch.

39 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

It's been a violent cheese fest trilogy for us this past week. We started with The Pope's Exorcist on Netflix followed by Cocaine Bear and Violent Night on Prime. Brings me back to the wild violent films, namely Troma's, of the late 1980s.

All three films are fun and worth a watch and I think The Pope's Exorcist was the best of the bunch.

I miss the Troma movies. I guess that’s why Psycho Goreman was one of my favorite recent movies 

23 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Final Trailer.

Definitely my most anticipated film this year. I hope it's even better than the trailers lead one to believe. If so, more like this please, Hollywood.

On 8/30/2023 at 4:56 AM, TangledThorns said:

Watched The Pope's Exorcist on Netflix last night. Wife and I found it very entertaining which is all we asked for, plus it seems Russell Crowe enjoyed making the film too. Asequel is in the works and we would see it!

My wife and I watched this recently and we both enjoyed it. Crowe was excellent, def seemed like he was enjoying the role. Until viewing the film, I didn't know he was based on a real person; I imagine the events in the film were embellished, as stuff like this often is, but the character quirks of Crowe's Father Gabrielle Amorth were more entertaining, IMHO, than the overall subject of exorcism of which Friedkin's The Exorcist remains the reigning king of the genre.

It was Oscar winner movies for us the past two days. First was EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE followed by THE WHALE, both on Paramount+. Both were really good and the actors/actresses that won their Academy award deserved it! Especially Michelle Yeoh. Real acting that looked like real hard work and not something very glamorous or easy too.

Shout out to James Hong too. James is 94 years old and still working and just read in his Wiki he will be back in Kung-Fu Panda 4!!

Edited by TangledThorns

People are talking about Snyder's Rebel Moon project being a former Star Wars project, but The Creator itself actually looks like one. 

When I saw the poster in the theater with the robot in the field, the odd buildings in the background, and the font chosen for the title I thought it WAS a Star Wars film, specifically the one about droids that was rumored to be in production.

Even the trailer looks like Star Wars outside of the AK47's and US military uniform that one guy is wearing.

20 minutes ago, renegadeleader1 said:

Saw it, it sucked. Preachy, obnoxious, heavy handed, and enough plot holes to drive a truck through.

Sure was pretty though. The VFX team deserves an oscar.

That sucks. It seemed like it would be very predictable, but I was holding out hope the story would clear a similarly high bar as the effects.

55 minutes ago, renegadeleader1 said:

Saw it, it sucked. Preachy, obnoxious, heavy handed, and enough plot holes to drive a truck through.

Sure was pretty though. The VFX team deserves an oscar.

I got that feeling from the trailers. I really wasn’t too excited about it, so your review isn’t a disappointment. It just had too much of a been there done that look to it