• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Wow, lots happened last night.

Kaminoan's are soooooooo screwed.

Is Gregor not firing on all cylinders?  I forgot what he was supposed to be like, but he has that nervous laugh....was his chip eventually removed by the time of Rebels?

Kind of surprised that's not the first thing they talk about when they encounter other clones.

Hunter's in deep kim chee.

I really can't wait to see next week's episode now.

3 minutes ago, peter said:
  Hide contents

Wow, lots happened last night.

Kaminoan's are soooooooo screwed.

Is Gregor not firing on all cylinders?  I forgot what he was supposed to be like, but he has that nervous laugh....was his chip eventually removed by the time of Rebels?

Kind of surprised that's not the first thing they talk about when they encounter other clones.

Hunter's in deep kim chee.

I really can't wait to see next week's episode now.

Spoiler

I think the idea is that Gregor has been deteriorating, he just had amnesia after suffering a brain injury in an explosion when we meet him in the Clone Wars, Now he's a little off kilter, and in Rebels he's kind of a full blown nut job.  If my memory is right, this is only the third time they've shown Clone Commandos in the shows.  First was really a brief cameo during Savage Opress's inro Clone Wars episodes, 2nd was Gregor's intro Clone Wars episodes, and this would be the third.  Did I miss any?

Thoughts.

Spoiler

I don’t think Crosshairs will make it out of this season or that character won’t be sticking around with the squad. His squad abandoned him and his attempt to convert them to the dark side didn’t work. The Empire decided to write him off now. I just don’t see his character sticking around as a permanent fixture.

9 hours ago, azrael said:

Thoughts.

Hide contents

I don’t think Crosshairs will make it out of this season or that character won’t be sticking around with the squad. His squad abandoned him and his attempt to convert them to the dark side didn’t work. The Empire decided to write him off now. I just don’t see his character sticking around as a permanent fixture.

I would like to be surprised though.  I agree, but I think if they manage to surprise us on this, it would make for some very awkward moments later on, and potentially fun.  Interesting though, at this rate, there will now have to be retconn'ed in a network of clones who are turning against the empire.

10 hours ago, azrael said:

Thoughts.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Possible, they might set him up as the hero sacrificing himself for his batch mates as a type of redemption, or he might escape and go rogue, ala bounty hunter.  I think it’s pretty doubtful he rejoins the bad batch in any capacity.  

7 minutes ago, kalvasflam said:

I would like to be surprised though.  I agree, but I think if they manage to surprise us on this, it would make for some very awkward moments later on, and potentially fun.  Interesting though, at this rate, there will now have to be retconn'ed in a network of clones who are turning against the empire.

Well it’s not hard to imagine that the empire simply attempted to eradicate all the remaining clones once a rebellion began in earnest.  So not much retconning may be necessary, and that would also explain Rex Gregor and Fox hiding out in exile.  

On 8/8/2021 at 9:18 PM, levzloi said:

Well it’s not hard to imagine that the empire simply attempted to eradicate all the remaining clones once a rebellion began in earnest.  So not much retconning may be necessary, and that would also explain Rex Gregor and Fox hiding out in exile.  

Well, I really hope they phase them out rather than eradicate.  I can't imagine how hard it would be to wipe out an existing army of seasoned veteran clone troopers with a handful of new hires that can't hit the broad side of a barn, lol!

Spoiler

Last two part episodes were kind of sad.  I didn't like the prequels that much, but I probably liked the Clones themselves in the Clone Wars.  It was kind of crappy watching their home get destroyed, and I would imagine it might have been a sad farewell to serious fans of the Clone Wars series.

Part 1 of the finale was good, but Part 2 was meh.

Spoiler

My biggest gripes are:

1)  They didn’t confirm when Crosshair got the chip removed (long time ago or when he got burned in the middle of the season?).  Has a big impact on how we view his character going forward, but they don’t address it in Part 2.

2)  I get Omega wants to save everyone.  But that ish needs to bite her in the ass eventually.  Her trying to save AZI was stupid, reckless, and put her brothers in unnecessary danger.  If she died, it would have made AZI’s sacrifices all for naught.

Again, we’ll see where the story goes from here.  But there’s areas that need improvement and more development.

44 minutes ago, Mog said:

Part 1 of the finale was good, but Part 2 was meh.

Hide contents

My biggest gripes are:

1)  They didn’t confirm when Crosshair got the chip removed (long time ago or when he got burned in the middle of the season?).  Has a big impact on how we view his character going forward, but they don’t address it in Part 2.

2)  I get Omega wants to save everyone.  But that ish needs to bite her in the ass eventually.  Her trying to save AZI was stupid, reckless, and put her brothers in unnecessary danger.  If she died, it would have made AZI’s sacrifices all for naught.

Again, we’ll see where the story goes from here.  But there’s areas that need improvement and more development.

Spoiler

I wonder if it did actually get removed.  When Crosshair sits down holding his head like it hurt, was he just tending to a headache or is the chip still in there?

Spoiler

That’s why I wish they really clarified what the hell happened to Crosshair’s chip.

The idea that he had it removed a long time ago doesn’t jive with those first episodes where the Kaminoans and the Empire are enhancing his chip.

If the chip was damaged during his burning exhaust to the face moment, they should have spelled that out during this last episode.  

Especially since Hunter made a point to emphasize that it did matter when Crosshair got the chip removed.

Also, the timing has a major impact on how we as the viewers will look at Crosshair.  Before the show started?  He’s an irredeemable a-hole.  After exhaust to the face?  Makes the character more interesting and gives him some depth.

1 hour ago, Mog said:
  Hide contents

That’s why I wish they really clarified what the hell happened to Crosshair’s chip.

The idea that he had it removed a long time ago doesn’t jive with those first episodes where the Kaminoans and the Empire are enhancing his chip.

If the chip was damaged during his burning exhaust to the face moment, they should have spelled that out during this last episode.  

Especially since Hunter made a point to emphasize that it did matter when Crosshair got the chip removed.

Also, the timing has a major impact on how we as the viewers will look at Crosshair.  Before the show started?  He’s an irredeemable a-hole.  After exhaust to the face?  Makes the character more interesting and gives him some depth.

Spoiler

The softspot in my heart wishes he will be redeemable.  Especially after that line from Omega about him being her brother too......oohhhh.....right in the feels.

I also totally agree about Part 1 being awesome, and Part 2 being a bit of a WTF.  I mean, since they broke it up into two parts, I was thinking they must be making us hold out for something awesome and rewarding, but it was basically Part 1 being dragged out.  Maybe I missed something, it was 0200 when I watched it so maybe I was just too sleepy to register any deeper meanings.

Still looking forward to season 2.

4 hours ago, peter said:

Well, I really hope they phase them out rather than eradicate.  I can't imagine how hard it would be to wipe out an existing army of seasoned veteran clone troopers with a handful of new hires that can't hit the broad side of a barn, lol!

They may just have a killcode "Order 67."

58 minutes ago, levzloi said:
  Hide contents

Notice that the scientist at the end seemed to be wearing the same type of uniform as the male scientist that was working on Grogu in The Mandelorian.  

Spoiler

I actually thought that was the same facility from Mando S2.

13 minutes ago, Keith said:
  Hide contents

I actually thought that was the same facility from Mando S2.

Spoiler

Unless there was a cataclysmic event that changed Navarro from a forest planet to a volcanic planet, unlikely the same facility.  But pretty sure there are connections. 

The season ends with their relationship now clearly defined.

Spoiler

Crosshairs for sure is not coming back to the squad. He's a "good soldier" and knows the Empire is the future but they cement that he's done with that squad. It's the writers way of saying he is the antagonist to the Bad Batch. Period.I still say he's going to die in the end, but he is officially placing that block between him and his mutant "brothers".

I hope they explore what made Omega so special (since the Kaminoans are now officially out of the cloning business) next season. What's her mutation?

Finale was ok. I saw it as more of cementing relationships from here on out and placing characters where they need to be in the larger picture than to close the season on a bang.

• 9 months later...
8 hours ago, Mog said:

TVC collectors will never get a chance to catch up.

Well, at least Hunter is in the pipeline:

FTzPHysUUAIt7LC?format=jpg&name=large

Frankly, though, I think Hasbro should introduce a new sub-line for CGI-style figures, like the long-running Clone Wars line (or even the short-lived Resistance line).

They could cover Rebels, Bad Batch, or even outstanding Clone Wars characters, as well as figures from the upcoming Tales of the Jedi series... and not have to super-articulate photo-realistic style figures to justify their inclusion in the (increasingly inappropriately-named) "Vintage Collection" line.

• sh9000 changed the title to Star Wars: The Bad Batch
  • azrael changed the title to Star Wars: The Bad Batch - animated series
6 hours ago, Podtastic said:

What is the lag time for the release of the blu-rays for these things? I'm still waiting for Clone Wars Season 7.

Since the switch to streaming, no one knows.

On 6/9/2022 at 3:24 AM, Podtastic said:

Can you download and keep to watch offline without strings attached?

I'm not going to bother watching something I cant acquire.

Nope, pretty much membership streaming only. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/13/2022 at 1:27 AM, Podtastic said:

I'm too cheap to pay for it

Fixed it for you.

I actually really like The Bad Batch (enough that i cannot binge it too often, something my family gives me crap over LOL)