The 'Hey look at this really cool model build I saw' post

Shawn

I love it, the cat immediately claimed the box! 'Get your sh*t out of there, minion!'

Great job on the paint, yes, very shiny! I liked the beginning when it was rotating from the red lighting towards the blue, and you can suddenly 'see' what a shiny blue Max machine would look like.

12 hours ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

Never thought of doing a Miria (and Max) armored battroid before, but now it seems like a very interesting idea.

I wish I could remember the specifics but there was a video game where the whole squad goes out in GBP armor for a mission. I Googled it but didn't come up with anything. Did I imagine it? I'm pretty sure there exists a whole canon color scheme of armors for every character. 

19 hours ago, shazam said:

That’s fantastic.

Can someone explain the decals used in the video, with the backing that peels off after the markings are set in place? I haven’t seen that before. Looks kind of like a wet version of the old dry  transfers that you rubbed onto a model. Thanks!

6 hours ago, VF-1A Grunt said:

That’s fantastic.

Can someone explain the decals used in the video, with the backing that peels off after the markings are set in place? I haven’t seen that before. Looks kind of like a wet version of the old dry  transfers that you rubbed onto a model. Thanks!

Some of those come with academy models. They set down similar to water slides, but the clear film peels off the painted layer. I hear you have to be extra careful with them, because they can tear during the peel. I’ve never used them, but heard stories about people with difficulty, but they tend to look painted on after application similar to how dry transfers look, but conform better to complex surfaces.It saves time blending the edges of the decals.

With normal waterslide decals you need a gloss surface,set the decals and then you may need several clear coats and possible light sanding to get the decal edges to disappear. With these you set them on a gloss surface, peel the top film and then seal the decals with a single clear coat.

just make sure to get some spares to experiment with first to get expedience to avoid accidents on the final project 

39 minutes ago, Shawn said:

4-Type Imai with some pretty cool stop-motion animation! Jump to 1:30

Nice! :wub:  I remember seeing this kit at Ito Yokado back in '84. Wow. Been that long. :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Shawn said:

That’s pretty cool. I’ve only seen the rerelease of this back in the late 90’s, but didn’t have cash on hand when I saw it. I’ve never actually seen one built before now. 

12 hours ago, Shawn said:

That's really cool. Looks like a fun project. He really did Those old kits really well.   

On 2/17/2024 at 11:46 PM, sh9000 said:

Pretty cool.  I like the name Gerwalk-Fighter more than Half Gerwalk.

Which reminds me... did you ever hear that the band Aerosmith wrote and performed a song specifically for UN Spacy as part of their unveiling of the VF-1?

Spoiler

It was titled Gerwalk This Way. :p

Edited by pengbuzz