The 'Hey look at this really cool model build I saw' post

Shawn

3 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Maybe the pilot has schizophrenia? o.o

So an average zeta series female pilot. Those chics were written in such an awkward way on that show. Then again most female characters in gundam were awkward. Not saying there weren’t some odd quirks with the guys, just seemed that if they were female, you wouldn’t know what side they’re on

2 hours ago, Big s said:

It’s eventually gonna have to land on something. It would have to be super careful and slows on returning to a ship.

it does look cool though 

Is this build even meant to represent a giant mecha anymore? Looks more like a human in a power armor suit with a bunch of guns strapped on. I have my doubts that it's meant to be a giant destroid anymore.

11 minutes ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

Is this build even meant to represent a giant mecha anymore? Looks more like a human in a power armor suit with a bunch of guns strapped on. I have my doubts that it's meant to be a giant destroid anymore.

Mak kits are much smaller subjects. The base kit is just a power armor with a monster for the backpack. I’m not sure if the intent is for this to be a small human in the mak world or a makeshift large zentraedi suit in the Macross world. But it’s more likely just a dude with an awesome backpack.

A good majority of mak subjects are just human sized power armor and the majority of the designs were all kitbashes of different models to make something different and this one is no different in that the base model was already designed as a kitbash with more kitbashing using the monster as a backpack.

It is absolutely a human in a space suit with a custom weapons platform, he's strapped to.  It's in no way meant to be a monster or anything Macross. 
It's a cool custom MAK...

6 hours ago, Big s said:

It’s eventually gonna have to land on something. It would have to be super careful and slows on returning to a ship.

it does look cool though 

I would imagine the "monster pack" could be docked. And then the controller could gain access through a hatch or hangar. 

Edited by Bolt

1 hour ago, Big s said:

Mak kits are much smaller subjects. The base kit is just a power armor with a monster for the backpack. I’m not sure if the intent is for this to be a small human in the mak world or a makeshift large zentraedi suit in the Macross world. But it’s more likely just a dude with an awesome backpack.

A good majority of mak subjects are just human sized power armor and the majority of the designs were all kitbashes of different models to make something different and this one is no different in that the base model was already designed as a kitbash with more kitbashing using the monster as a backpack.

All I was really getting at is that the big backpack/small legs thing doesn't matter as much if it's a man sized unit. Not as much as if it was a massive destroid.

I'm familiar with Ma.K stuff though. Love the one that has P-38 fuselage parts as part of the original build.