4 hours ago, Thom said:

It's been so long that I hardly remember the animated one, but this one I saw the other day. Wasn't boring, IMO, and it had a good ending.

I've still not gotten round to finishing it, though I do think about doing so from time to time.  Not exactly a ringing endorsement.  On the other hand that puts it above the Pinocchio remake (by a mile) which I never got past a third of the way through (maybe) and never will.

2 hours ago, Dynaman said:

I've still not gotten round to finishing it, though I do think about doing so from time to time.  Not exactly a ringing endorsement.  On the other hand that puts it above the Pinocchio remake (by a mile) which I never got past a third of the way through (maybe) and never will.

Didn't' see that one, but then I've never been a Pinocchio fan.

2 hours ago, Thom said:

Just saw Crater today. Notwithstanding some quibbles it was actually pretty good. 

They really didn’t put much if any advertising for this one. I think this is the first I’ve heard anything about it 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Swann said:

Can we add Disney vintage collectables here 

🤨 🙄
This thread is about Disney+ streaming services. How about talking about Disney raising subscription prices by almost 30%.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/09/disney-to-raise-disney-price-for-ad-free-plan-in-september.html

If you can’t find a similar thread, go make a new one.

2 minutes ago, azrael said:

🤨 🙄
How about talking about Disney raising subscription prices by almost 30%.

Jesus I just saw this, two price hikes in one year? I get they need to recoup costs wherever possible but this aint it, I think I'm out after Ahsoka. 

2 hours ago, Thom said:

If they want to play that game, so can we. Cancel your subscription, wait for the entire season to be out, reup for one month and binge the whole thing. Cancel et al.

Don't think the taking content off the site is STRICTLY about non-performing titles.  I'm wondering how long it will be till titles are shuffled on and off the services on a rotating basis.

Till then I am thinking more and more of rotating through services throughout the year.

8 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

Don't think the taking content off the site is STRICTLY about non-performing titles.  I'm wondering how long it will be till titles are shuffled on and off the services on a rotating basis.

Till then I am thinking more and more of rotating through services throughout the year.

I miss the good old days when all this stuff was just on TV...

I do like the availability and convenience factor.  Don’t feel like going back to setting my DVR.

But the quality of +’s new stuff is meh once you average it all out.

If it wasn’t for Ahsoka, my daughter watching Bluey roughly a billion times, the old library of good Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars content, and :db: sharing :db: other streaming services with family, I’d probably tell Disney to sod off with the price hike.

7 hours ago, Thom said:

I don’t miss that at all, but I do miss the days when everything was just on Netflix. I get the feeling Disney is hurting financially all around and may realize that streaming may be more costly than licensing to other  services 

8 hours ago, Thom said:

Well, this is ignoring Cable exclusives (especially when Disney, Cartoon Network, and Nick had their renaissance), and even cable tv got commercials later on (at least from older comic when Cable was a new thing and lack of ads were shown as its specialty).

9 hours ago, roboemo said:

Well, this is ignoring Cable exclusives (especially when Disney, Cartoon Network, and Nick had their renaissance), and even cable tv got commercials later on (at least from older comic when Cable was a new thing and lack of ads were shown as its specialty).

We had cable from nearly as far back as I can remember when cable was channels 2-13, 2 was public access if anything at all (usually nothing but community notes) and 13 was always fuzz (wonder why it was even there but no internet back in the day to look it up).  No till HBO was any of it ad free.

Slightly off topic but I'm still pissed at Amazon for hiding almost all of their free content behind Freevee, which they own. All of the Freevee content used to be free with Prime, now it all has commercials. Almost anything I want to watch requires a rental fee or has commercials, so it's almost pointless to have Prime now.

1 minute ago, danth said:

Slightly off topic but I'm still pissed at Amazon for hiding almost all of their free content behind Freevee, which they own. All of the Freevee content used to be free with Prime, now it all has commercials. Almost anything I want to watch requires a rental fee or has commercials, so it's almost pointless to have Prime now.

The originals and a lot of movies are still free without commercials.

Although I do recommend Sprung on freevie.

Amazon streaming is a disaster when it comes to finding content.  I own "Scrooge" with Albert Finney.  When I looked it up two years back it only "found" one that I had not purchased with a very similar name (same movie, they just released it again with a slightly different title).  So I bought it a second time under the new title (thinking I may have mis-remembered buying it there).  The same BS has occurred with other titles but now I know I bought them, the problem is finding them through their purposely obtuse search function.

Disney+ at least I can find what I am looking for.

10 hours ago, danth said:

I've noticed that as well.....😐

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...