On 10/11/2021 at 5:55 AM, Dynaman said:

Watched the Muppet Haunted Mansion show last night.  First up, what is the deal with Gonzo being the main character so often?  As for the show itself, the musical numbers were mostly forgettable as was the show itself.  Not the Muppets at their best but not their worst either.  It was a good mix of Muppets and human co-stars unlike a couple of the movies that focused too much on the humans.  It also really featured the scenes from the ride and gets points there.  

I'll be tacky and quote myself...

One year on and this has aged well.  It has made it onto my list of shows to watch each Halloween.  I still ignore a good chunk of the opening song still but I like the one in the party/dining room.  Like someone else said last year they did a great job "muppetizing" the Haunted Mansion too. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd have to watch it before I make a judgement but it looks decent (I heard the Indians would not appear at all...) but I don't think even Netflix is pushing out more content then D+ at this point and not everything can be a winner.  That Pinocchio live action was a real stinker...

• azrael changed the title to Disney+ TV Series, movies, animation,specials
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2023 at 6:33 PM, Old_Nash_II said:

I hope they can sing Nirvana...

I watched a bit over half of this.  Not terrible, well enough made but it is boring.  (what I have seen so far that is, the finale could be dreadful).  

There are enough changes that it is not really comparable to the animated film but close enough that all the main themes are still there.  

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2023 at 11:03 AM, Dynaman said:

I watched a bit over half of this.  Not terrible, well enough made but it is boring.  (what I have seen so far that is, the finale could be dreadful).  

There are enough changes that it is not really comparable to the animated film but close enough that all the main themes are still there.  

It's been so long that I hardly remember the animated one, but this one I saw the other day. Wasn't boring, IMO, and it had a good ending.