What's your most prized "Holy Grail" toy?

91WhiskeyM6

Mine is the 1/55 VF-1S; it was a childhood dream to have one. It was about a month ago that I walked into a collector store and saw one in the display case. I bought it; it's just too bad that I'm thirty years old now! Better late than never! I guess I like my 1/48 Yamato VF-1S Hikaru, too.

Currently both of my 1/48's (-1A Hikaru and Strike -1S Roy)

For honerable mention my beloved CF's right after (a reg release on display and a MISB TRU).

Have to add my Takara MPC Optimus Prime to that list too.

Edited by Anubis

Mine is the Soul of Popynica Space Battleship Yamato "Big-Scale" with lights and sounds ect. It was basically the frist "Anime" I watched when I was a kid.

Rob MN

Me too.

Honorable mention goes to the Master Piece Convoy ( :lol: ) and 1:48 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie.

All three are the Holy Grail of my collection.

Mine is the Soul of Popynica Space Battleship Yamato "Big-Scale" with lights and sounds ect.  It was basically the frist "Anime" I watched when I was a kid.

Rob MN

Rob, do you like the Armada too? I thought that was one of the best toys ever made. Lots of metal. great detail. breathtaking really... I don't discriminate. I love all my toys. ok ok ok...my favorite would be... my 1/55 M&M. no... my 1/55 Super VF-1S. ...no my 1/3000 Takatoku SDF-1.... no my argh... I can't decide.... actually yes I can! My favorite toy, albeit not a Macross toy, is my Daigokin Mazinger Z! That sucker is about the size of a 1/3000 SDF-1 and it is all diecast metal!!!!

Edited by phatslappy

Macross

SDF-1 1/3000

Non Macross

the ol' lady

ESP KH-1 (Guitar Kirk Hammet USA)

Jackson RR-2 USA(Randy Rhoads flying "V" with lightning airbrushed paint)

Marshall JCM-800 Lead reverb 1/2 stack

Kimber .45 ACP Eclipse II custom

Yes, In that order ;) , well maybe the not the ol' lady (JK)

My Prized Possessions

Macross:

1/48 VF-1S with FAST packs

1/55 Hikaru Strike

Other Anime Toys:

Mospeada Ride Armor

Masterpiece Prime

Gundam Wing Zero DX 12"

Completely unrelated:

Englehardt Upright Concert Double Bass

1972 Martin D-28

Warwick Thumb Bass

These would be the first things I'd start carrying out of the house, in the event of a disaster.

I'd let my girlfriend carry herself and the dogs. :D

At the moment, my Yamato 1/48 VF-1S with the Strike pack. The first Japanese mecha I was ever introduced to, with the bonus of added firepower. It scares me silly every time I try to transform it ( its not so much thats it difficult - with practice - as I'm just afraid that being a klutz I'll break something ) but it looks wonderful in all three modes. I think Gerwalk is my favourite, but fighter is close behind...

...but what i would really, really like is a half-decent Takatoku Big Dai-X diecast. I have a rather battered, small-ish one but would love to find one of the bigger ones in better condition on my next visit to Japan. I realise I could possibly find one after a lot of searching on e-bay or by begging round the toy collectors market, but getting one in Tokyo would just be fantastic...!

The 5 most prized items in my home (in no particular order)...

Masterpiece Convoy - Just arrived, and already on the top 5 list!

Texas Flag - Flew over the capitol in Austin, won at a charity auction.

Apollo 11 Bolt - Frozen for all time in a solid block of acrylic, acquired for me by my aunt who works at Johnson Space Center in Houston.

Matsushiro Jetfire - Completely mint, and the perfect reminder of the shared cartoon heritage of my favorite transforming toy from childhood.

Autographed Silent Bob Action Figure - Autographed for me by Kevin Smith himself at Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash in Red Bank, NJ.

my talking monty python's holy grail of course :lol:

oh macross :D it would be my low vis

J.J.

Edited by brainiac_08

-Bandai/Popy DX Dynaman Dynarobo, the Japanese relaese not the US Godaikin.

-Original 1990 Nightmare Before Chrstmas Sally Action Figure by hasbro, before NECA copied the design and re-sold it.

-Batman Animated Series 1st version of the Penguin.

OOps forgot it was a Macross Toy related thread thus my Holy Grail Mac Toy?

-Takatoku 1/100 scale VF-1S!

My Fault :D

~G25

Edited by gerwalk25

1/35 Gakken Green Alpha Fighter, Large Gakken Ride Armour, 1/60 PG Zeta Gundam (which I could never get the lights in the wings to work properly)

I can't really decide so I'll just list my favourites:

Popy Voltes V DX

Godaikin Tetsujin 28

Takatoku Goshogun DX

Marmit Daigokin Mazinger Z (original colour)

Master Piece Convoy

1/48 Low Viz VF-1A

Joe P.

Hmm, I'd have to say my GBP armor (but I'm selling it), a Taka Super, and my HCM VF-1S, with all the styrofoam and inserts and stickers.

Outside of Macross, we would have to get into autographs. And, I've got so much stuff it's not funny. Just to name a few, stuff like Joe Namath and Walter Payton signed footballs.

Yup, this topic does pop up at least twice a year and it's funny because everyone words it the same way.

I really like my Yamato YF-19. Something about it brings me a lot of joy. Of course if my house was burning down I would probably grab my Bandai Hikaru Strike Valkyrie so I could sell it and start over. :p (This could change since I have yet to open any of my 1/48s or my MP Prime.)

I think my diecast Mach 5. MAN I wanted one SO BAD when I was a kid - I was so jealous of my friend who had the Hot Wheels ripoff-looking one. Now I make do with an ertl and a reissue hot wheels. But still it WOULD have been my holy grail.

2nd place - tie between the die cast mimoru(sp?) reissue of the Space Battleship Yamato, and the Uni-Five diecast Gatchaman GodPhoenix. I wanted these both badly too, but not like I REALLY wanted a mach 5...it wasn't like I had access to either of these in my youth