What's your most prized "Holy Grail" toy?

91WhiskeyM6

I wish I could say Bandai 1/55 VF-1S Hikaru Strike. So I guess it have to be the Yamato 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru plus Fast Packs.

...... But I wonder if Bandai would reissue the VF-1S Hikaru Strike. :rolleyes:

Ok don't really have a lot of macross items at the moment but I do have some really sweet spiral zone stuff

Spiral Zone by Tonka

Everything except for one fig.

Spiral Zone by Japan

Bull Solid Parapsychic type

Bull Solid Coating Type

Personal Floater X 2

Bazooka X 7

Brown Type figure X 3

And my own custom made Cyber Cop figure comprising of the Main components of Lucifer Bit the arms of Mercury Bit and the thighs and back back of Jupiter Bit

When I get a 1/48 MAX it'll be my grail

Man am I getting behind in posting around here lately. (Grumble ... stupid day job ...)

My "Holy Grail"? My 1/48 VF-1S Roy with Strike PACK attachments. It was my first 1/48, and still the crown jewel of my (no longer quite so modest) collection. The 1/48 VF-1J is a close second, along with my shiny new Optimus MPC (and I'm not a TF fan at all), but Roy's still my favorite. Hands down the best toy ever made.

I suppose my 73 Camaro fits the bill. It's not in the best shape right now but someday it will be. It was my first car and it is full of good memories. In the summertime, the interior has a certain smell that reminds me of when I first got it. When I fix it up and replace all the carpet, I will miss that smell.

I also love my custom, full suspension mountain bike. It's getting old but it still is a great, fast bike. I bought it before I was married and had a house. If I had waited, I would not of been able to afford such an expensive bike.

As far as toys, I think my green 1/32 Legioss is still king followed closely be the 1/48 Low-Vis. When I first started collecting, I had to get a green Legioss. It took a while but I finally found the perfect one on ebay. I didn't want to lose so I ended up overpaying quite a bit. But in the end it worked out because the seller gave me a blue one with a broken arm for free. It was an easy fix so I ended up with a good deal. The low-vis is still new but I love how it looks. I believe years from now, people are going to be paying an arm and a leg for them.

These are my HOLLY GRAIL. A full set 12 of MOSC original first release 12 backed Star Wars figures. All are NM 8.5 or higher grade, no yellowing, no bent corners no nothing except for a tiny bit of stress on the cards where the bubbles are attached (something that 99.9% of all of them suffered). Amazing thing is the story of how I got them, 5 years ago I paid $600 for the whole set, a 30year old's grandmom had bought a set and had stored them in the original plain brown grocery bag she got from the store. For 20+ years they sat in the closet all nestled away from the elements until this guy saw an episode of fx talking about sw toys. He called my little collectibles store I had at the time and offered them to me. Cool thing is that some of them have a pricetag on them from a small local toy store that had closed years ago. I remember this store and have very fond memories of shopping in it for toys and models.

Oh my holy grail of macross toys would be my 1/48th fokker.

post-4-1075035959_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr.Sci-Fi

Original Macross Toys

My favorite toy for semtimental reasons is a Bandai VF 1S Strike that I bought from a comic book store in 1985 when I was 11 for $45. This toy started this whole love of Macross. Still in great shape all stickers applied and original box still going strong.

My original Takatoku 1/55s

VF1S C9

VF 1J Hikaru C7

VF 1J Max C9

VF 1J Millia a C9.5 beautiful from Blackaces

VF 1S Super C9 and one in C8

Bandai original 1/55

VF 1S STrike C9

VE 1 Elintseeker C9

VT 1 Superostrich C9

Also two original, NOT recasts, of the 1/48 Ultimate strike kits from ClubM.

Contemporary Macross

Yamato 1/48 Fokker VF 1S Strike is my favorite toy of all time.

Non Macross

Original 12 back Star Wars figures on the cards in C8-C10 condtion some even are unpunched including Palitoy (English Kenner much rarer) Han, Luke and Darth. Vader.

Toys McCoy 12¨Indiana Jones figure MIMB.

Real life toy

2002 Corvette Z06 w/405 hp six speed, Carbon Fiber hood and HRE polished 19¨rims on all four corners wearing sticky Yokohama tires. The car has seen over 130 MPH on a racetrack and has embarrased many unwitting LA Porsche owners.

Edited by hirohawa