Jump to content

Recommended Posts

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/black-widow-movie-be-directed-by-cate-shortland-1126708

Black Widow is reportedly set before the events of the first Avengers movie and sees the actress reprise the role of the Russian spy turned superheroine.  The movie will be Marvel’s second female-focused film after Captain Marvel, which is set to open March 8, 2019.

Edited by sh9000
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Thom said:

I'm interested, but I'd prefer something after the movies rather than before. We know her background. Now show us more.

I'd have way preferred a movie about her time briefly teased in Age of Ultron. That sequence stood out as one of the highlights of an otherwise decent but ultimately mid-tier movie. By now, the time for a solo Widow movie has come and gone, methinks. It feels, at least to me, like a Solo movie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They can't afford to cheap out.  ScarJo is expensive, think she raked in $20M for age of Ultron, probably just as much for the Infinity Wars, and more.  They might be able to get cheaper enemies, fill in with Renner, and such, still not cheap, but not nearly as expensive.  Jackson might be a no show because he is just too expensive even for a cameo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

so are they gonna do the de-ageing thing for the whole movie (like they did with RDJ before)?   or is widow gonna look 6-7 (who knows when they'll shoot?) older than the events from after this movie suppossedly takes place?  i mean scarjo looks good for her age no doubt but we are going back at least 6 years....probably more like 6-10 so generous make up isn't gonna be enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:38 AM, Mechapilot77 said:

so are they gonna do the de-ageing thing for the whole movie (like they did with RDJ before)?   or is widow gonna look 6-7 (who knows when they'll shoot?) older than the events from after this movie suppossedly takes place?  i mean scarjo looks good for her age no doubt but we are going back at least 6 years....probably more like 6-10 so generous make up isn't gonna be enough.

Recast, then use CGI to make her look more like a young ScarJo? (maintaining continuity in a very weird way) It'd still probably be cheaper than actually hiring her as lead+sequels...

PS---sorry for the zombie-quote-reply

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This seems like awkward timing for a Widow movie; they should have done her story right after Iron Man, when Scarlett fever , and interest in the character, was more fervent.

Personally, while I think Ms. Johansson is a decent enough actress, I think she's way overrated. Moreover, for the role of Black Widow, instead of trying to cash in on name recognizeability, I wish they'd hired Olga Kurylenko, or an actress like her, who actually speaks Russian and English fluently. IMHO, Olga's much easier on the eyes, as well, but that's neither her nor there. Scarlett's flat, unaccented delivery as Widow, and pretty much all her other action movies, just doesn't do much for me. I'm probably in the minority, but that's how I feel about her portrayals. She's kinda blah.

Anyway, gripes aside, I'll probably see it anyway, as I've liked pretty much all of the Marvel Avenger related movies thus far (Iron Man 3 is prob my least favorite, and IM has long been one of my favorite Marvel heroes), and if it follows suit with the rest, it'll be good for a couple hours of fun distraction. I'll echo the sentiments that Hawkeye needs to be in there, too. I think Johansson and Renner have good chemistry as longtime friends and comrades- it comes across believable and unforced to me, so that's a relationship that would be fun and interesting to see explored from the beginning, methinks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IF done right, it could be good, but yes, she has aged, aged well, but she does not look like she did 6-10 years ago.  Good makeup can take a few years off the face, but her body shape has also changed, something they have done a good job of covering, since she had a kid.  Not that I am looking, but women's body shape invariably changes after having a baby.  That being said, get a good writer, director team onboard and it could turn out quite good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be honest, as much as I like Scarlett, I like to agree with @M'Kyuun, they should've made a Black Widow movie earlier. But I prefer after the Avengers movie so we can see 'Budapest' up to the point where she connects with Banner for continuation to the next arc. But at this point, to put out a solo Black Widow movie is already too late in the game. I'll probably watch it when it came out on digital.

 

Edited by no3Ljm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd be interested if it was...

Spoiler

... a rebirth type story line, seeing as what happened to her in Endgame.

Agreeing with all else though, that any prequel story should have happened a lot sooner, like right after IR2.

Edited by Thom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2019 at 11:18 AM, M'Kyuun said:

This seems like awkward timing for a Widow movie; they should have done her story right after Iron Man, when Scarlett fever , and interest in the character, was more fervent.

Personally, while I think Ms. Johansson is a decent enough actress, I think she's way overrated. Moreover, for the role of Black Widow, instead of trying to cash in on name recognizeability, I wish they'd hired Olga Kurylenko, or an actress like her, who actually speaks Russian and English fluently. IMHO, Olga's much easier on the eyes, as well, but that's neither her nor there. Scarlett's flat, unaccented delivery as Widow, and pretty much all her other action movies, just doesn't do much for me. I'm probably in the minority, but that's how I feel about her portrayals. She's kinda blah.

Anyway, gripes aside, I'll probably see it anyway, as I've liked pretty much all of the Marvel Avenger related movies thus far (Iron Man 3 is prob my least favorite, and IM has long been one of my favorite Marvel heroes), and if it follows suit with the rest, it'll be good for a couple hours of fun distraction. I'll echo the sentiments that Hawkeye needs to be in there, too. I think Johansson and Renner have good chemistry as longtime friends and comrades- it comes across believable and unforced to me, so that's a relationship that would be fun and interesting to see explored from the beginning, methinks.

Agree with this.

Chris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I enjoyed Ant Man & the Wasp and Captain Marvel, I do wish that they'd done a movie in between Infinity War & Endgame that actually took place during that time. You could have still set it after the first act of Endgame without spoiling that. 

Spoiler

Watching Endgame, I really think the 5 year gap would be an interesting period for the Black Widow movie. Rather than a 10 minute sequence of getting Hawkeye back into the group, wouldn't it have been interesting to see this thread as a BW-driven story? Seeing her in charge of the Avengers in a changed world, trying to cope with the loss of half of her "family," tracking down a violent vigilante and ultimately revealing that it was her best friend, pulling him back from the the abyss? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Kelsain said:

While I enjoyed Ant Man & the Wasp and Captain Marvel, I do wish that they'd done a movie in between Infinity War & Endgame that actually took place during that time. You could have still set it after the first act of Endgame without spoiling that. 

  Hide contents

Watching Endgame, I really think the 5 year gap would be an interesting period for the Black Widow movie. Rather than a 10 minute sequence of getting Hawkeye back into the group, wouldn't it have been interesting to see this thread as a BW-driven story? Seeing her in charge of the Avengers in a changed world, trying to cope with the loss of half of her "family," tracking down a violent vigilante and ultimately revealing that it was her best friend, pulling him back from the the abyss? 

 

Spoiler

This is actually a better idea, show her during the intervening time and becoming the boss we see after the time jump.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • sh9000 changed the title to Black Widow

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...