So some of you actually display your macross stuff at work? I've always wanted to do that but not sure how others will take it. I already look younger than my age, don't want my coworkers to think I'm immature too by still playing with what they call "toys".

Maybe get a Hi-metal 1J and get those all grouped together...

As a matter of fact, I'm selling off my hi-metal 1s at the moment, but the whole reason I bought one bitd was to display with the 1/100 pods. In any case, I get what you're saying. I'm hoping the various 1/60 and 1/48 regult projects that other MW guys are working take off enough for them to be purchaseable some day. The 1/48 size pod would be EPIC to have... =) peace.

So some of you actually display your macross stuff at work? I've always wanted to do that but not sure how others will take it. I already look younger than my age, don't want my coworkers to think I'm immature too by still playing with what they call "toys".

If your coworkers would look down on you for something like collecting toys, they probably aren't worth concerning yourself with. If what you're into isn't hurting anyone, then they all need to stfu. :D

If your coworkers would look down on you for something like collecting toys, they probably aren't worth concerning yourself with. If what you're into isn't hurting anyone, then they all need to stfu. :D

I have to agree. People usually don't say anything if they have an issue like that, but you will probably get conversation if someone does have the same interests. I displayed some stuff at work long ago, and I ended up making more friends out of it just because.

Most of the guys I work with are a bunch of Mongo's. I find the occasional closet WOW player, but that doesn't do me any good since I don't play myself. I don't think there's any collectors in my unit at all.

I've been thinking about bringing my hi metal vf-1j to work. I mean, a few pieces probably wouldn't hurt. My concern would be whether it would make me look less professional and ultimately affect my career development. If I don't care about advancing then I wouldn't think twice about it and display it all already. I don't have enough shelf space at home already.

@ultramanzoffy - Very nice display! although i do have to agree about the Regults being a bit out of place in that display. however i really like the how you got the most out of your display space in your detolf with the different poses! When i originally was thinking of how to design my display, i liked the simplicity of having all the valks uniform, but i do miss when i used to pose all my valks in different ways. It just made it look crowded, but i may rethink that and go for something more dynamic.

One of the things i really wanted to do was to have multiple displays of just valks in Fighter Mode which i feel i accomplished fairly well. It's always hard to mix fighter valks along with the other modes in a display and make it all work. I'm really impressed with how you have your 1/60 shelf laid out.

Now if only the rest of the case were macross stuff too!!!! hahaha j/k

I've been thinking about bringing my hi metal vf-1j to work. I mean, a few pieces probably wouldn't hurt. My concern would be whether it would make me look less professional and ultimately affect my career development. If I don't care about advancing then I wouldn't think twice about it and display it all already. I don't have enough shelf space at home already.

Around my company, everyone from the bottom to the top has at least a few weird or eccentric things in their office to reflect something they enjoy. It's nothing to be ashamed of or fear having. That being said, if you feel something on your desk would really impact your upward movement at your job, maybe it's time to update your resume and move on! lol

I was just reading about a lawyer that gave up his career to build legos. He really successful at it, I'm sure Lego fans will know who I'm taking about. He never brought any of it to work because it wouldn't reflect well on the firm. But I bet it felt good quitting to play with toys for the rest of his life. Lol.

I'd have to have a private office to display toys at work. Even a 1/100 hi-metal would be too expensive to have in a cube.

I have some of the revotech macross stuff on my desk at work, unfortunately people approach my desk and say "oh Robotech how cool". you don't understand how sad that makes me.

That's much better than calling them transformers. One did recognize my 1:55 looks really like his old Jet Fire.

Edited by CF18

Alright... gave my tiny Banpresto valk a super glue makeover, and it's now one of my favorite toys to fool around with. The 1/100 Regults now have a new home on one of my "blister card" shelves. :)

523905_10150836182919254_507184253_11522880_22104911_n.jpg523999_10150836183549254_507184253_11522881_223109480_n.jpg

As far as toys at work goes, it really comes down to the type of industry/company you're with, and the atmosphere. A lot of companies in the bay area actually encourage a lot of personality on the job, so then you end up with something like my cousin's desk below =):

4.jpg?t=1333750229

Edited by ultraman zoffy

Greetings. First post here...so..."Hi, my name is Wasabi-san...and I'm addicted to Macross." Been collecting for a while, and hope to do so for a long time. The fiancee' even helps paint the Battletech mini's. Going through the site and seeing all of the collections and model work is quite impressive. Bravo to those doing the work. The following are a few pics of the collection on display. There's a few bins of kits w/out boxes, framed posters, comics and broken toys still in storage, needing some love. Thanks to Robotech, I fell in love with Macross, Mospeada and later Dougram in part to Revell's model line. Hope you enjoy them. Cheers.

MacrossCond1-1.jpg

MacrossCond2.jpg

MacrossCond3.jpg

MospeadaCond1.jpg

DeskCond1-1.jpg

MacrossModelsOne.jpg

MacrossModelsTwo.jpg

You're a truly monster!! OMG!!

my latest addition, just arrived in the mail today! (5/7/12)

VF-1S1-60vIIJOHN5-7-121.jpg

VF-1S1-60vIIJOHN5-7-122.jpg

VF-1S1-60vIIJOHN5-7-123.jpg

- it truly looks awesome. it blows me away straight out of the box, in the very same fashion as my first 1/60v.II, the Hikaru 1J T.V. did back in mid/late 2008-ish.

the joints are a wee bot looser out of the box than the 1J was, as my memory serves, but that was largely the product of

customer feedback on part of past releases such as this one, no?

at any rate, everything's plumb and smooth, and the shoulder's integrity (both cracked) seems to be holding just fine so far.

a little loose, but holding. i'll likely be getting SHAPEWAYS replacements in a month, when i can afford a set next,

but i have a sneaky suspicion that the existing joints will hold at least that long. we'll see...

JOHNsMACROSScollection5-7-121.jpg

JOHNsMACROSScollection5-7-122.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

me? i wouldn't give a Rat's A$$ what other people think, myself. Haters will, as they say, Hate, and after speding my mid-teens/mid twenties observing what

the overwhelming bulk of my generation, as well as most every other before it, have been rigidly conforming to,

and what the almighty society at large overpoweringly dictates as acceptable "Adult" Tastes and Behaviors,

i have personally concluded that it is simply not for me, and not worth bothering to appease/conform to...

As far as displaying at work, i'd be more concerned about the co-workers on other shifts messing with my stuff or the cleaning crew knocking something down. Unless you have your own office that is locked after you leave, i wouldn't risk it.

Kicker!!!! Stop messin with ur photobucket pics!! Hahhaa, I always check this thread a few days later and then your pic links are all dead.

Can you edit those posts and fix the link pics??

As for posting updates for my collection, I'm waiting for a new centerpiece to arrive that will be my holy grail. Pics to come soon!

I will. I picked up another display case and rearranged things. Instead of the display cases leaning on the wall I arranged them like a library set up. An isle for each series. I still have to reorganize the series of who goes with what and move the model kits to the garage since they won't fit anymore. I need to find end cap bookcases or shelves for my books and macross DVDs. It literarily now a museum =]