@Ultraman Zoffy - Yay for fellow Detolf customizer!!!! haha... nice display dude. what clear display bases are you using to add the height in your shelf?

Haha... thanks KiriK. I've seen your collection posts and thought it was cool that I wasn't the only Detolf combiner around. I've actually been meaning to cut the tops and bases down on mine like you did to close the gap, but been too lazy. The display bases I use are a combination of acrylic display boxes that I buy from Michael's (the arts and crafts store) and acrylic risers I buy from ebay from a seller called Lasercreations. These all work really well and are on the cheap side of things. Advice for Michael's: keep an eye out for their weekly flyers and sales. They tend to put their acrylic boxes on sale 40% off every other week or so.

I've been so busy with school and then a new job I have not been keeping up with collecting lately but I'd like to thank this thread for showing me a SDCC green Zan tactical pod item. I went and bought it the same day!

@Benson13: Ikea Dioder lights... they're great because you can string them all together and run them off of one main switch. All you have to do is route the wiring towards one of the back corners of your case and you're set.

@Jasonc: By far the hardest valks to come by in my case... the place I've seen them more frequently than anywhere else has been on Japanese auction sites that you can bid on through fromjapan.co.jp. Even then, they only pop up very rarely and usually start at 28000 yen, so it's a battle trying to grab them. Good luck bro, hope you land a set.

It does my heart good to see that Crusader shuttle in such good shape. :D Mine's sadly yellowed horribly, but I recently bought a giant tupperware tub that I can dunk it in to hopefully restore it.

Yeesh.. I need to display something somewhere.. someday. Most of the Valks I have out are kinda scattered across random furniture.. and/or the floor. :lol:

Holy crap! This thread is off the hook!!! This is mecha heaven!!!

Awesome collections guys, I'm floored!

And Bernard21, no wonder the Robotech toys are hard to find in mint condition, you have them all!! :lol:

Here's what I have, excuse the poor quality, was trying to take the pics without flash:

sam4171.jpg

From top to bottom:

sam4226n.jpg

sam4210.jpg

sam4211.jpg

sam4212.jpg

sam4213.jpg

OFFICIALLY done! I'll squeeze my cavalier in here somehow, but all the V2's I set out to own are in here now with the arrival of my VF-1A Hikaru today. :D

528486_10150833288964254_507184253_11515824_1232370855_n.jpg

I have one minor gripe about this. The orientation of the information on the card does not match the orientation of the Valks on display. It seems like anybody who is going to need that card, i.e. none of us on Macross World, is going to have to scan around to every item in the case to try to match up what is what. Maybe it's just the pedantic engineer inside me but it seems inefficient.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone.. :)

@Mommar: I actually arranged the index in columns with the loose concept of series/movie they appeared in, then top to bottom in a loose "order flown by Hikaru" motif... lol. Everything else (VT-1, VE-1, Virgin Road) was just sort of thrown on there. I wanted to avoid making the index related to the valks' physical position in the display just because I end up having to move stuff around all the time.

@DarrinG: Nowhere else to put the pods right now, but despite their scale, I like these little vinyl suckers! haha... at least until someone steps up with a proper 1/60 scale pod. They'll be out eventually once I free up some shelf space outside the display.

One more close up of the M&M's for TGIF purposes =)

540554_10150834220629254_507184253_11517842_468144431_n.jpg

Edited by ultraman zoffy

Thanks for the recommendations everyone.. :)

@Mommar: I actually arranged the index in columns with the loose concept of series/movie they appeared in, then top to bottom in a loose "order flown by Hikaru" motif... lol. Everything else (VT-1, VE-1, Virgin Road) was just sort of thrown on there. I wanted to avoid making the index related to the valks' physical position in the display just because I end up having to move stuff around all the time.

@DarrinG: Nowhere else to put the pods right now, but despite their scale, I like these little vinyl suckers! haha... at least until someone steps up with a proper 1/60 scale pod. They'll be out eventually once I free up some shelf space outside the display.

540554_10150834220629254_507184253_11517842_468144431_n.jpg

Great job!

I just got a large CMs Patlabor Pickel baddie and posed it with my smaller Ingram revys and I think it works great.

When you have off-scales I think it looks best to have the baddies TOO BIG - making them more menacing.

Its not that you, or we, do not like the pods - its just that you have these valiant Valks are dwarfing these little rubber - quite unthreatening - enemy mechs.

Maybe get a Hi-metal 1J and get those all grouped together...