@Shaorin: Mittens on Minmay? For a $400.oo doll, you'd think they would have the fingers and better boots. Also, who's the character in the space suit?

no, this isn't the $400.00+ 60cm tall YAMATO VMF50 Minmay that i have,

it's the $130-odd 11in. YELLOW SUBMARINE/TAKARA MACROSS 15th Anniversary Minmay

from the late-90's. i made the boots and gloves myself, and replaced her stock

TAKARA JENNY doll body with a vastly superior OBITSU;

- YAMATO VMF50 -

LynnMinmayDYRL44.jpg

- YELLOW SUBMARINE/TAKARA MACROSS 15th Anniversary -

daylight-minmay-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

JOHNsMACROSScollection5-7-122-1.jpg

- could be better, i'll freely admit, i'd much prefer the gigantic VMF50 myself, but the at or near $1k that she tends to command these days

is well out of my personal league. the puny little 15th Anniversary, however, at right around $100, was something i could manage...

Also, who's the character in the space suit?

AstronautAyeka5-12-12.jpg

(( Derpy-looking, ain't she? well, what else could you possibly begin to expect from - TOYNAMI - ? ))

oh, that's the 12in. TENCHI MUYO "Princess Ayeka Masaki Jurai" doll that TOYNAMI released back in 2001.

(along with matching "Tenchi Masaki" and "Ryoko Hakubi" dolls)

she was my very first Anime doll, and the only one i had, for many years.

i had made her that spacesuit, along with many other outfits, learning how to sew, and honing the skill, as i went along.

today, that skill, highly refined, is put to service of my small-but-growing Anime Doll collection,

but it basically all started with that Princess Ayeka and the NASA SPACE SHUTTLE-type spacesuit that i had made her back then,

so i keep her around, Fugly as she might be, in relation to the balance of my collection at least...

see much more here; http://shaorin-chan....rt.com/gallery/

Edited by Shaorin

Speaking of dolls, what actually happened to the 1/6 Max & Roy in the white pilot suit? Is this project by Toynami & tomopop being scrapped?

Indefinitely put on hold like many other cool Macross products, that need a bigger fanbase to make them profitable.

Indefinitely put on hold like many other cool Macross products, that need a bigger fanbase to make them profitable.

Somehow I feel if Yamato can sponsor a Macross toy commercial TV series, like say the SDF: Macross (Re-animation, NOT REMAKE). That will be the silver bullet.

some more Destroid love... because there doesn't seem to be very much of it... I don't understand the hate on the matchboxes. Atleast they gave us almost every model in a similar scale. For the price they clean up rather nice.

100_2017.jpg

100_2025.jpg

100_2026.jpg

100_2013.jpg

100_2024.jpg

100_2020.jpg

We have all of the Tenchi dvd's in the collection, so, yeah, she looks familiar.

yeah, "TENCHI MUYO!" was one of my earliest, and first excursions in Anime outside of the MACROSS universe,

and i had totally had a crush on Princess Ayeka Masaki Jurai.

today, the series kind of rather irritates me. but about a decade back, however, i was quite the passionate fan...

TENCHICOLLE-JOHNS-5-16-12.jpg

Love the Skull One Valkyrie girl...scratch built?

i'm pretty certain that it is this, with a semi-custom paint job applied;

B9SVpwBWkKGrHqEOKooEyjCzuNpBM4lW8dc1_3.jpg

i should get myself one. if i can do up the "Minky Momo" figure kit i recently completed

as well as i feel that i did, then i figure that i can handle one of these just fine...

also... CURRENT VF LINEUP;

VFLINEUP-JOHNS-5-16-12.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

It's been a while now, but I know there used to be a thread dedicated to kitbashed Valk Girls. Can't recall which section it was in though.

Generally involved a lot of revoltech figures and Toynami 1/100 valks as I recall. The one that sticks in my mind used a Revoltech Rei as a base, and I know there were others, but I don't remember who did them. They're probably in the gallery section though.

I'd look for it myself, but rather not go searching for pictures of Valk Girls at work. ^_^

Edited by Chronocidal

The big Spartan destroid (EXO Squad or Robotech) was the hardest one for me to find. As far as I know, they never did the Civil Defense Squad colors like the little ones, just the brown/green colors. Is this correct?

Also, does anyone have the two die-cast valk battroids that were to scale with the Matchbox destroids? I've never seen them, but have heard of them.

1%20144%20scale%20takatoku%20vf1j%20and%20vf1s%20diecast%20%28Medium%29.JPG

1%20144%20scale%20takatoku%20vf1j%20and%20vf1s%20front%20%28Medium%29.JPG

1%20144%20scale%20takatoku%20vf1j%20and%20vf1s%20back%20%28Medium%29.JPG

^_^

Edited by jvmacross

It's been a while now, but I know there used to be a thread dedicated to kitbashed Valk Girls. Can't recall which section it was in though.

Generally involved a lot of revoltech figures and Toynami 1/100 valks as I recall. The one that sticks in my mind used a Revoltech Rei as a base, and I know there were others, but I don't remember who did them. They're probably in the gallery section though.

I'd look for it myself, but rather not go searching for pictures of Valk Girls at work. ^_^

that was miriya's bash fig if i'm not mistaken..

Then you my good sir need to take a quality picture of that bad boy!! B))

Its still in the box.. when I find the right person to build it/paint it.. then I'll take pics..

In the mean time.. quick pics..Bam!

DSC_0206.jpg

Bam bam!!

DSC_0207.jpg

That amount of Macross items concentrated in such a small area will likely cause an unwanted space fold to occur. :lol:

Not finished yet.. still have more things to unpack and move around.. but i did feel an unwanted space fold happening.. nah.. maybe it was just all that Fringe episodes I've been watching.. :)

HOLY COW! That's the first time I've seen the actual products...well, pictures of. How rare are those two, and how close in scale are they to the destroids?

Metal body, plastic head, lower legs and arms?

Thanks for sharing.

@chronocidal: I agree with the "work ethics" thing, I can't do it either, and using the 12yr old PC at home is just...painful...worse than dial-up.

I would say they are the hardest to find of the original Takatoku 1/144 scale diecast figurines.....you can get a 1/240 original Takatoku Monster sooner.....the Phalanx would be the next one in difficulty.....The Tomahawk, Defender and Spartan are easy to attain.......

Although they all say 1/144 scale.....it is not very accurate....they all stand at about the same height relative to each other......

Well, so much for thinking the collection was nearing "completion."

Takatoku only made the two variants, and didn't make any Max/Milia/Fodder versions, right?

Also, how rare are the original "Hi-Metal" valks that came in the white boxes with graph linework?

If you want to collect "everything"....no........if you narrow down your focus and have the discipline to keep it that way....maybe.... ;)

In the original Takatoku 1/144 diecast line...only the VF-1J and VF-1S were made..... :(

1/72 Hi-Complete Models from Bandai were the ultimate valk toys at one point in time.....however, due to the superior valk interpretations these days, their desirability has eroded for all but the most ardent macross completists...much easier to find today and definitely more affordable..... :rolleyes:

Here's a couple of valk girl kit bashes that i made. =] http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=9718&view=findpost&p=862516

YF-19 girl

YF-21 girl

VF-11 girl

Vf-1 Rei

That sounds like a fun but dangerous project! I hope you have some tiny sharp scissors.

gonna be a hair dresser for an hour today to try and figure out how to straighten out minmay's hair..

gonna be a hair dresser for an hour today to try and figure out how to straighten out minmay's hair..

Good luck, or I should say, I hope it came out alright. I imaging before doing that, I'm going to look on some online doll sites for those, and see if there's a tried and true methot to it. Since you're one of the only guys I know on here that has the VMF version as well, what outfit do you like better? I lean more towards the chinese dress version.

Good luck, or I should say, I hope it came out alright. I imaging before doing that, I'm going to look on some online doll sites for those, and see if there's a tried and true methot to it. Since you're one of the only guys I know on here that has the VMF version as well, what outfit do you like better? I lean more towards the chinese dress version.

I actually like the Chinese dress also. But I'm lucky enough to be able to display both. I got into the VMF series and collected dolls 1-6 with the exception of the Miu ninja and Kanu one. I'm still hunting those down. I did manage to snag an extra Chinese dress.

Hey Jason did you ever get a plastic cover for the head before you put the wig on to prevent staining? I constatly check mine to make sure it doesn't stain even though I have a cover for it.

I tried to brush her hair and use water. It's slowly getting there but i might have to ask a friend of mine who's a hair dresser to do it. That will be an interesting conversation. "You want me to fix who's hair? What? Are you serious?" Lol

Edited by Kicker773