Macross Collection Display Thread

KiriK

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

toy storage p0rn!

yeah man it's good to bust them out and see the whole collection since i plan to wrap everyone of them.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Who needs a closet of clothes when you have a closet full of Valks? ^_^

Kidding aside. That's a good idea, David. Thanks for sharing! ;)

you welcome! hopefully you guys get some wrapping in too:lol:

4 hours ago, Old Man said:

Hey David, how many valk boxes do you think can be stacked before bowing ensues?

I have some of my doubles bubbled wrapped and stacked, but now I'm worried about the bowing.

mine starting bowing with just 3 valks stack on top. i couldn't see bc they were in bubble wrap. 

my yf-19 boxes you can see them bending with just two items stack on top.

cUZyS0E.jpg

2 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Ordered some last night ^_^ Im gonna start with part of the collection this weekend

awesome! please post some pics when you're done wrapping =)

UPDATE:

just finished wrapping a few more last night and want to show the difference between a nice mint box unwrapped vs. a mint box wrapped:

8BnyN4Fl.png?1

eaUbhwpl.png

3OtfmE5l.png

Hk0IJuMl.png

Edited by davidwhangchoi
adjust pic size

I do not mean to raise any unverified concern, but the one thing I have noticed is that none of the valks I own have any yellowing.  None are wrapped to the degree you are going for.  If anything, I just use single sheets of bubble wrap between boxes to avoid scuffing between boxes.

Is there any additional value in sealing a toy for the long term, other than maintaining the integrity of the box's shape? Or will keeping it sealed the way you are showing cause any chemical reactions to "stay trapped" within the box and cause premature damage to the valk?

:unknw:

nope. none of my valks are yellowed and they've been sitting in storage boxed in a closed spaced bubble wrapped.  any mythological chemicals reactions would've happened by now as every yamato and arcadia vf-1 sits  between two plastic trays completely cut off from air. unless you poke holes if your vf-1 trays, there's no difference.  i think there's a lot of myths out there but let's not go into that here. 

the majority i'm using strips which slide off except a few boxes that i want to wrap fully.  

i'm doing this so i can stack my boxes, not protect them, as they lose shape as seen in the comparison photos.   

3 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

nope. none of my valks are yellowed and they've been sitting in storage boxed in a closed spaced bubble wrapped.  any mythological chemicals reactions would've happened by now as every yamato and arcadia vf-1 sits  between two plastic trays completely cut off from air. unless you poke holes if your vf-1 trays, there's no difference.  i think there's a lot of myths out there but let's not go into that here.  

I wouldn't mind hearing about these myths. We can start a new thread if you want to bog this thread down.

did a few more boxes tonight:)

the newer style vf-1 boxes that do not have lids don't need much strips to wrap as you don't have to worry about having a lid.

nxg6TBIm.jpg

on the cav's box it's been laying flat for a while and you can see the bends on the side flaps. so i'm going to add minimal reinforcement there:

RfBpqCD.jpg

OW3JbtC.jpg

z1s6MJV.jpg

3UjyGEv.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

It's great to see your collection David, very impressive!  You've also made some very good suggestions with regard to storage.  I didn't realize how easily the boxes can bend, I'll need to be more careful in the future.  I really like the way you've displayed the boxes inside of the bookcase, nicely done. B))

20 hours ago, ChristopherB said:

It's great to see your collection David, very impressive!  You've also made some very good suggestions with regard to storage.  I didn't realize how easily the boxes can bend, I'll need to be more careful in the future.  I really like the way you've displayed the boxes inside of the bookcase, nicely done. B))

That's why I've asking you for the boxes ;)

Edited by Darotower

10 hours ago, Darotower said:

I put them all in a bookshelf and looks really cool for me but I was thinking in add some wrapping to the boxes to protect them better

Hey great shelf Darotower =) yeah definitely wrap them,  i can see the  VT-1 box on your shelf already bending in the backm at least tie a thin strip that you can slide on and off easy to keep it in shape

10 hours ago, spanner said:

holy crappamunga! how many Valkyrie you actually own!?!? :shok:

Plz spanner, you probably have just as many boxes:p 

7 hours ago, ChristopherB said:

It's great to see your collection David, very impressive!  You've also made some very good suggestions with regard to storage.  I didn't realize how easily the boxes can bend, I'll need to be more careful in the future.  I really like the way you've displayed the boxes inside of the bookcase, nicely do B))

just rearranged my display table below =)

6 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Darotower = King of Valk Box Displays

+1

3 hours ago, hkj711 said:

Great job on the wrapping and bookshelf display!  I wish I could display my stuff like that!

yes! join in the on wrapping! you can do it =)

1 hour ago, Darotower said:

26, the whole Yamato VF-1 Collection except for the weathering versions! :D

i finished wrapping most of my valks and rearranging my display table, it used to be gundams until last night:

f7Th545l.png

i converted it into a VF-1 display table :wub:

KJ1VK3th.png

what's on the table: (the green bubble wrap is a VT-1)

4RbvKGil.png

E6vZGLah.png

5I0ubt5h.png

Vol1HBmh.png

NM54Crah.png

here's the weathering versions wrapped:

I82FoNZh.png

double copy of weathering Max VF-1S(left) kaki and max waethering 1a (right)

SYnjBZRh.png

weathering hikaru 1j is the hardest weathering valk to get, roy and hikaru weathering 1s are easy to get 

pTQW08Zh.png

some rare stuff:

sdf-1 mini and protoculture city

6RFxBd4h.png

mzy4mOgl.png

jrOq5ptl.png

Uj6ImYBl.png

zH4mVcql.png

arcadia yf-19 supers in tan Tenjin colors

YjgXlZ1l.png

6l3RmaNl.jpg

DrcFkCwl.png

official max 1a zentraedi suits

EcUbcgul.png

32 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Where is the jaw dropping emoticon on this forum? :lol:

Now I wonder... Is this thread still about Maintaining and Reinforcing? Or it's about showcasing 'Hard-To-Get' Macross stuff? :lol:

By the way, Slave. Here you go...

6m0EYqs.gif

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Now I wonder... Is this thread still about Maintaining and Reinforcing? Or it's about showcasing 'Hard-To-Get' Macross stuff? :lol:

By the way, Slave. Here you go...

6m0EYqs.gif

a lot of both! i wanted to reinforce my boxes and took out all my VF-1's out of storage. last night i wanted to test them out and changed up my display wall.

the wraps work really well and now i don't have to worry about stacking them on top of each other 

bump for new page^_^

showing off the collection and strength of wrapped boxes:wub::wub::wub:

53 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Hey great shelf Darotower =) yeah definitely wrap them,  i can see the  VT-1 box on your shelf already bending in the backm at least tie a thin strip that you can slide on and off easy to keep it in shape

Plz spanner, you probably have just as many boxes:p 

just rearranged my display table below =)

+1

yes! join in the on wrapping! you can do it =)

i finished wrapping most of my valks and rearranging my display table, it used to be gundams until last night:

f7Th545l.png

i converted it into a VF-1 display table :wub:

KJ1VK3th.png

what's on the table: (the green bubble wrap is a VT-1)

4RbvKGil.png

E6vZGLah.png

5I0ubt5h.png

Vol1HBmh.png

NM54Crah.png

here's the weathering versions wrapped:

I82FoNZh.png

double copy of weathering Max VF-1S(left) kaki and max waethering 1a (right)

SYnjBZRh.png

weathering hikaru 1j is the hardest weathering valk to get, roy and hikaru weathering 1s are easy to get 

pTQW08Zh.png

some rare stuff:

sdf-1 mini and protoculture city

6RFxBd4h.png

mzy4mOgl.png

jrOq5ptl.png

Uj6ImYBl.png

zH4mVcql.png

arcadia yf-19 supers in tan Tenjin colors

YjgXlZ1l.png

6l3RmaNl.jpg

DrcFkCwl.png

official max 1a zentraedi suits

EcUbcgul.png

4 hours ago, Old Man said:

Where's a good place to pick up some cellophane? Amazon?

hey Old Man, how's it going?  (it looks like these posts got moved to clean up a bare empty site, i guess too many beauty shots.

here's a link to what i ordered from amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M02ASVX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

anubis20 ordered a roll and it produced great results for him,

if you try it out, let me know how it goes.

3 hours ago, linitrofe said:

6m0EYqs.gif

thanks!

To the Mod or mods/admin, i understand moving the collection pictures but i think the thread is helpful tips with taking care of boxes and should either be moved to a maintenance thread or warrant it's own topic. please consider as it's not just display photos but some info.

thanks,

9 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

pTQW08Zh.png

some rare

Nice collection! I've been getting some of the weathering versions and only want  the Roy VF-1S at this point.  Unfortunately, the Roy VF-1S is proving a bit hard to find for a decent price.