Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?scode=FIGURE-048606-S001

Macross Zero 1/60 Kanzen Henkei SV-51 Gamma Piloted by D.D. Ivanov Final Battle Version(Pre-order)(Single Shipment)

32,380 JPY

Pre-order (Release Date: early Jun-2020)

A bit confused here.  Is this a second run, with hopefully no leg problems?  Arcadia's page doesn't mention it.

Why is it a good bit cheaper than the first run, I wonder.  I am tempted, though...

Link to post
Share on other sites

amiami has three old Arcadia releases up for preorder right now that no other store has up for preorder. I suspect that they picked up stock from somewhere, maybe Arcadia directly, but that it's not a new production run. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

GOOD NEWS


Both NY and HLJ replied to my inquiry and said they had extra replacement legs for the SV51!

I got a set from NY, but due to shipping issue I had to pay $40 for ups. They offered a cheaper ferry service which would take forever. The legs themselves were no cost

hlj was slow responding so I went with ny

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, OptionZero said:

GOOD NEWS


Both NY and HLJ replied to my inquiry and said they had extra replacement legs for the SV51!

I got a set from NY, but due to shipping issue I had to pay $40 for ups. They offered a cheaper ferry service which would take forever. The legs themselves were no cost

hlj was slow responding so I went with ny

Hang on a minute. Are you imply that those "extra" legs can be given to other customers?

Cause I got no luck from my vendor :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I ended up getting one of the newer ones, and while both feet were on the correct sides, the right foot would not come out, to the point where the glue and the fasteners didn't hold, and the two-pronged broke off. Luckily, I was able to submit a claim, and they sent out another right leg. So far, it transforms perfectly now, and the leg is better than "new".

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jasonc said:

I ended up getting one of the newer ones, and while both feet were on the correct sides, the right foot would not come out, to the point where the glue and the fasteners didn't hold, and the two-pronged broke off. Luckily, I was able to submit a claim, and they sent out another right leg. So far, it transforms perfectly now, and the leg is better than "new".

*SIGH*  one of the variable fighters I never got around to buying when I stopped collecting years ago was the SV51.  I'm looking into them now, but what are the issues other than the legs do I need to look out for?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, myk said:

*SIGH*  one of the variable fighters I never got around to buying when I stopped collecting years ago was the SV51.  I'm looking into them now, but what are the issues other than the legs do I need to look out for?  

I've read of some people complaining about them still being a little loose, and not too many enhancements from the original design, but as I was sitting here, comparing the old and new, the new one is much more stiffer than the original, with more locking areas to give it a pretty solid feel. The feet were an issue, but I haven't heard of any of the new ones having the wrong feet in them. I don't know if my problem is just one out there that's random, but I got it from a reputable place (Amiami) and they took care of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Jasonc said:

I've read of some people complaining about them still being a little loose, and not too many enhancements from the original design, but as I was sitting here, comparing the old and new, the new one is much more stiffer than the original, with more locking areas to give it a pretty solid feel. The feet were an issue, but I haven't heard of any of the new ones having the wrong feet in them. I don't know if my problem is just one out there that's random, but I got it from a reputable place (Amiami) and they took care of it.

Ok, so buy an Arcadia version?   The Yamato being a froppy mess doesn't surprise me...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, I looked at mine and it turns out my SV-51 has two of the same ankles as well... I did get mine from HLJ, but with it being so many months since it had shipped, I wonder if they can/will still help. I sent them a message to see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jenius said:

If the prices were the same the Arcadia would be an obvious choice, it is better, it's just not WAY better while being WAY more expensive.

NVM  lol...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jenius said:

If the prices were the same the Arcadia would be an obvious choice, it is better, it's just not WAY better while being WAY more expensive.

Your detailed review of the Arcadia is what convinced me to stick with my Yamato and save my money for other projects and acquisitions

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont have one, looks like I wont be getting one now.  I have some Hasegawa fighter mode models of the SV-51 I might as well just build up because it seems this particular variable fighter is questionable as a toy.  Oh well...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to fix the other right leg that may have accidentally been glued inside (which is why the feet wouldn't come out. To anchor the piece that holds the two feet prongs, I used A LOT of a glue that dries as a plastic, after sanding off the black paint. The glue was able to anchor into the holes where the fasteners used to be, and what is left is now a proper right leg that works. So now I have 2 good right legs now.

17 hours ago, myk said:

Ok, so buy an Arcadia version?   The Yamato being a froppy mess doesn't surprise me...

I think it depends on how much you really want it. I'm very happy with mine since it is now fixed and works as it should. It looks much better than the Yamato version IMO, and it is stiffer. If you do go with the Yamato though, in places where it is loose, you can brush in future floor polish where it needs to be stiffer, and wait literally 24 hours before you start moving it again. It could take time and be a bit of a hassle, but at least it may not cost as much to fix.

13 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Hmm, I looked at mine and it turns out my SV-51 has two of the same ankles as well... I did get mine from HLJ, but with it being so many months since it had shipped, I wonder if they can/will still help. I sent them a message to see.

Good luck on that. Hopefully they can get one for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i need a correct ankle too. CD japan wouldn't reach out to arcadia on my behalf. 

I had the same issue, ended up asking Arcadia directly, and they were willing to ship to a Tenso address.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I had the same issue, ended up asking Arcadia directly, and they were willing to ship to a Tenso address.

thanks. man, i need to make a Tenso account. if set it up i'll direct message you for your Japanese translation request. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

thanks. man, i need to make a Tenso account. if set it up i'll direct message you for your Japanese translation request. 

I just used google translate, it's been a loooooong time since I took Japanese in college.

Keep the sentences short, simple and clear; and translate back from Japanese to English to double-check.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

I just setup a Tenso address recently. It was simple and I think they have a guide to set it up with various accounts so you don’t need to worry about translating anything. 

Yep, it's not too difficult to set up a Tenso address. To abide by Japanese law, they do need to verify your identify and give you a few options for that (e.g., sending them a picture of an official government photo ID card). Once your account is set up, you can view your address in four different formats: General Purpose, Amazon Japan, Rakuten, and Rakuten Global Market (now-defunct, but the format is still useful). I'll freely admit that I've had to use Google Translate a few times for some of the formats, just to better understand which information is going into which category (street address, city, prefecture, etc.).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I just used google translate, it's been a loooooong time since I took Japanese in college.

Keep the sentences short, simple and clear; and translate back from Japanese to English to double-check.

You reminded me of the time I played FFXI back in the day. I used the Japanese client because Square Enix inexplicably did not allow Japanese input on the English client, and instead forced American players to use their stupid auto-translate phrase generator. So I would often receive these auto-translate messages from American players which would have made sense in English, but were freaking gibberish when they came over to me in Japanese. I would reply "English is fine dude." :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Holy thread necropathy, Batman!

I recently had the extraordinarily good luck to acquire one of these on eBay for the unbelievable price of $154. Sadly, it appears that the unit which I received has the bad left leg in battroid mode. Aside from that, it looks almost brand new. Does anyone still have any extras and would be willing to sell me a replacement? Please let me know. Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Attempted to ask if HLJ would be willing to sell me a replacement leg even though I didn't purchase from them. The answer, sadly, was "no." So, back to trying to find another way...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Axelay said:

Attempted to ask if HLJ would be willing to sell me a replacement leg even though I didn't purchase from them. The answer, sadly, was "no." So, back to trying to find another way...

Have you tried contacting Arcadia? They won't ship to the US (I don't think) but you could set a Tenso address up. Which is nice to have anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Have you tried contacting Arcadia? They won't ship to the US (I don't think) but you could set a Tenso address up. Which is nice to have anyway.

Haven't attempted to yet, but may wind up giving that a try if nothing else comes through. I am thinking that I might be able to ask a MW friend in Hong Kong if they would be wiling to receive it for me and then relay it here to the USA. Was just hoping to go a more direct (not to mention quicker) route before resorting to such measures.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not certain but I think someone was able to purchase a replacement leg from Nippon Yasan.  It could be worth a shot.  Sorry to hear about that ebay purchase.  I think I had my eye on the same listing.  Didn't the seller say they checked and that it came with the correct set of legs?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

I'm not certain but I think someone was able to purchase a replacement leg from Nippon Yasan.  It could be worth a shot.  Sorry to hear about that ebay purchase.  I think I had my eye on the same listing.  Didn't the seller say they checked and that it came with the correct set of legs?

May check there next, if that's the case. The listing did indicate that the seller "thought" that the legs were correct, but they definitely are not. I can see why someone might not know, and for only $150, it's absolutely not worth my making a claim and sending it back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

I'm not certain but I think someone was able to purchase a replacement leg from Nippon Yasan.  It could be worth a shot.  Sorry to hear about that ebay purchase.  I think I had my eye on the same listing.  Didn't the seller say they checked and that it came with the correct set of legs?

Whether NY actually has the item they’re selling to you is another matter....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Still in need of a replacement leg... I reached out to the original owner and he indicated that he bought it from HLJ, but he's not able to provide a receipt. (Makes sense, as you wouldn't just give some stranger your payment info. I don't begrudge him that.) When I contacted HLJ previously, they were unwilling to help unless I had purchased the unit from them. Anybody know if HLJ records serials of units sold so that it could be verified in that manner? I'm really grasping at straws here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...