Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

I don't know what you guys are talking about, the Tornado packs are the best looking upgrade for the VF-25 and the renewal toy versions are just fine.

I like the way the Tornado parts look but have you tried to put them on in Gerwalk mode? Those wings BOW bad.

I never owned the V1's, what was different about the Tornado parts on there?

IIRC, the connection for the wings was much more secure. But it's been years since I handled a v1 DX.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, the Tornado packs are the best looking upgrade for the VF-25 and the renewal toy versions are just fine.

Well in this regard we have vastly different definitions of "just fine". Speaking only for Fighter mode where the gunpod falls off if you look at it and the wing connection is so bad you have to try and secure it by adding plastic to shore-up the fit (there were pages of discussion in the related thread).

Anyway - still digging those custom paint schemes! This is one Valkyrie where I will happily skip a CF release.

-b.

Referring back to Seti88's photo, I'm digging the right paint scheme. I dislike yellow and gold, and pretty much most of their color variations, so a gold-less valk is the one for me. Still hoping those are mini-Koenigs on the wingtips. :D

Edited by M'Kyuun

Well in this regard we have vastly different definitions of "just fine". Speaking only for Fighter mode where the gunpod falls off if you look at it and the wing connection is so bad you have to try and secure it by adding plastic to shore-up the fit (there were pages of discussion in the related thread).

I fixed all of that with 5 minutes of work and no disassembly, to me that makes it just fine.

Edited by anime52k8

Yeah, I display my VF-25F with Tornado parts in GERWALK (because that's the best looking mode for it IMO), but the wings bow quite a lot.

I agree, that's how I wanted to pose mine. But those wings were so bad I elevted to pull the first Frontier Movie look mear the end and leave the back cannons but leave the rest bare.

I never owned the V1's, what was different about the Tornado parts on there?

There are pylons on the underside of the 262?

I meant the white bumps on this image:

image.jpeg

In my mind they where much more prominent but now looking at this image they are probably only detailing on the legs. :unsure:

I meant the white bumps on this image:

image.jpeg

In my mind they where much more prominent but now looking at this image they are probably only detailing on the legs. :unsure:

I believe those pods are part of the 262's FAST packs. In the preview ep they were missile containers so maybe they can even be swapped out for other things as well kinda like the 31.

Those are indeed missle pods, several scenes show missile barrages against messer, the VF-171 and mikumo IIRC...coulnt recall tho if there were some on the topside of the wing too because it seemed to be an umbrella launch around the draken....

Looking closer am liking the single row gatling gun detailing of the mini-koenigs too... :p

Those are indeed missle pods, several scenes show missile barrages against messer, the VF-171 and mikumo IIRC...coulnt recall tho if there were some on the topside of the wing too because it seemed to be an umbrella launch around the draken....

Looking closer am liking the single row gatling gun detailing of the mini-koenigs too... :p

Yeah those Missile pods were top side too. I think a design feature of the 262 is to look somewhat identical from above and below to confuse its enemies in a close engagement. Kinda like the false canopies painted on the underside of Canadian F-18's.

Well, judging by their placement, they will be mounted to both inside and outside lower legs in B and G modes, if indeed they are also mounted topside.

Yup recehecked and the SV does indeed have missile pods on both top and bottom, as seen in the flyby and various shots...

post-15116-0-04539200-1457929981_thumb.jpg

but back to the ghosts and mention of the B mode...i wonder how those ghosts would be stored in B mode.

I can only imagine the ghosts hanging on and forming a side skirt configuration, since i dont thk the wing tips will fold into the back..

That may cause issues of posing in battroid if the ghosts are too heavy....which most likely i hope there will be stands to have the ghosts in flight seperate from the battroid...

Edited by seti88

Yup recehecked and the SV does indeed have missile pods on both top and bottom, as seen in the flyby and various shots...

attachicon.gifsv_pods.jpg

but back to the ghosts and mention of the B mode...i wonder how those ghosts would be stored in B mode.

I can only imagine the ghosts hanging on and forming a side skirt configuration, since i dont thk the wing tips will fold into the back..

That may cause issues of posing in battroid if the ghosts are too heavy....which most likely i hope there will be stands to have the ghosts in flight seperate from the battroid...

I have a feeling the wing still folds towards the back for the 262's. And it's not a problem on putting it in the wing since they already did that with all those add-on heavy wing parts on the Frontier Valks. But yeah, it's interesting to see side skirt wing mount like the 19's on the new show. ;)

I'm coming awfully late to the party, but here's a crazy thought. What if they are being so secretive with the 262's Battroid/GERWALK modes because it doesn't have one of them?

Ok, no Battroid is very unlikely. And it seems like we've seen its Sazabi-esque bell-bottoms, suggesting it definitely has two humanoid legs. But what if instead of a traditional GERWALK mode, the 262 has a "dragon" mode? Maybe the name is more than a reference to its real-world inspiration. I was struck by how Escalowne-ish the Aerial Knights were, so what if the 262 had a transformation scheme of fighter->dragon->armored knight?

I admit, we've already seen a 262 deploy its legs, but that doesn't definitively mean that was its GERWALK mode; a battroid would need to have legs regardless of its other forms, and the "just pop the legs out" maneuver is as old as SDFM. I do think the "dragon mode" is a longshot idea, but I wanted to toss it out here before the speculation is over.

I'm coming awfully late to the party, but here's a crazy thought. What if they are being so secretive with the 262's Battroid/GERWALK modes because it doesn't have one of them?

Ok, no Battroid is very unlikely. And it seems like we've seen its Sazabi-esque bell-bottoms, suggesting it definitely has two humanoid legs. But what if instead of a traditional GERWALK mode, the 262 has a "dragon" mode? Maybe the name is more than a reference to its real-world inspiration. I was struck by how Escalowne-ish the Aerial Knights were, so what if the 262 had a transformation scheme of fighter->dragon->armored knight?

I admit, we've already seen a 262 deploy its legs, but that doesn't definitively mean that was its GERWALK mode; a battroid would need to have legs regardless of its other forms, and the "just pop the legs out" maneuver is as old as SDFM. I do think the "dragon mode" is a longshot idea, but I wanted to toss it out here before the speculation is over.

I'm just imagining. So what you're saying is, a 'Dragon' mode with its legs deployed like typical Macross' Gerwalk mode (which we partially seen in the prologue episode) but has or a possibility that look more like a dragon? And the nosecone will be the 'dragon's' head somehow(?). Kind of like Cutlass gerwalk form?

It's been mentioned before by me in the locked delta thread, though only in jest. The only thing that would bother me is having humanoid looking feet instead of a clawed type.

Edited by wmkjr

I have a feeling the wing still folds towards the back for the 262's. And it's not a problem on putting it in the wing since they already did that with all those add-on heavy wing parts on the Frontier Valks. But yeah, it's interesting to see side skirt wing mount like the 19's on the new show. ;)

The frontier valks had heavy wing parts but i think the mini koenigs would take the cake. Battroid mode might some weight distribution issues standing carrying those erm...barbells? :p

I guess thats 2 mystery areas for the ghosts in battroid; weight and location... :huh:;)

I'm just imagining. So what you're saying is, a 'Dragon' mode with its legs deployed like typical Macross' Gerwalk mode (which we partially seen in the prologue episode) but has or a possibility that look more like a dragon? And the nosecone will be the 'dragon's' head somehow(?). Kind of like Cutlass gerwalk form?

I don't have a clear idea of how such a transformation would work, but my guess is that the legs we see deployed in Ep 0.89 would not be the dragon's legs at all - those would be battroid legs that are just able to swing out for maneuvering like in a typical valk. I'm picturing a dragon with much more slender legs, possibly derived from the battroid arms and/or just a portion of the battroid legs (or maybe just one pair of legs, more wyvern than dragon).

Essentially, imagine if Kawamori could have another try at the Escaflowne's transformation scheme, but work in a jet mode as well. It's far-fetched, but he does like to come back to ideas over and over again, even decades apart.

I don't have a clear idea of how such a transformation would work, but my guess is that the legs we see deployed in Ep 0.89 would not be the dragon's legs at all - those would be battroid legs that are just able to swing out for maneuvering like in a typical valk. I'm picturing a dragon with much more slender legs, possibly derived from the battroid arms and/or just a portion of the battroid legs (or maybe just one pair of legs, more wyvern than dragon).

Essentially, imagine if Kawamori could have another try at the Escaflowne's transformation scheme, but work in a jet mode as well. It's far-fetched, but he does like to come back to ideas over and over again, even decades apart.

Curious. I mean, I'm all that 'Dragon' configuration just to see something new in the world of Macross and for me to deviate away from that Sailor Moon concept. Hehehe. :lol: But theoretically speaking, we already seen the Battroid 'legs' deployed. And from what we've seen, it's hard to picture now any remaining parts of the Valk that can somehow be the remaining 'Dragon' parts unless we can consider that the Battroid legs can interchange into what you're referring to as the Dragon's slender legs(?) when it enters the Dragon mode. In that sense, we're looking somehow into 4 modes instead of 3, right? Unless to keep the 3 modes, there will be no Battroid mode like what you've suggested earlier. Hmmm. That's going to be an interesting configurations. ^_^

"Dragon" would fit well with "knights"...

Agree. ;)

https://youtu.be/HqUTINolvHg?t=20m28s

You don't think he covered that base the first time around? :p

Didn't know Sephiroth was in Escaflowne. :rolleyes:

A quad GERWALK would be cool, esp if that big cannon could swing up top, giving it a quad tank look. A quad battroid would be interesting, but even moreso if it can also assume a bipedal form. That would be a first for a valk, and add something unique to what has become pretty formulaic. Armored Core is what came to mind ,too, as soon as 'quadraped' was mentioned.

Great...I've got this picture in my mind, and now it'll be a bit of a let-down if it's not quadrapedal. Thanks guys. ^_^