Jump to content

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

Because flippers need to be able to make a living.  By paying normal MSRP prices we'd be taking food right out of their mouths :lol:

This. lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Special Sauce said:

Because flippers need to be able to make a living.  By paying normal MSRP prices we'd be taking food right out of their mouths :lol:

^ I hope all those re-sellers choke on excess stock and make little to no-profit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I hope Bandai chokes on excessive stock for forcing people to buy the same toy again just for an accessory that should have been included in the first place. 

Damn right.  It's one thing to make a second version with minimal changes but to make a third?  That's just being greedy.  If it's like everyone has been saying, if releases have been coming slow from them lately the least they could do is release something completely new.  Like a Max VF-1S or something cool like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Special Sauce said:

Damn right.  It's one thing to make a second version with minimal changes but to make a third?  That's just being greedy.  If it's like everyone has been saying, if releases have been coming slow from them lately the least they could do is release something completely new.  Like a Max VF-1S or something cool like that.

I dunno about another Max.  Need a VF-1J Miria first! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Still available at HLJ if you're interested.

 

I was able to score one from AmiAmi. But even if I weren't, there are other online stores available, and this won't be super hard to find in the aftermarket.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Skull005 said:

Need a VF-1J Miria first! 

I have to see Milia's 1j when it gets to be displayed as I'm not quite sure if the red will look good in person. The HMR version looked washed out to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So question to the community who own VF-31's.  I recently got a new, unopened VF-31E from Mandarake.  I have noticed an issue with the legs/intakes staying connected while in fighter mode, and also, where the wing on the left side of fighter mode slides into the leg at the back of the fighter mode, near the feet.  It will not fully engage into the slot made for it, I don't want to force it, but if I don't keep pushing on it, the wing will disengage from the leg and make the leg flop around.  I have transformed it to try to workout the kinks associated with a new DX from the factory, but the issue has not resolved.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  The problem seems worse when the radar dish is deployed.  

Twich

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, borgified said:

Pics might help us to problem solve it @twich.  

So these are pics of all the gaps and of the area where the wing hooks into the leg by the foot on the left side of fighter mode. The fact that the right leg remains extended in fighter mode at the knee joint puzzles me, as you would think that would be the side that doesn’t line up. Comparing it to my DX VF-31F Messer/Hayate release from passionate Walkure, they don’t seem to fit together the same. I am puzzled….

Twich

88E46887-654F-404C-9293-50BC06429B6D.jpeg

1B4EE780-7203-49FC-A3B4-CFE614B27C97.jpeg

EE5607CD-DB8F-46E7-AA0B-0A0565B34D43.jpeg

D498B43A-2314-4A72-A8F2-114B960D4B54.jpeg

2090AB89-7455-4DBA-946D-7E4055F9D1FF.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going back about 40 pages, I noticed that several people have been having the gap at the knee joint,  while grabbing to the sight, it does not really detract too much from the jet.  My major issue, being the fact that the left wing will not sit tightly against the leg, I have shaved down the tabs going into the leg to see if it was a fit problem that way, but it hasn't really changed anything.  I will not shave anything more off of the tab, and realistically, these are minor annoyances, but not ones that I experienced on my VF-31F Messer/Hayate version.  I really love both of my VF-31's and do not regret buying them at all.  It is just making me wanting to know more about the plans for future valk releases coming from the next Delta movie and the future.  We got the VF-25G Tornado and the whole slew of YF-29 toys from the second Macross Frontier movie....how many DX toys will we get from this one.

 

Twich

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/6/2021 at 2:26 AM, twich said:

Going back about 40 pages, I noticed that several people have been having the gap at the knee joint,  while grabbing to the sight, it does not really detract too much from the jet.  My major issue, being the fact that the left wing will not sit tightly against the leg, I have shaved down the tabs going into the leg to see if it was a fit problem that way, but it hasn't really changed anything.  I will not shave anything more off of the tab, and realistically, these are minor annoyances, but not ones that I experienced on my VF-31F Messer/Hayate version.  I really love both of my VF-31's and do not regret buying them at all.  It is just making me wanting to know more about the plans for future valk releases coming from the next Delta movie and the future.  We got the VF-25G Tornado and the whole slew of YF-29 toys from the second Macross Frontier movie....how many DX toys will we get from this one.

 

Twich

I have a bunch of 31's but have not had anything really major like this: the fighter gap behind the cockpit is the most I've ever had, but it usually went away after 2-3 transformations.  I have chuck but haven't opened him: I'll let you know if I find this issue as well when I do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, aurance said:

Yep, FAST packs = super parts.

(FAST is an obsolete real world term.)

I'm considering getting it. What I don't like is how you have to remove some parts to transform it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, A Good Noodle said:

I'm considering getting it. What I don't like is how you have to remove some parts to transform it. 

I understand that, though for me personally, I have become accustomed (even preferring) to removing some super parts prior to transforming all VFs.... because the fact is, it is much easier to transform the VFs without the parts sometimes, plus lower risk of breaking anything However, what I can't get over is the swapping of parts.... like the  DX VF-25.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heyy!!! Been offline the forums for a while... so the news is we get an Arad variant in Messer's colors and a Hayate speaker combo ( will support bluetooth)??

And I'm still here craving for a reissue of the 31A ... man!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, RealJayDee said:

Heyy!!! Been offline the forums for a while... so the news is we get an Arad variant in Messer's colors and a Hayate speaker combo ( will support bluetooth)??

And I'm still here craving for a reissue of the 31A ... man!!!

The actual news is the PO for the DX VF-31J Hayate with Fold Projection Unit (aka Speaker Pod) is already closed. However it will NOT support Bluetooth. Arad's Valk in Messer's colors on the other hand has just been revealed in some Japanese hobby magazine scan. But no toy form announcement yet. :rolleyes:

And yes, I think everyone's still craving for 31A Kairos reissue. ;)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2021 at 8:48 PM, A Good Noodle said:

Hello everyone. I'm new here and just wanted to show some love to my 31C. 

 

 

PXL_20210421_191256826.jpg

177382463_309007394137831_1328907055577316195_n.jpg

While I'm not a Delta fan, Mirage's 31C and Kairos 31A are the ones worth owning in my book. Sad that Bandai doesn't do reissues. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

The actual news is the PO for the DX VF-31J Hayate with Fold Projection Unit (aka Speaker Pod) is already closed. However it will NOT support Bluetooth. Arad's Valk in Messer's colors on the other hand has just been revealed in some Japanese hobby magazine scan. But no toy form announcement yet. :rolleyes:

And yes, I think everyone's still craving for 31A Kairos reissue. ;)

 

Ever since I got my Kairos I just rub the box like it's "my precious" (It's still sealed).

I'll open it at some point.  I just haven't gotten the nerve to do it yet. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

While I'm not a Delta fan, Mirage's 31C and Kairos 31A are the ones worth owning in my book. Sad that Bandai doesn't do reissues. 

I like Arad's as well.  Head sculpt does it for me as does the colors.  Hopefully they make that other color scheme, I'll probably try and get that too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Special Sauce said:

I like Arad's as well.  Head sculpt does it for me as does the colors.  Hopefully they make that other color scheme, I'll probably try and get that too.

Arad's isn't to shabby either. B))

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, RealJayDee said:

Heyy!!! Been offline the forums for a while... so the news is we get an Arad variant in Messer's colors and a Hayate speaker combo ( will support bluetooth)??

And I'm still here craving for a reissue of the 31A ... man!!!

Hahah Imagine if it does that like in the show, ie sound and projections...shock and awe! 

I like your bluetooth idea tho. Deserves a like. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, seti88 said:

 

Yes, that does look sweet! Has anyone noticed that the color palette seems to have gone drab for the new movie? Arads “S” model teased was the colors of Messer, now this one is all dark and drab. I’m not complaining, I like the new, more military color scheme.

Twich

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Likely a merchandising driven decision looking at how hot the old 31A mold and color scheme was.

Also begs the question if there is any reason to release a 01/02 version of the old 31A kairos mold moving forward. Hmm..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Special Sauce said:

I already have my Kairos but I'd still buy that or if it's just the armor set I'd probably get that as well.

Still not completely sold on the armour set design, but these colours do seem more suitable for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Still not completely sold on the armour set design, but these colours do seem more suitable for it.

I'm not usually an armor guy, more of a super/fast pack kind of guy but I do like this one.  I have that armor set for my Arad and I haven't used it yet, mostly because I worry about the stress it can potentially put on the joints.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll be in for more 31As, but the armor is just a heavy mess of too much junk.

Random goofy question by the way.. how many super pack releases do we even have?  I know I've got Hayate, Mirage and Messer.. did we ever get Arad's set?  I'm pretty sure we never got Chuck's, but I honestly can't remember Arad's, since at that point they started including the reaction missiles with the base valks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...