Tomytec Gimix 1:144 VF-1

CF18

I want to see a Tomytec fighter up close before I pull the trigger, but so far they are looking good!

I really want a delta 02 but if I missed it cause of bandai PO madness then at least we got this little thing that we can buy multiples ;)

I also want a VF-31A!

I so want the CF VF-25A, 31A, 171's. I suspect it is due to my fetish for rare items and the CF fighters being less likely to be sold compared to hero valks.

That does look cool!!! The Russians have circles on their carrier decks. We have lines so they have to have circles. It's an old US vs Russia thing :p - MT

http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/kuznetsov/kuznetsov5.html

I am pretty sure they are designated Helo landing areas similar to LHD carriers. The difference from an LHD carrier is that the AK carrier also has a jet launch ramp.

Edited by Zinjo

estimated cost each?

They are already up for Preorder and the prices are in line with all the other 1/144 TOmytech stuff; around 25-35 USD a pop on average.

I've seen other Tomytech stuff in Japan and it's very, very detailed. However, too pricey for me.

It's basically just a snap-kit with a crapton of Tampo printing. Proportions are always a little miffed because parts need to be structurally sound in the tiny 1/144 scale.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

what do you think are the 'gimmicks' for the battroids?

Never mind...found the hints at hobby search. On the other hand, I wanted to get the VF-1A fighters yesterday but reservations were closed. T_T

• 2 weeks later...

From tomytecs twitter pics, it seems that there is are extra tail decals included to customise your valk!

Different tail decals will be provided between the 1S,J and A gerwalk sets.

Now thinking if i should just get the 1J to get the sundowners tail decal...

post-15116-0-84907800-1463553785_thumb.jpg

:huh:;):p

Edited by seti88

I wonder if they will add the same option for 31a.

Will have to wait and see on that, as even for hayate's gerwalk mode they havent released the details of what decals would be included.

Oooh, a Vf-1 VF-1!

Chris

hehe nicely said! :lol:

Am not sure how it will work on roys version, it doesnt look like skull emblem is part of the decal sheet.

Which means you might have to decal over the skull emblem if you want a variant?

For 1A and 1J the default tails are empty so you can decal as you wish...

The joints are there for articulation, but the wings look like they may be in the way. I'm not sure if it would be too difficult to mod the upper body to lean forward far enough for clearance like the revoltech battroid figure.