Tomytec Gimix 1:144 VF-1

CF18

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know if they can be taken apart after assembled to build a new mode if you have the other set needed. Or once built they are stuck that way?

The gerwalk set contains multiple main blocks. It seems likely that you would be able to reassemble the blocks together if you do not glue the main blocks together.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=43003&page=3

In my experience with their Super Flanker, they were remarkably well thought-out with the sprue attachment points---often in locations where pieces joined, or under-gated.

Also, they seemed to detach very cleanly, best I've ever found---I don't know if it's simply due to the small scale or a certain mix of plastic, but I recommend going against the norm, and try snipping as flush as you can on the first cut. On the smaller pieces at least. Odds are good it'll release very cleanly.

In my experience with their Super Flanker, they were remarkably well thought-out with the sprue attachment points---often in locations where pieces joined, or under-gated.

Also, they seemed to detach very cleanly, best I've ever found---I don't know if it's simply due to the small scale or a certain mix of plastic, but I recommend going against the norm, and try snipping as flush as you can on the first cut. On the smaller pieces at least. Odds are good it'll release very cleanly.

That's good to know that it detaches cleanly, cos was worried abt pot marks on the pieces from detaching it from the sprues.

Sniping flush will definitely help in avoiding necessity of contact on painted pieces during nub cleaning.

Edited by seti88

it certainly adds a nice dynamic flight element to it...I had thought it was customized in their displays but am glad that it made it to the kit...

Of course i think this wont work if you were going to pair it with the lighted up configuration, as that doesnt have a banking joint....

post-15116-0-23847300-1466046782_thumb.jpgpost-15116-0-69575400-1466046791_thumb.jpgpost-15116-0-14450400-1466046802_thumb.jpgpost-15116-0-31549500-1466046812_thumb.jpg

Oh hey, protip for the non-light-up display stand:

See how it has a rectangular top? You'll likely have a choice of two parts to install into the belly. And you do NOT want the one with a rectangular hole in it, when using the non-lit stand. Trust me on this.

You want the "blank" belly-piece, and drill out the holes from the backside.

Of course, the banking adapter looks to be quite different, so all that may change.

• 2 weeks later...

Pre-ordered the 2 pack set for gerwalk and battroid. Crossing fingers for this to meet my expectations, the pictures look amazing.

Also, hopefully they come out with the Super/Strike packs? Realistically these are gonna be a smash hit for them right? Surely armored versions would be the next logical step.

If they do an armored one I hope it's a dedicated kit and not just add on parts. A dedicated kit would keep the proportion better. I would also like to see other mecha and support vehicles. I really doubt any one else has plans for a gnerl fighter.

If they do an armored one I hope it's a dedicated kit and not just add on parts. A dedicated kit would keep the proportion better. I would also like to see other mecha and support vehicles. I really doubt any one else has plans for a gnerl fighter.

i would definitely want that!

Add on parts would be difficult due to it being a kit. Cant imagine removing and adding them back on like a DX.

Destroid's at this scale and pre-painted? insta buy!

1/144 destroids, strike packs and launch arms ...am sure there will be many fans buying it...

and instead of those airport ground blocks, carrier ground blocks w catapults...

Cmon tomytec you can do it!....urgh ..rant...

The Tomahawk had a floating pilot and opening cockpit? !

Do those launch arms and loading bays move? !!

Ahhhh I was gonna pass on this line and go all in the hmr line but that is insane details.

Has anyone got theirs vfs shipped? Are the parts for swapping plug and play like the store photos, or are switching modes involving loss of teeny parts?