Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S/A Reactive Armor

Valkyrie addict

]

Another thing I noticed, it seems when in armor mode, looks like it needs a 'bigger' hands somehow. :rolleyes:

Mr. K did mention his concern in the tweet, and he is considering to do the same approach he did on GBP-1S. Probably raise the cost from current 2 parts to 4 parts per arm by having extra hands and wrist base.

reactive%20armor%20comparison_zpswr6k4wr

What do you think about the proportions?

Unless the line art has been resized a bit too narrow then yeah the actual toy parts are too fat in places.. hope this is only a early prototype pic and will be or has been corrected.

Those shoulder pod things definitely aren't right..

Edited by spanner

Mr. K did mention his concern in the tweet, and he is considering to do the same approach he did on GBP-1S. Probably raise the cost from current 2 parts to 4 parts per arm by having extra hands and wrist base.

I don't mind the extra cost as long that the hands will look nice when he's wearing the Reactive Armor. ;)

Unless the line art has been resized a bit too narrow then yeah the actual toy parts are too fat in places.. hope this is only a early prototype pic and will be or has been corrected.

Those shoulder pod things definitely aren't right..

Yeah, I agree that the line art is too narrow to compare to the actual toy. And besides, since when does the Macross toy ever get 101% accurate on the line art? ;)

I agree also on the shoulder missile pods, it's too big. I think the correct size probably is the Hasegawa kit.

Edited by no3ljm

Hey Seti. Somehow the link you posted is giving an error page when clicked. Here's the fixed one. ;)

http://ameblo.jp/arcadiaac/entry-12154839006.html

But yeah, looks like it's ready to get pounded in a hockey game. Hehehe. :lol:

Another thing I noticed, it seems when in armor mode, looks like it needs a 'bigger' hands somehow. :rolleyes:

Cool thanks for the corrected link ;) , must have messed something when i reedited the post.

And as for the hands, are you referring to clown hands? :p On a VF-0S? :huh::lol:

Oh he did? Didnt realise that , i thought he was going to maintain the same hands...

which beings me to the question...can the hands on the VF0S be removed? I cant remember and not going to try...

Cool thanks for the corrected link ;) , must have messed something when i reedited the post.

And as for the hands, are you referring to clown hands? :p On a VF-0S? :huh::lol:

Oh he did? Didnt realise that , i thought he was going to maintain the same hands...

which beings me to the question...can the hands on the VF0S be removed? I cant remember and not going to try...

Noooo!!! No clown hands for this guy. What is this? 1980's? Hahaha! :lol:

I can't remember too if the hands can be pulled from the recent VF-0 figures. But... maybe... that's the reason why for a bundle release? Additional new hands? :ph34r:

Looks fine to me in this angle. ;) The shoulder missile pods however should be thinner.

arcadia_hasegawa_reactivearmor.jpg

The 1:72 kits proportions do look pretty good but some parts are still a little too big. I know nothing can ever truly match the line art which does look rather slender by comparison but im much preferring its smaller chest plate section over the prototypes & 1:72 kit parts.. Yes I have to agree the Arcadia VF-0 does look like its drowning in its RA parts. And there are a few design errors going on.

Even if they adjust the proportions to match the look of the 1:72 kit then I'd be perfectly happy with that.

post-21335-0-33142100-1461909554_thumb.gif

I always planned for my VF-0S to be dressed in the Reactive Armor. But when I now have had him displayed in Battroid mode waiting for the armor, I've become quite fond of the naked form... So now I feel I need another 0S. I say, bring on a bundle or re-release!

Noooo!!! No clown hands for this guy. What is this? 1980's? Hahaha! :lol:

I can't remember too if the hands can be pulled from the recent VF-0 figures. But... maybe... that's the reason why for a bundle release? Additional new hands? :ph34r:

taylor swift named her album 1989 cos the 80's sells(!) and maybe clown hands have model version 0 too :lol:

But, i dont see any pictures of hands in Mr K's development blogs. ^_^

I always planned for my VF-0S to be dressed in the Reactive Armor. But when I now have had him displayed in Battroid mode waiting for the armor, I've become quite fond of the naked form... So now I feel I need another 0S. I say, bring on a bundle or re-release!

Actually looking at Mr K's blog pics, having the VF-0S semi-nude looks (its not as creepy as it sounds) :lol: , the 0s looks sorta bulked up esp if just wearing the forearm armors for example...

been giving it some more thought and I reckon I will need a 3rd VF-0S for these so if they do actually release it as a bundle or the option then all good!

Insert wallet WARNING LABEL here! :lol:

Arcadia literally has us by the short hairs.

Yeah, this sucks...I literally was forced to buy this damn expensive VF-0S, which I really wasn't planning to do so...if this comes out in a bundle ONLY, the next time I am in Japan, I am bringing the single VF-0S and throwing it through Arcadia's office window.

Yeah, this sucks...I literally was forced to buy this damn expensive VF-0S, which I really wasn't planning to do so...if this comes out in a bundle ONLY, the next time I am in Japan, I am bringing the single VF-0S and throwing it through Arcadia's office window.

if you want ill give you my address and you can throw it on my window :XD

You're getting upset over nothing. There's no official announcement this is a bundle and we've never seen anything that would be $450+ before, it's highly unlikely they would start now.

For a prototype it looks okay to me. The extra bulk makes me thing that there is actual armor on there to protect the occupant.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a shave here and there to add tone to the sculpt and remove some of the exaggerated blocky bits. Maybe seeing it in color will help too.

You're getting upset over nothing. There's no official announcement this is a bundle and we've never seen anything that would be $450+ before, it's highly unlikely they would start now.

Agreed. Not upset, but would be IF IT'S A BUNDLE ONLY is what I said..The point is I have no regrets dropping $450 on a bundled set, but not $750+ for a bundle and a single valk (even though I like the 0S that Arcadia put out). The issue is they're selling 0S now, and you don't know what they will do. It is a conundrum...Sort of like what they're doing on VF-1's right now albeit at a lower price point.

reactive%20armor%20comparison_zpswr6k4wr

What do you think about the proportions?

I have already stated that it is looking a bit chunky. The chest and shoulders seem to be the biggest offenders to me. The 3rd area is the ankle cuffs, you can barely tell it has feet. It might be because of the color of the feet on the 1/60 VF-0s. The last area that looks off to me is the size of the cod piece. I prefer how the head is more exposed in the line art than the prototype. The prototype chest reminds me of the 1/48 scale GBP-1S chest. That girl was very busty :lol:

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Yeah the parts are a little big.

Looking at that pic, it looks like they are taking cues from that kit