Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

@saburo the fuel tanks go on the 0s not 0a... :D really liking the look of these 2 on the 'tarmac' of your cutting mat tho... :D so stylish B))

looks la lil like the m0 screencaps previously shown but on the opposite angle.

boy there's gonna be even more eye candy in the pics thread B))

@saburo the fuel tanks go on the 0s not 0a... :D really liking the look of these 2 on the 'tarmac' of your cutting mat tho... :D so stylish B))

looks la lil like the m0 screencaps previously shown but on the opposite angle.

boy there's gonna be even more eye candy in the pics thread B))

hehe. I forgot to attach the leg tanks, I was having fun swooshing around the 0S. :D

Planning to take pics this coming weekend, the 0S will be the my first pic post of 2016.

Edited by Saburo

Ugh, i'vebeen waiting all frakking day for my damn brother to let me borrow his keys so I can run to Fed Ex.

did they missed you again? is there a Fedex office / kinko's within walking distances, if so you can request to have it hold there for free. If it's closer than the main station, that is.

Just an FYI, while it is a darker shade of white than the SDFM brightness it's not nearly as dark as the DYRL colors were. It's somewhere in between those two.

did they missed you again? is there a Fedex office / kinko's within walking distances, if so you can request to have it hold there for free. If it's closer than the main station, that is.

It's not a matter of missing it, it's that there has been some heavy snow here the past few days and my brother was worried about my car being able to make it so we took his and even though the Fed Ex location is down the road from where my Mom is he wouldn't let me borrow the keys (and I didn't want to walk down the road with a giant box of plastic things in twenty degree weather.) I got my Dad to show up in his Jeep and take me later today.

Just an FYI, while it is a darker shade of white than the SDFM brightness it's not nearly as dark as the DYRL colors were. It's somewhere in between those two.

It's not a matter of missing it, it's that there has been some heavy snow here the past few days and my brother was worried about my car being able to make it so we took his and even though the Fed Ex location is down the road from where my Mom is he wouldn't let me borrow the keys (and I didn't want to walk down the road with a giant box of plastic things in twenty degree weather.) I got my Dad to show up in his Jeep and take me later today.

Snow... <_<..... and twenty degree weather? :( I wouldn't walk down the road with my valk either :D , Glad you got it.

My two arrived not more than 30 minutes ago. Both in pretty good shape! One did have the cockpit control panel rattling around inside the cockpit which I re-attached with a teeny touch of glue. Good thing it wasn't lost.

The other does have a rattling noise coming from its lower left leg section but everything seems to be secure and functioning properly. Probably a small left over from production perhaps? Also had a very small scratch on the black of the canopy frame which I easily touched up.

Other than that they are sweet! Love the paint scheme and the off white really sets it off! Definitely the prettiest Macross Zero Valkyrie to date! Thinking I might buy a 3rd..

post-21335-0-56563700-1451370553_thumb.jpgpost-21335-0-75979300-1451370570_thumb.jpg

post-21335-0-65422400-1451370584_thumb.jpgpost-21335-0-30120700-1451370610_thumb.jpg

Very cool shots Saburo and spanner, the 0S is looking so dang nice.

Grats on the new arrivals guys!

Strongly considering getting a second despite the high price tag. That's just how much I like this thing. :)

Man, just looking at people's pictures (yours included!) is making me wish I'd gone ahead and added a second to my order, especially with the armor on the way.

@spanner i like the way you put roy chilling on the wing intake! B))

Just waiting for the cockpit to be installed hehe...

hehe! yeah Roy jus chillin! :p

Had to dismantle his right forearm to get the hand sliding mechanism all the way forward cos the hand wasn't stuck in properly and when I pulled it out to attach the gun pod the hand separated and I couldn't get the slider all the way forward again.. A minor pain in the arse occurrence but its done and dusted now. Feels so good to finally have a Roy VF-0S in my collection! I just couldn't bring myself to buy the original Yamato Self Disintegrating Editions but these Arcadia's are a pretty sweet little unit! :D

They certainly have a strong presence altogether don't they! B))

20151229_184153.jpg

Bitch'n!

Had to dismantle his right forearm to get the hand sliding mechanism all the way forward cos the hand wasn't stuck in properly and when I pulled it out to attach the gun pod the hand separated and I couldn't get the slider all the way forward again.. A minor pain in the arse occurrence but its done and dusted now. Feels so good to finally have a Roy VF-0S in my collection! I just couldn't bring myself to buy the original Yamato Self Disintegrating Editions but these Arcadia's are a pretty sweet little unit! :D

Bitch'n!

They fricking rock the display!! B)) I like the way you have the bottom masterfile book also on the zeros to drive home the point...

I hope when you mentioned the hand, it wasnt surgery right?

They can be stiff new (as per my 0a) but nothing some measured pulling wouldnt solve...

now all is needed is the RA and ghost...cmon arcadia get a move on! :5:

They fricking rock the display!! B)) I like the way you have the bottom masterfile book also on the zeros to drive home the point...

I hope when you mentioned the hand, it wasnt surgery right?

They can be stiff new (as per my 0a) but nothing some measured pulling wouldnt solve...

now all is needed is the RA and ghost...cmon arcadia get a move on! :5:

haha! the Master File book is sheer coincidence as its the only on the top of the pile due to numerical order to the rest of the books! but its pretty cool having it right under the Zero's!

No the forearm dis-assembly wasn't surgical at all.. just pop off the screw cover panel, remove the screw and it pops apart. Just a hassle to do at the time as the last thing I wanted to start doing was mess about fixing things. I just wanted to play with them and put em on display. Easy enough process though. The sliding mechanism is quite tight and when the hand is inserted in its too tight to pull out and the hand pops straight off. I put the smallest amount of Vaseline on the runners so it slides a little easier. Also the elbow joint was a tad loose which I tightened up while I was there. Seems all good now.

Gluing the cockpit controls back on was more of an inconvenience as I wanted to wait for the glue to dry completely before refitting the pilot and canopy. The only glue I have is some Wurth super glue and I didn't want to take any risks with fogging. I only used the tiniest amount of the stuff too.

RA parts won't be out for friggin ages by the looks of it.. So im still not sure about buying a 3rd or not just yet. Im sure these things will be available one way or another in the future.. If not then its no big deal.

Edited by spanner76

My two arrived not more than 30 minutes ago. Both in pretty good shape! One did have the cockpit control panel rattling around inside the cockpit which I re-attached with a teeny touch of glue. Good thing it wasn't lost.

The other does have a rattling noise coming from its lower left leg section but everything seems to be secure and functioning properly. Probably a small left over from production perhaps? Also had a very small scratch on the black of the canopy frame which I easily touched up.

Other than that they are sweet! Love the paint scheme and the off white really sets it off! Definitely the prettiest Macross Zero Valkyrie to date! Thinking I might buy a 3rd..

attachicon.gif20151229_165317.jpgattachicon.gif20151229_171253.jpg

attachicon.gif20151229_171325.jpgattachicon.gif20151229_171948.jpg

I'll be that voice of Evil Temptation...... Get a 3rd!!! :lol:

I think early in Jan. I can swing the $$$ and get one as well.

20151229_184153.jpg

Bitch'n!

oooh....menacing!

Since this one's just been released and rendered the Yamato offerings obsolete, what are people's opinions on getting a Yamato release for cheapo preassembled model kit purposes?

Your best bet with a Yamato VF-0 if you can get one cheap is keep in fighter mode. The VF-0A is a ticking time bomb with the Shoulders/arms breaking & cracking. The VF-0S often tends to be very floppy in Battroid or Gerwalk. Find a Yamato Ghost really cheap and you'll have an awesome Fighter display.

As I have both the VF-0D and VF-0A from Arcadia, they're the only way to go for Gerwalk & Battroid display!

I got both of mine yesterday but I did not get a chance to open one yet. It looks like one of the clam shells was already opened one, I wonder if they did a recheck of the QC on that unit or maybe they forgot to pack something in then added it later.

Finally! Dont think ill get a chance to open it until new years eve.

4AE76D1E-0BF7-4D34-84A6-9A5A29564DE2.jpg

Congrats anubis!!! Glad they made it just in time!!

@funkymonkey: I like your thought process! I really want some SV-51's but the QC issues are not worth to me. I'll just be patient.

Really liking the VF-0S. Nice and tight (especially in the hips) though I need to put it through more posing.

Great photo wmkjr! B))

Finally! Dont think ill get a chance to open it until new years eve.

Nice! :) Hope you find the time to open and enjoy them!

Now we just need Arcadia to release the SV-51s. :-)

yeah but not a straight re-issue.. needs to be a renewal. Those things are floppy jalopy's right out of the box..

Edited by spanner76

Great photo wmkjr! B))

Nice! :) Hope you find the time to open and enjoy them!

yeah but not a straight re-issue.. needs to be a renewal. Those things are floppy jalopy's right out of the box..

Of course they would have to be redesigned. But, given Arcadia's track record so far, I am confident they would do a good job of it.

Of course they would have to be redesigned. But, given Arcadia's track record so far, I am confident they would do a good job of it.

Yeah im sure if they took it on to renew them they would do a good job. They have plenty to learn from their efforts to now. Especially the few flaws with the Zero's.

How do you get the arm (swivel hinges) around the legs for gerwalk and battroid mode? I'm afraid to break the toy if I lift too hard hard to clear the bump..

you just pull them down away from the upper fuselage. The swing bars bend slightly allowing them to move. Its pretty easy. Don't be too afraid to use a wee bit of force.

I got both of mine yesterday but I did not get a chance to open one yet. It looks like one of the clam shells was already opened one, I wonder if they did a recheck of the QC on that unit or maybe they forgot to pack something in then added it later.

Obviously the customs guy opened it up and swooshed it around a bit before putting it back. :D

The compatibility of ghost is not good. Only main body can be installed on the bird but all of armaments is very loose for hardpoints either on the back or under the wings. I guess arcadia wont miss such a good chance of making money which was created on purpose by them. Maybe they can fix the old mold a little and reissue ghost pack shortly.