Hi-Metal R

joppewo

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

As for the purple hued Tomahawk, are Bandai basing it on the old Conversion Kit box artwork?

10843704_703834463057285_1422023231_n.jp

The illustration of the Tomahawk on the Takatoku Conversion Kit is the same one I posted here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/41926-hi-metal-r/?do=findComment&comment=1343785

;)

It's by Yoshiyuki Takani...as most Takatoku boxart is....

gallery_12176_640_66054.jpg

28 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

The illustration of the Tomahawk on the Takatoku Conversion Kit is the same one I posted here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/41926-hi-metal-r/?do=findComment&comment=1343785

;)

Well, atleast Bandai really knows how to pay homage. ^_^

10 hours ago, Mommar said:

It comes from the land of awesome!

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Based on Macross Mecha Manual site, the blue type Spartan was seen on Episode 15 of SDFM.

True.

Oh, the infamous Alaska Base shot from "Chinatown"?

SD.jpg.3d2ce907863108f9e2a75dd74680fe36.jpg

That was just a telecine error.

The HD masters are much higher quality:

HD.thumb.jpg.d9a6f7b3f7de3b02d8303940df56f954.jpg

The Spartan was clearly meant to be green to begin with.

[ . . . ]

Come to think of it, those old transfers may be responsible for the messed-up Tomahawk coloring as well...  :huh:

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

;)

gallery_12176_640_66054.jpg

This looks similar but in the tan beige brown colors.   It's from 1/200 scale models. 

20170602_180613.jpg

Here are the unpainted models.  Hmr is such a big improvement over these.   Ha ha

The kaiyodo Tomahawk is pretty nice weathered for its size just a smidge bigger. Have to dig it out. 

The yamato is probably the best.

20170602_181215.jpg

Edited by beatsing

What is going on with the USPS?

I ordered SAL registered. 

This is first time when something I ordered cleared customs and arrive at my local post office the next day.  It usually takes an extra 3 to 5 days.  My Spartan is coming tomorrow. 

9 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Haha, this is great!  I'm loving the dual wield pics.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, arbit said:

Totally agree. Respect! Rebuild! Revival! Reboot!

Yeah I have more fun with HMR than Transformers and 1/60 and DX Macross combined.

Just bought my 6th Armored VF-1J!

Edited by sh9000

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks!

Yeah I have more fun with HMR than Transformers and 1/60 and DX Macross combined.

Just bought my 6th Armored VF-1J!

Your sixth?!?  As much fun as the basic battroid is to pose the armor parts remove all of that.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, the armored is my favorite of the Valks at this point. 

It's definitely the one I most regret having missed out on. Given how much it's are going for now, I am hoping Bandai eventually releases the dark-colored armored VF-1A they teased a few months ago.

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

It's definitely the one I most regret having missed out on. Given how much it's are going for now, I am hoping Bandai eventually releases the dark-colored armored VF-1A they teased a few months ago.

That would be great if they release others or just reissue. I missed it initially and thought I was fine with not owning one. It kept bugging me so I kept my eyes open for a deal. Finally got one for a decent price and really glad because it's so good. I'd say anything under $200 is worth it. 

14 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

That would be great if they release others or just reissue. I missed it initially and thought I was fine with not owning one. It kept bugging me so I kept my eyes open for a deal. Finally got one for a decent price and really glad because it's so good. I'd say anything under $200 is worth it. 

You should be able to snag a new one for around 185-190 usd. An opened one for around 165-170. 

Probably less if you're very patient. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

I'm measuring the Spartan at 13.5CM (to the top of the shoulder). That makes him 1/84 scale. Anyone come up with a smaller measurement or does that sound about right?

(Comparatively, the HMR VF-1 is 1/89 scale)

Edited by jenius

8 hours ago, Zx31 said:

A reissue would be nice but I'm okay without the armor for now

Same here, cant bring myself to pay the price (or more) of a Milia 1/60 reissue for a HMR. Im gonna wait on a reissue of the GBP and Hikaru 1S. If they dont reissue them oh well ^_^

It's great that I was positive about HMR and started collecting this line right when it started in 2015 and prices were low.  Add to that the cost of cheap shipping making future orders of figures significantly discounted or free.  I also prioritized Macross collecting to be first and Transformers and 3rd party Transformers CHUG to be last.  Now I have one of the largest, if not largest collection of HMR.  :good:

6 hours ago, jenius said:

I'm measuring the Spartan at 13.5CM (to the top of the shoulder). That makes him 1/84 scale. Anyone come up with a smaller measurement or does that sound about right?

I came to a similar conclusion.  The Spartan's just a little too big...

5933ff019293e_big_spartan.thumb.jpg.e3519d6b23645c749d3209f554cc0ade.jpg

...and yet, others have somehow managed to manipulate his thigh and ankle joints to make him appear shorter...

Got mine yesterday.   I'm late to the party but this Spartan is rad.  At least that's after my 10 minute experience with it.  Lot's of metal in nearly every joint.  I didn't know you could bend the waist joint to make it taller.  Can't wait to get the other 3 Destroids.