Hi-Metal R

joppewo

25 minutes ago, tekering said:

Oh my gerd, there's a Robotech toy in there!  :unsure:

Appropriated back into Macross.

5 minutes ago, aw237 said:

Where is the VF-1A max from?

i thought they only made the super-J max in hi-metal r?

It's a custom HMR that I made.

On Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 10:53 AM, sh9000 said:

Group pics will have to come next time when I get the chance.  In the meantime, here's my HMR display of the day.  Fall of the Zentradi.

large.IMG_3933.JPG.1bd5c475454ca3f422382

Nice pic.   Add some Legos between the legs of the results as bricks on the floor ha ha

27 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

I've been wondering... Could it be that the reason why HMRs releases are so apart from one another is to give Tenjin enough time to make those awesome illustrations? 

Hahaha! :lol: C'mon, you think Bandai would do such a thing like giving someone an 'importance' just because he's doing packaging art? For sure, they follow a schedule for releasing products. What do you expect, every month there will be new HMR releases? You're not even thinking about other factors such as design stages, quality controls, etc. ^_^

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

The Tenjin box art and Defender toy are looking great.

If Bandai ever decided to reissue the 1/55's again, I would love some beautiful Tenjin artwork on the boxes.

Well....we kind of already got to see how it would have looked for the Hi-Metal Strike Hikaru.....now we just need his boxart for the Elint and SuperO!....Oh, and the VF-1A Hikaru!

On 6/18/2017 at 4:54 PM, beatsing said:

Nice pic Saburo 

Just picked up my Spartan too. To the experts out there, what are those two on his back noggin'? Antenna or phase ray projectors?"

22 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

A screw fell out of my Spartan the day after handling it.  I have no idea where the screw came from on it.

Only screwed point I can see are those behind his thighs and his inner ankle/heel.

On 6/18/2017 at 2:07 PM, Saburo said:

I am back from my vacation and had some time to shoot the Spartan, here's a pic I will process the rest of the pics later.

35245723471_5c0aa53683_h.jpg

I need a favor. Could you please  post a shot of his bottom point? the part underneath his crotch? My version seems to have a QC issue where it is deformed on the right side of the peg hole.

On 6/18/2017 at 1:54 AM, beatsing said:

Nice pic Saburo 

Thank you beatsing!

2 hours ago, fenrir72 said:

Just picked up my Spartan too. To the experts out there, what are those two on his back noggin'? Antenna or phase ray projectors?"

They are anti-aircraft laser guns.

2 hours ago, fenrir72 said:

I need a favor. Could you please  post a shot of his bottom point? the part underneath his crotch? My version seems to have a QC issue where it is deformed on the right side of the peg hole.

Sure, I can take a quick shot for you.

55 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Here are the rest of the pics of the Spartan.

35375865916_18da2e02f2_h.jpg

35375864956_9f0ef32f1d_h.jpg

35375861016_1b673cf122_h.jpg

35375858886_1130bf6d8c_h.jpg

35375856446_25a9e63754_h.jpg

35375853896_89902c66c1_h.jpg

35375863266_fa9af506bb_h.jpg

35375851126_8edc380d62_h.jpg

@fenrir72

Here's the shot you requested.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.981722abc6afc4ab4727e8754af5d224.jpg

Thanks for the reply and the pic Saburo! In my Spartan, that part is like chipped/carved off. Mega bummer!  I wonder if I need to have it replaced or what? :(

Edited by fenrir72

5 minutes ago, fenrir72 said:

Thanks for the reply and the pic Saburo! In my Spartan, that part is like chipped/carved off. Mega bummer!  I wonder if I need to have it replaced or what? :(

Interesting. Mine seems to have some ugly mold flashing on the side like Sabuto's but I don't think it's affecting the functionality of the peg hole. Yours is completely warped so it is unusable? Either way it seems like a common "defect" in that area. 

1 hour ago, fenrir72 said:

Sounds like a bit more of the vent/sprue was cut off during manufacturing. 

58 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Interesting. Mine seems to have some ugly mold flashing on the side like Sabuto's but I don't think it's affecting the functionality of the peg hole. Yours is completely warped so it is unusable? Either way it seems like a common "defect" in that area. 

As Slave IV said, its a common "defect" its good that is not in a visible spot, I have "chipped/carved" plastic on more visible spots on some of my toys.  :(

1 minute ago, Saburo said:

Sounds like a bit more of the vent/sprue was cut off during manufacturing. 

As Slave IV said, its a common "defect" its good that is not in a visible spot, I have "chipped/carved" plastic on more visible spots on some of my toys.  :(

Yeah, it was one of the first things I noticed since my HMRs are mostly pristine but didn't worry about it since it is unnoticeable unless you are inspecting the crotch closely. I like mechs, but not that much or in that way. :p

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

The circle part for the peg is okay. It's the part that's, well carved off.

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, it was one of the first things I noticed since my HMRs are mostly pristine but didn't worry about it since it is unnoticeable unless you are inspecting the crotch closely. I like mechs, but not that much or in that way. :p

If it's Sheryl or Minmei's, I'll give it an even more closer inspection! :lol:

1 minute ago, fenrir72 said:

The circle part for the peg is okay. It's the part that's, well carved off.

So it seems across the board so far that they messed that area up. You got it the worst so far. Again, seems like an insignificant area to worry about.