Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

1iDqL2j.jpg

I can instantly see the problem. Your legs are in the wrong position and are too far down, causing the shoulder to not fit into place. This can be seen by how the wing is being bent to fit into the leg and how the tail fin is falling below the wing.

This is the correct position:

DSC_0256_zpskrtxpgvy.jpg

See how the bottom of the wing isn't warped? Also take note of the tail fin position.

The solution is to:

- Click the knee joint down one notch.

- Make sure that the leg is pegged into the correct hole in the torso (bottom one).

- Make sure that the leg is collapsed in all the way.

Edited by Actar

Thanks man. I'll give it a try. So looking at some of the box shots of the toy it seems to be transformed wrong? Those legs are sitting much higher and someone the upper tabs of the wings are tabbed into the leg armour.

Yes. The photo is edited to hide the fact that the top of the wing doesn't tab into the FAST pack.

Thanks man. I'll give it a try. So looking at some of the box shots of the toy it seems to be transformed wrong? Those legs are sitting much higher and someone the upper tabs of the wings are tabbed into the leg armour.

Yeah, actually we duscussed that 'find the tab' photo a few pages ago. It's weird that Bandai hides it where in fact in actuality it's super exposed.

Is this the first time Bandai did this since they made the Renewal line? I can't remember seeing exposed tabs on their Valkyries when all the Packs are equipped. Guess, Bandai thinks too much on other areas and forgets the other areas. Like how they overengineer simple things only to overlook small details. :unsure:

Anyways, good luck Roanstalker. ;)

Guest davidwhangchoi

my cdjapan 19 came in. didn't include factory tissue paper or foam wrapping paper like the one's i got direct from my contact. instead just traditional bubble wrap :p

i still have one left in hlj, that one will prob be sealed in plastic with tissue paper but no foam wrapping paper :lol:

my cdjapan 19 came in. didn't include factory tissue paper or foam wrapping paper like the one's i got direct from my contact. instead just traditional bubble wrap :p

i still have one left in hlj, that one will prob be sealed in plastic with tissue paper but no foam wrapping paper :lol:

The one I got from HLJ had nothing...... I haven't seen tissue paper wrapping from HLJ in a long time.... well maybe on figmas.

That's why I hate HLJs shipping meathods. They just throw the item in the box with a few air bubbles. Every other company nicely bubble wraps the item with padding.

Yeah, actually we duscussed that 'find the tab' photo a few pages ago. It's weird that Bandai hides it where in fact in actuality it's super exposed.

Is this the first time Bandai did this since they made the Renewal line? I can't remember seeing exposed tabs on their Valkyries when all the Packs are equipped. Guess, Bandai thinks too much on other areas and forgets the other areas. Like how they overengineer simple things only to overlook small details. :unsure:

I'm just going to put this out there, if Arcadia had put out a pic of a valk that showed such a large physical difference between something as significant as the entire wing root being a single piece when in reality it was a gappy mess they would have hell to pay. I feel like Bandai is being let off the hook when it's actually a massive issue as it doesn't look right, isn't accurate and was falsely advertised.

I'd say thats blatant false advertising. Surprising that Arcadia's YF-19 doesnt have this problem. Wth Bandai?

And thanks guys for the help. Got it to be somewhat better (still a little gap). He's pone finicky toy. Much moreso than any other Bandai Valk toy I've got.

I'm just going to put this out there, if Arcadia had put out a pic of a valk that showed such a large physical difference between something as significant as the entire wing root being a single piece when in reality it was a gappy mess they would have hell to pay. I feel like Bandai is being let off the hook when it's actually a massive issue as it doesn't look right, isn't accurate and was falsely advertised.

They seem to try to show as little of the Advance Pack in Fighter mode as possible so you cant see the problem. Even in their promo video they only show Battroid mode with the Advance Pack. Advanced Fighter only used stock photos.

Edited by Roanstalker

I'd say thats blatant false advertising. Surprising that Arcadia's YF-19 doesnt have this problem. Wth Bandai?

And thanks guys for the help. Got it to be somewhat better (still a little gap). He's pone finicky toy. Much moreso than any other Bandai Valk toy I've got.

They seem to try to show as little of the Advance Pack in Fighter mode as possible so you cant see the problem. Even in their promo video they only show Battroid mode with the Advance Pack. Advanced Fighter only used stock photos.

That's why I'm always happy and satisfied how Arcadia gearing towards the fan base by showing us a few glimpse here and there of what they're doing. And Mr.K always or most of the time answers fan's inquiring tweets. And that's a great relationship among the fan base. Even though they're not 100% perfect on their productions atleast you get to see first before it gets produced. Bandai on the other hand since they're bigger company than Arcadia, they would just create and produce something what they want to sell, period. No plans on keeping in touch with the fan base.

Good thing they don't advice people to use tacky tacks on they YF-30 even though it's visible on their photos. :lol:

Jenius, Can't wait for your review of the toy.

Actar, you should post a transformation video if you have the time and resources.

Edited by Golden Arms

Just a couple of observations about the gappy nature of how this thing seems to arrive, straight from the box.

Some pics as well.

Note the foot sitting outside the bottom of the leg, on one side:

post-10360-0-89473300-1436328203_thumb.jpg

And some of the gaps:

post-10360-0-22943400-1436327928_thumb.jpg

The wing would not click in all the way because the missile door was not clicked all the way in. I figured this out a bit after I took this pic, so that wing is now as flush as the other one to the body/leg.

Is this normal? Note the crooked arms:

post-10360-0-93997500-1436328439_thumb.jpg

OK, so the post on the wing root was not pushed in all the way on one side, and it was a royal pain to get it fully pushed down. It didn't really seem to make much difference though. Then I noticed the guns underneath.

Here's how they look, right out of the box:

post-10360-0-95470400-1436327854_thumb.jpg

And a better look with the cover partially flipped up (Be careful not to try to bend it all the way out, as it will foul on the sharp tip against the inside of the fuselage):

post-10360-0-87920200-1436327646_thumb.jpg

Seem a bit out of place? I thought so.

Here they are a bit more straightened out:

post-10360-0-49185500-1436328697_thumb.jpg

I'm still struggling with gaps around the upper intakes though - anyone got any tips here?

post-10360-0-10027100-1436328832_thumb.jpg

Save yourself several hours of frustration and just smash it against a wall and call it a day.

I kid... I kid...

But seriously... I've probably wasted 2 hours of an incredibly busy life dealing with the gappiness in that last picture and I've come to the conclusion that if the gappiness is even all the way across then you should just accept it as 'good enough' and not fiddle with it any more. My hope is that after a few transformations things will fit a little better as things loosen up a hair.

Mine just arrived! Like plenty of others, gappy, mistransformed mess out of the box. This will take some effort to close up.

But initial impressions: she's huge and feels very nice to hold!

yeah it takes a little handling and massaging to start to really appreciate her! I gotta say I don't usually "play" with my Valks but my hands have an unusual attraction to this bird and im finding myself taking her out of the cabinet for a mess about! Today I managed to transform her back from battroid to fighter and back again and I have to say I really enjoyed the whole process! Surprisingly fairly straight forward too! Corrected a few little transformation mistakes I had made along the way too! B))

this is as tight as I can get the gaps on mine and this is the better of the two that I have of which stays in fighter mode.

20150708_144319.jpg

That's pretty good and I'd be happy with that. My issue is still being able to see the tabs at the pointy end of the front of those parts. I can't see yours because the canards are in the way but I'd say it's a lot better than mine.

Okay, if you can see the tabs up around the hips then you probably have a geometry issue with the hips themselves. I would guess you need to grab the toy by the hips and try to rotate the bottom of the hips outward toward the wing tips. Obviously you're making a minor adjustment here.

JVMacross, I think you've nailed the 'extra' that would have been a million times cooler than the pinpoint barrier punch.

That's pretty good and I'd be happy with that. My issue is still being able to see the tabs at the pointy end of the front of those parts. I can't see yours because the canards are in the way but I'd say it's a lot better than mine.

If you're having problems with the edge poking out and the tab not going all the way in, the hip joint is probably not squeezed in all the way. If you look on the under side, you can probably see a difference in distance. I resolved that by putting my thumb and index finger on the outer sides of the primary intakes and squeezing them together.

Anyone having any issues with tampo rubbing off? Just curious...

Actually yeah... I casually rubbed a finger across some of the black on the wingroots, and it just flaked off... will probably have to touch up the paint on it soon.

That sounds bad... You guys think perhaps it'd be wise to maybe top coat part of the Valk before playing with it? Specifically the black parts?

I've almost finished the weathering on my (just a little bit of dry brushing in some areas) and I'll be applying some Mr Topcoat flat, but weather is Melbourne is too cold right now. I was planning on doing it over the weekend, but forecast is rain rain and more rain....

I haven't had any tampo/paint rubbing/flaking off yet, and I handled it a lot while panel lining and weather it.

I've almost finished the weathering on my (just a little bit of dry brushing in some areas) and I'll be applying some Mr Topcoat flat, but weather is Melbourne is too cold right now. I was planning on doing it over the weekend, but forecast is rain rain and more rain....

I haven't had any tampo/paint rubbing/flaking off yet, and I handled it a lot while panel lining and weather it.

hmmm! looking forward to seeing your finished work! be sure to post up some photos for us!

There's a set of YouTube videos on the 3 modes , He did like 1 a day so the next one will probably be armoring it up.

F

G

B

It's in Japanese but is easy to follow .

Edited by F360