Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

finally got some time to play around with my 19, I agree with almost everything said here but I don't find the transformation that daunting, I guess since it shares a lot with the Arcadia I found it much easier than the YF-29 and YF-30.

I really like were Bandai is going, they still have some room to improve tough, those landing gears, was it so hard to paint them white? and they tampoed the whole plane but ignored the cockpit. I also found funny how they somehow implement a lot of gimmicks we were expecting on the Arcadia YF-19, its like they read our forums and took ideas from us to get the edge on certain gimmicks over the Arcadia.

then maybe the next DX vf with new mold will get a white painting landing gear,but before that i can only push it back into hatch and put it on display stand

Woo, Bandai has the ability to change the variable fighter which is designed in last century into DX Chogokin style. The VF-19ADV looks like YF-29 more than YF-19, especially mounting on adv pack. Here's my pics, enjoy it!

*snip*

Awesome pictures and great comparison!

*snip*

I'm going to be very honest. For this toy in particular, I wasn't all too careful with it. I pose it roughly, I transform it over and over and actually play around with it. It has held up spectacularly with regard to the paint. I suspect it's because of the matte finish. If anything, the only areas that I've had any scratches and markings are the beige metal bar on the back and the wings when putting on the FAST pack boosters.

Wow, that's great to hear! Makes me much more comfortable about handling this valk. Thanks for the info and the sweet gerwalk photo. :D

I don't know if I'm the last person to notice this but BE WARNED!!! The 4 small bits for the shoulder armor are SPECIFIC to the left and right shoulders. For the small triangle pieces, there is a small R and L molded into the underside and the make sure the curvature of the rectangular piece lines up with the shoulder armor (it's not symmetrical)!

This is imperative to get them lining up perfectly in fighter mode!

IMG_6822_zps2ztpx3ue.jpg

Edited by Actar

Many Japanese people do read our forums.

Many Japanese people do read our forums.

really?

HELLO JAPANESE FRIENDS, KEEP DOING AWESOME MACROSS VALKYRIES

Edited by Mr Bomber

I don't know if I'm the last person to notice this but BE WARNED!!! The 4 small bits for the shoulder armor are SPECIFIC to the left and right shoulders. For the small triangle pieces, there is a small R and L molded into the underside and the make sure the curvature of the rectangular piece lines up with the shoulder armor (it's not symmetrical)!

Nope, that would be me. No wonder the 'serrated' edges weren't lining up on my shoulder parts. Thanks Actar Edited by whitestar

IMG_6822_zps2ztpx3ue.jpg

I still can't get my toy lined up this well on top. I think I must have some sort of manufacturing SNAFU somewhere because the left side always looks like something is pushing the leg away from the body. This is why I can massage it to get it CLOSE to looking like this but after some handling it looks gappy again. Some peg must be a little too big or something.

Does this only happen with the fast packs on? Could it be the tiny leg armor pieces? Those are side specific too and have grooves that fit the arms.

Perhaps some pictures would help illustrate the issue better.

Edited by Actar

While I do know of the adage, "the customer is always right", I wonder if that's actually true and if customers feel a sense of entitlement and abuse the system. Of course, it varies from case to case, but I really wonder if AmiAmi's lack of follow-up service is actually bad customer service or if we're just getting used to the super customer service of HLJ (which I feel sets a very high standard).

For example, I've never heard of price-matching before for an online store, so that's a completely new one for me. It's always been a matter of "our store sells it at X price", buy it or not, especially with the fluctuating demand and supply of hobby items and Walmart's a pretty different beast entirely. I wonder if it's bad form to ask a store to lower their prices. Heck, my local anime shop sells the rarer stuff for much higher prices than their MSRP and no one bats an eyelid. They just turn elsewhere. It's a free market after all.

Are stores obligated to provide follow-up service? I know that HLJ does offer returns, spare parts and replacements, but is that something that every store provides? As a collector and customer of all of these stores and having experienced the customer service of all of them, I have to admit HLJ's impeccable. But I think it's unfair to demand the same thing from different stores that have different policies and rules.

I've been a loyal customer of AmiAmi for years (like 5-6 years) and have been purchasing from them regularly every month. I'll admit that their customer service is non-existent and buy from there mostly because of their consistent lower prices. Even if I encounter a problem, I personally am okay and prepared to deal with things myself. Either fixing it myself, selling it and getting another or just make do with it if it's not that bad. It's true that the lack of cancellations is pretty shitty, but it's also true that I placed the pre-order. But that should be more of a critique of this culture of pre-ordering than anything else.

But of course, that's just my philosophy and approach to things and yours may be different. (^.^)

Hey Actar. I completely agree with you and I've actually mentioned a similar thing in a previous post. These are Japanese retailers and their policies do not necessarily follow those of the US. So I don't think it's fair to say they have bad customer service when comparing them to HLJ since these stores most likely adhere to all the requirements in Japanese law. HLJ probably goes the extra mile when appealing to US-based customers because it appears to be owned by Americans, and they are familiar with the consumer rights in the US.

About Amiami's pricing. They add the local sales tax (currently 8%, to be raised to 10% in Oct) on top of their pricing.

They shouldn't do it actually and other Japanese export stores don't (e.g. HLJ, Hobby Search etc.), since the toys are for export.

I'm not too informed on these things, but are these toys really for export? I think they're mostly labeled with "Not for sale outside of Japan" on their packaging.

Okay that sucks. Well I am going to Japan in August to miss the 10% tax.

Most Japanese stores don't use their tax added price for international customers, but Amiami did raise it up recently for their base price since they know that their customer base would hardly change.

Some auction items also have tax added.

Hey Actar. I completely agree with you and I've actually mentioned a similar thing in a previous post. These are Japanese retailers and their policies do not necessarily follow those of the US. So I don't think it's fair to say they have bad customer service when comparing them to HLJ since these stores most likely adhere to all the requirements in Japanese law. HLJ probably goes the extra mile when appealing to US-based customers because it appears to be owned by Americans, and they are familiar with the consumer rights in the US.

I'm not too informed on these things, but are these toys really for export? I think they're mostly labeled with "Not for sale outside of Japan" on their packaging.

The 8% tax is the local consumption tax. If the toy is shipped overseas to a foreign customer, the local tax is not charged. Check all the other major online Japanese stores, they don't add the local sales tax onto their pricing.

Foreign buyers would however, pay the tax when they buy online exclusive stuff like TWE through proxies.

Also, I don't believe the packaging has a clause like that.

The 8% tax is the local consumption tax. If the toy is shipped overseas to a foreign customer, the local tax is not charged. Check all the other major online Japanese stores, they don't add the local sales tax onto their pricing.

Foreign buyers would however, pay the tax when they buy online exclusive stuff like TWE through proxies.

Also, I don't believe the packaging has a clause like that.

Hmm, I could've sworn I've seen that clause in some of the anime/mecha-related Japanese products I've bought before. Maybe my memory could be off, but I recall seeing it on a sticker on the package.

Just the way I see it, if one store sets the standard for customer service and pricing, then it's the job of other stores to strive to meet that as well. That's how free markets work. The best rise above and the companies that can't adept (and copy them basically) will lose out in the long run. I do think it's absolute crap that AmiAmi is adding an 8% sales tax for foreign buyers b/c they are just pocketing extra cash unfairly. And it is exactly 8% over the MSRP at their store. So somebody was dead on about that.

Thanks for the tips all, I transformed mine F-G-B once tonight over the course of about an hour, then applied the FAST packs minus the Frontier wing rockets. My thumbs hurt now, but it wasn't as agonizing as the 171EX at least. The 19Adv so far seems surprisingly robust for all the hinges and small moving parts, and though I think my 19Kai still edges it out for pleasantness of transformation it makes for one hell of a display piece when posed.

It was very helpful to loosen those 2 upper leg screws, to pivot the legs around when raising the hip line. Even with half a turn or so of loosening, those things are still quite tight.

I'll try the return to F mode in a couple days, thankfully the instructions cover it. The vids and photos from y'all on how to address the super parts will also be a lifesaver.

I haven't heard talk of the color comparison between the two companies. I never had a problem with arcadia's yf color but not seeing beside the bandai i'm thinking it's a little too light tan? I dunno, its hard to say. What do you guys think?

Well this might be like airline fees where eventually all of them will charge an 8% tax. Who knows, vote with your $.

This. Voting with your wallets is always the best option. These are luxury items anyway. No one NEEDS valkyrie toys. :p

That being said, Amiami generally has the lowest prices, even with the consumption tax tacked on. Though I don't order much from them these days now that HLJ has private warehouse and fairly cheap shipping prices.

Oh, and also because of their Draconian cancellation policy.

IMG_6822_zps2ztpx3ue.jpg

What a useful notice! I think i need to review my installing,thanks a lot

So... After transforming it for the hundredth time, a little plastic tab fell off it. The thing is, I have absolutely no idea where it's from or what it does because the toy functions 100% perfectly. Does anyone have any clue as to what this is?

IMG_6825_zps8hjmoxif.jpg

Edited by Actar

So... After transforming it for the hundredth time, a little plastic tab fell off it. The thing is, I have absolutely no idea where it's from or what it does because the toy functions 100% perfectly. Does anyone have any clue as to what this is?

IMG_6825_zps8hjmoxif.jpg

I don't have mine right in front of me to look at right now, but based on its color I would look at interior places. Namely inside the chest and torso.

One must always read the FAQ about overseas shipping and return policies before ordering on each site.

And one must always accepts the Terms and Policies before ordering online. ;)

I haven't heard talk of the color comparison between the two companies. I never had a problem with arcadia's yf color but not seeing beside the bandai i'm thinking it's a little too light tan? I dunno, its hard to say. What do you guys think?

Arcadia's tan color is lighter than Bandai's. It's more desaturated. Bandai's have this kind of brighter anime color vibe than Arcadia's realistic color vibe. I posted some comparison pics a few pages ago and pics from abdner as well. Personally, I prefer Arcadia's.

*snip*

Great pics! ;)

Im having a hard time getting his shoulder armor to fit right in fighter mode with fast packs on. Theres always a gap where you can see the tabs. Its fine without the fast packs though...

Did you check Actar's post a few pages ago regarding the shoulder fast packs in fighter mode? Hope that helps.

*snip*

Good to know that it's still function 100%. The only way to figure out where's that part comes from is to transform the valk half-Gerwalk and half-Battroid so that all the parts and innards are exposed and you can see where it comes from. Update us if you found out where.

A few pics of my VF-19 Advance

*snip*

Nice. :)

I don't have mine right in front of me to look at right now, but based on its color I would look at interior places. Namely inside the chest and torso.

The fact that it's painted grey as opposed to being molded in grey makes me suspect somewhere in the legs...

Did you check Actar's post a few pages ago regarding the shoulder fast packs in fighter mode?

Nice. :)

I did But it doesnt help my current situation (i appreciate his helpful advice anyhow). Im having trouble closing the gap without the advance pack exclusive bits. Just putting on the stuff it has in the m+ ova/film.

Im having a hard time getting his shoulder armor to fit right in fighter mode with fast packs on. Theres always a gap where you can see the tabs. Its fine without the fast packs though...

I did But it doesnt help my current situation (i appreciate his helpful advice anyhow). Im having trouble closing the gap without the advance pack exclusive bits. Just putting on the stuff it has in the m+ ova/film.

Ok. Now I'm kinda confused. First post you have it says there's always a gap in where you can see the tabs and it's fine without the fast packs. Meaning, there's no gaps when the Fast Pack is not attached, correct? Now based on the second reply you have, it says, you're having trouble closing the gap without the Advanced Pack bits. Meaning, there's a gap without the Packs? Are you referring to the same Fast Packs on this reply?

I'm just taking a wild guess here. Since based on the first post you have that you can see the tabs from the shoulder armor fast packs, I'm assuming that it's not connecting properly the tabs to the lower back of the legs, correct? Because you mentioned that it's fine without the Fast Packs. Is your thigh joint bent down so that the inner leg tabs can be attached on the lower slot on the back area when the leg Fast Pack is attached? Make sure that it's bent. If not, would it be possible for you to post side shot photos of that area with or without the Fast Packs? So we can see the problem. Thanks. :)

Ah sorry i mean ive got the original fast pack bits on. Not the stuff exclusive to the frontier movie.

The shoulder armor that connects to the triangular shoulder joint is not gappy in normal fighter mode but add in the leg armour and outer shoulder parts and i cant get that gap to close.

Edited by Roanstalker

Ah sorry i mean ive got the original fast pack bits on. Not the stuff exclusive to the frontier movie.

The shoulder armor that connects to the triangular shoulder joint is not gappy in normal fighter mode but add in the leg armour and outer shoulder parts and i cant get that gap to close.

Did you tried what Actar did on his Valk based on his post below?

IMG_6822_zps2ztpx3ue.jpg

Heres what I'm talking about. Those chest guns and the beige panels connected to them are in the right places. the wing tab that connects to the leg armor doesnt really like staying in on one side. I've pushed the shoulders and they just WONT MOVE. :(

BSHTOco.jpg

1iDqL2j.jpg

Edit: Made the images smaller.

Edited by Roanstalker

^^ Push down on the area where the wing joint connects to the hip/air intake. See pic attached. That should eliminate some of the gaps you're experiencing. I'll let Actar answer the shoulder area. What I do with mine is push the shoulder piece in to eliminate the gap you identified, after all the pieces are in the correct alignment. The tough thing about this toy is knowing when the pieces are properly aligned :wacko:post-7029-0-88659800-1436223747_thumb.jpg

I got my second one in from CDJapan just today. USPS has been dropping the ball around my way lately. They lost a domestic package from TFSource claiming it was delivered and only to show up two weeks later. This package from CDJapan was crushed. I guess next time I should go with EMS (it comes in with a different USPS carrier who is more careful with packages).

The first one I obtained was from HLJ and was shipped via EMS (got it a little over a week ago). I pulled it out to inspect it quickly and partially transformed it to realign the chest barrels. The foot on the HLJ one was a slightly scraped along the edge of the foot to the point where the plastic slightly fuzzed up.

The forearm on the CDJapan one was slightly dinged on an edge near the hand ports.

Meh. The usual deal with Bandai is that they have their horrible quality control issues. Both of mine have the rear landing bay doors near their gated parts trimmed down way too much. In a way I guess that was the fault of the engineer who decided to put the gate in a recessed area of a part (causing the factory assembly workers to work harder) -_-.

So 2 out of 2 have cosmetic issues right out of the box.

I was thinking of swapping the foot from the CD Japan to HLJ's, lol.

The good thing is that Bandai's VF-19 look nice... a different take on the 19 compared to Arcadia's YF-19. So far from the light handling I've had with the Bandai, I agree with everyone else on here that one is not better than the other.

***EDIT***

Alright after handling Bandai's a bit more... the Bandai VF-19 does have some better points over the Arcadia YF-19. Bandai's has a number of features that Arcadia's did not. The retractable sensors on the fuselage of the fighter is a nice touch. Not to mention all the other retractable/springy parts.

Two different takes on a similar model. Both very nice!

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX