Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

I have made a video detailing how I install the fast pack (evidently called the Advance Pack) with everything I have discovered when playing with the toy: what to look out for and how to get everything aligned.

Please do let me know if it helps!

You make that look so easy.

I have made a video detailing how I install the fast pack (evidently called the Advance Pack) with everything I have discovered when playing with the toy: what to look out for and how to get everything aligned.

Nice guide Actar....thank you.

Concerning the curvature of the nose, and how it differs... the only real difference is that Bandai essentially reversed the curvature of the flap that folds into the underside of the chest for battroid. It just bulges downward slightly.

It's not that stark, and there is a fair amount of lineart that agrees with it, but I personally think it's just ugly and unfitting to shape the nose that way. There is no structural or transformation related reason for it, and I think it breaks up the smooth curvature of the nose, making it look un-aerodynamic.

It's really no biggie, it's just one of those typical headscratcher design decisions Bandai seems to love. I mean, if you've got inconsistent lineart to work with, why would you choose the ugliest example to follow? :huh:

Edited by Chronocidal

Here is the second part of my review. Hopefully this is a good demonstration of how the FAST packs attach.

Great Part 2 review, Veef! ;)

Thanks for that Actar. I didn't know that even the leg pack has their designated L & R thingy because of the side cut-away. Also, you did however made the shoulder flap parallel and not bent down a little based on the instruction manual. Is that more helpful to line everything else? Thanks! :)

I also think the vf 19e would be the next repaint

Aisha! Aisha! Aisha! Aisha-iteru! ;)

Well, if that happens, lucky for Aisha. She got her own DX valk toy. And not like the other famous female character who pilots a certain '11. She just have an outdated model kit. ^_^

Aisha! Aisha! Aisha! Aisha-iteru! ;)

Well, if that happens, lucky for Aisha. She got her own DX valk toy. And not like the other famous female character who pilots a certain '11. She just have an outdated model kit. ^_^

This makes me sad. :(

But yeah! Count me in on that Aisha VF-19E! ;)

That's a excellent short guide for people having a hard time with the fastpack armor up . Love the key points and zoom ins.

Yeah, Bandai will probably do a repaint of the VF-19ADV without the fastpacks and sell it as a Tamashii limited. Maybe they can do a trans am coloring.

I wonder if Arcadia would ever do a VF-11MAXL, since they already have a Macross 7 line.

Maybe Bandai can make the VF-11MAXL in part with their HI-metal R line too

Thanks for that Actar. I didn't know that even the leg pack has their designated L & R thingy because of the side cut-away. Also, you did however made the shoulder flap parallel and not bent down a little based on the instruction manual. Is that more helpful to line everything else? Thanks! :)

If you're referring to page 22 of the instruction manual, that picture is very deceptive as it's mostly an illustration. By collapsing the inner shoulder flap all the way, it has enough space to "click" into the inner leg armor, fit into the right spot by itself and secure everything in place.

Edited by Actar

great video Actar! following all the steps exactly but my boosters still don't fit on securely.. Well they do fit but the slightest bump or knock and one side pops off in an instant.

Gave it a go anyways and I thank you for you advice but I still chose to leave off the leg covers and shoulder bits..

some random guy in Japan is selling his loose Arcadia Yf-19. The package will be shipped like this :p

kazu_n1_roadster_07-img600x450-143606969

Somebody at YJA decided to sell his Arcadia YF-19 upon getting Bandai's VF-19. :rolleyes:

attachicon.giffw190v18-img600x450-1434869810fmjloo4756.jpg

Was it the same guy from YJA? Atleast he still sold it for good Y31000 without the original box. Not bad. ;)

Well after watching Actar's video, i made another try at the super parts in fighter mode. I realized i missed tabbing in the legs to the torso. After i did that, the process was much better. The gaps still aren't perfect but they are a whole lot better than they were prior. Thanks for the video Actar!

The wing tabs just sitting there really does suck. Shame on Bandai for purposely hiding that in promo pictures. I dunno why they wouldn't put in a notch to tab into. Looks like theres room for one.

Edited by Sandman

Thank you very much for the video review, Veef. Your tip to wedge something in between the wing root and the leg to dislodge the super tight right-side tab was invaluable (managed to do it with just a fingernail). Watched the entirety of your review but just went up to gerwalk for today, I'll challenge battroid tomorrow. :lol:

post-197-0-03557500-1436660138_thumb.jpg

Available again at NY for Y28000.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/10446-macross-f-dx-chogokin-vf-19-advance.html

How much is the last price from NY before this 28000 restock?

Oh wow, I think that's actually a price reduction. I believe NY was asking for 29000 JPY before. Way to go NY, "only" a 5000JPY mark up. :lol:

Bookmarked for later use! :D Thanks for making the video, Actar.

Kinda tempted to get a 3rd... But then I'm wondering if there will be any recolors of this and if so, I'd rather get that instead of having too many multiples of this one.

Or you can sell one back out when they announce the recolors, I'm sure there will still be buyers that missed the original color. But probably not at 28000 yen before shipping

[align=left]GerWalk mode & TLS mode! 【VF-19 ADVANCE】超時空要塞F~戀離飛翼~
[/align][align=left]Ground Effective Reinforcement of Winged Armament with Locomotive Knee-Joint[/align]http://gundamatefsf.blogspot.hk/2015/07/gerwalk-mode-tls-mode-vf-19-advancef.html

_DSC5930.jpg

[align=left][float=left]_DSC5932.jpg

_DSC5938.jpg

_DSC5936.jpg

TLS mode.... very difficult to transform!
IMG-20150705-WA0034.jpg

Stay tuned for Battroid Mode!

[/float][/align]

Couldn't grab it in JP trip.... Found this in HK with reasonable price!
Enjoy! The fighter mode is good!
http://gundamatefsf.blogspot.hk/2015/07/dx-vf-19-advancef.html

_DSC5927.jpg

_DSC5915.jpg[/url

_DSC5918.jpg

_DSC5921.jpg

I opened my copy today and I have a few qc issues.

1. First NY packed the box sloppy. The toys where wrapped in bubble wrap but the rest of the box was not padded out so the toys could rattle around in it. The box is really scuffed up but the toy inside was fine.
  2. Secondly I have several small blemishes on the toy. There is a scratch of black paint on the die cast spine piece. I'm not sure how to remove it because I fear that the underlying paint coat will also be removed if I use some kind of solvent. I have to see how visible it is in Battroid-Mode and decide than what to do.
  3. I also got two R-marked pieces for the shoulder armor. It is the piece that sits on top of the pauldron. I attached it and could not tell if there was a difference between the two parts. Can someone confirm if they have an L and an R piece and if they are different. If so has anyone to L marked pieces?
  4. I also got black paint from the black trapezoid on the lower leg run between the two halves of the leg. It looks like some accidental panel lining. Has someone already tried to disassemble the legs?

Since it is from NY there is no way to get a replacement of some kind of compensation so I have to look myself into fixing the problems. They are not big issues compared to outright breakage but still I'd like to have a pristine toy.

From handling it in Fighter-Mode it feels real nice and I'm looking forward transforming it. Right now there is SRC GaoGaiGar on my desk and I enjoy posing so the VF-19 will stay a bit longer in its box.

One quick additional question. Does the rear landing gear fold out or lock into place? I've extended the it but it isn't straight. There seems to be a joint in the middle of the metal struts but I was too afraid to push the assembly any further.

Edited by Scyla

[/align][align=left]Ground Effective Reinforcement of Winged Armament with Locomotive Knee-Joint[/align]http://gundamatefsf.blogspot.hk/2015/07/gerwalk-mode-tls-mode-vf-19-advancef.html

Welcome to Macrossworld, great photos on your first post.

feels great to have another Macross Addict.

Checking out your website right now.. "bookmarked" :)

Nice pics man. Though I hate to point it out but in the badass Gerwalk pic part of the neck has dislodged. And the Battroid knees can be slide in.

1. First NY packed the box sloppy. The toys where wrapped in bubble wrap but the rest of the box was not padded out so the toys could rattle around in it. The box is really scuffed up but the toy inside was fine.
  2. Secondly I have several small blemishes on the toy. There is a scratch of black paint on the die cast spine piece. I'm not sure how to remove it because I fear that the underlying paint coat will also be removed if I use some kind of solvent. I have to see how visible it is in Battroid-Mode and decide than what to do.
  3. I also got two R-marked pieces for the shoulder armor. It is the piece that sits on top of the pauldron. I attached it and could not tell if there was a difference between the two parts. Can someone confirm if they have an L and an R piece and if they are different. If so has anyone to L marked pieces?
  4. I also got black paint from the black trapezoid on the lower leg run between the two halves of the leg. It looks like some accidental panel lining. Has someone already tried to disassemble the legs?

Since it is from NY there is no way to get a replacement of some kind of compensation so I have to look myself into fixing the problems. They are not big issues compared to outright breakage but still I'd like to have a pristine toy.

From handling it in Fighter-Mode it feels real nice and I'm looking forward transforming it. Right now there is SRC GaoGaiGar on my desk and I enjoy posing so the VF-19 will stay a bit longer in its box.

One quick additional question. Does the rear landing gear fold out or lock into place? I've extended the it but it isn't straight. There seems to be a joint in the middle of the metal struts but I was too afraid to push the assembly any further.

3: According to Actar's observation, it does matter whether the piece is L or R. I havent used my piece so I cant be sure. Check Actar's video.

My rear landinbg gear sits at a bit of an angle too. I think its meant to be like that. It does lock in place anyhow.

Edited by Roanstalker

I think I accidentally loosened my swing bar rivet joint when I transformed it into Battroid. I read a "fix" for this on the Arcadia YF-19 thread. Will that work on this as well?

I tried researching online and one guy recommended placing a ball bearing on the tail end of the rivet between the pliers to even out the pressure. I've never done this sort of thing before so I'm hesitant to try it and risk making things worse. Right now it still holds its pose even when swooshing/normal handling, but it doesn't take a lot of force to swing it out of place.

I also saw a tool called a rivet pliers or dimpling pliers which seem like they're great for this kind of application.

So far no one has actually attempted to make the YF/VF-19's gear the way Kawamori designed them. The Master File actually looks like it just copied an F-18's landing gear, which really does not seem like the right shape.

The Yamato VF-19s and Arcadia YF-19 are very close to the original shape shown in that Blazer diagram, but they dont include the sideways rotation mechanism that would make the tires lay flat in the bay like an actual aircraft would have them. Most (if not all) valks with the gear in the legs really should fold and rotate, but it might be a pretty fragile mechanism in 1/60th scale.

So far the only valks to really attempt that type of rotation were the Yamato VF-11 and the YF-21/VF-22.

Edited by Chronocidal

I've mentioned that----no one really gets the -19's gear right, despite it having very detailed drawings from the beginning. I think it's part of the reason almost no -19 "looks right" sitting on the ground, with a weird stance/tilt---because the landing gear's wrong. And you always get that "gear door touching the wheel" problem---again, because the gear's wrong.

Which shoulder armor are you talking about, there's 3 of them, small, medium , large. The Small and medium have R and L, the Large one does not matter.

Check out Actars quicke guide to confirm.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41848&p=1209117

I think I accidentally loosened my swing bar rivet joint when I transformed it into Battroid. I read a "fix" for this on the Arcadia YF-19 thread. Will that work on this as well?

I tried researching online and one guy recommended placing a ball bearing on the tail end of the rivet between the pliers to even out the pressure. I've never done this sort of thing before so I'm hesitant to try it and risk making things worse. Right now it still holds its pose even when swooshing/normal handling, but it doesn't take a lot of force to swing it out of place.

I also saw a tool called a rivet pliers or dimpling pliers which seem like they're great for this kind of application.

are you talking about the swing bars on the WING?

you can try the "Arcadia fix" , I don't see how it can hurt it more

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39470&p=1200236