Arcadia VF-1J Full Armor - January 2015

joppewo

Is the VF-1J white the same white as the previous Arcadia releases of the roy and hikaru DYRL VF-1S?

*snip*

The visor grey is too light...doesn't match the intakes! :rolleyes:

The pink-ish white is spot on though and will look well with the Arcadia VF-1S's.... ;)

:p

There's the answer. ;) So basically, we're really expecting a MacrossWorld exclusive 'pinkish' white from our GBP set. Cool. :lol:

I have a feeling that this will look different beside my Yamato's VF-1S/1A Hikaru. :huh:

Here it is. Technoblue's post. Jump on the link to check the image. ;)

I'm not an expert, but color cast in photography is a known issue that usually can be resolved in post processing. Sometimes it's as easy as setting the correct white balance. Other times neutralizing a color tint is more involved.

Here is my infamous Yamato VF-1S vs Arcadia VF-1S comparison pic:

I took the above photo before I started post processing my digital images. Notice that my smartphone (an iphone 4 at the time) shows a visible red color cast. It's almost as if the lighting is too hot. I was scratching my head for the longest time over this. Was it user error? Was the paint reflecting something in the light that I was using? Anyway, a lot of these questions are off topic and better left to a photography discussion...

Here is the same image with adjustments to neutralize the color red:

attachicon.gifvf1s_visor_adj.png

This subtle change makes the image cooler and the color cast less obvious. If I worked more with the levels I could probably neutralize the red/pink cast so that it is only visible to the most eagle-eyed forum members. In any event, the adjusted picture is giving a better indication of what I was seeing behind the lens.

When comparing Yamato's TV white to Arcadia's white, I cannot discern a difference. For the 1J, I would be very surprised if there are issues with the paint.

Here's Valkyrie addict's comparison pic for Arcadia and Yamato's VF-1S from the official Arcadia VF-1S Roy Focker thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39641&p=1091878

Hope that helps. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Valkyrie Addict's comparison of Roy's 1S is excellent. That thread brings back some good memories. I still think Arcadia should release their version of Max's 1S...

Yeah, maybe someday...

My GBP+1J made it through customs in New York. This set had me questioning my pre-order for the longest time. I'm glad I kept it.

Wonder how long does EMS take to get from Japan to SF Bay area. You guys think I get it by this weekend, it was shipped today?

I got my shipping notice on 05/31/15, it reached ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS) on June 2, 2015 , 8:27 pm

Via EMS btw.

Edited by Loop

Not sure how east coast times compare, but I got my shipping notice 06/01/2015 and it reached ISC NEW YORK (USPS) at 1600 today. The air travel is usually very quick. From New York, EMS deliveries get to my house within two days unless there is a holiday or a big storm bearing down and stalling everything.

Here's what I always wonder regarding EMS and Registered SAL via Nippon-Yasan. When I select EMS, it always goes to LA custom. With Registered SAL, it goes to SF custom which is where I live, the Bay Area. Does anyone from the Bay Area here experience the same thing?

Bay Area guy here , when I use EMS it's normally SFO customs which clears really fast . When I use Register SAL it's normally LA custom which takes days to a week , and last time they sent my package to east cost on a tour of the USA..

Mine is in :) Pics later with the 1st relase 1J and Yamato Gray Goggles Ver

C09DA451-13AC-416E-B3B3-5C3BE2BEAFAF.jpg

Nice! Mine is in the air over the pacific right now haha. If you have the yammy VF-1j, can you take a pic side by side to see the white is pinky or not? Thanks!

I have mine in private warehouse to try and get it shipped with the VF-0A. No rush for me to get it, I plan to custom with along with another GBP but I have no time right know for it.

Glad to see it's the gray goggles version. Would have been suicide for Arcadia not to do so.

Panic buttons away! I see no pink hue on mine :) Either that or my eyeballs are defective :D

F297608A-CCC6-41B1-BE02-5E79FA41AC0B.jpg

A848879A-D656-4AE3-845E-FEAC5CF37F5C.jpg

Option parts

5172BCBF-2A0C-4EDC-BA17-2A6D2F62505E.jpg

Yamato grey goggles ver left - Arcadia right

D12F3134-2BAF-467A-8364-7DE63F23FD8A.jpg

5F08A15C-8C1B-4A65-86C8-21C9372A6B0F.jpg

Yamato grey goggles ver left -Yamato single release middle - Arcadia right

94B3F1AB-DBD0-4477-9C4E-5247913CE20B.jpg

If anything my original release Yamato 1J isnt looking as "bright" white anymore

Edited by anubis20

Cool. Imagine also if you already have the VF-19 Advance on hand for next week, Saburo. ;)

I was hoping to have the VF-19 Adv in time for vacation, but it got delayed from last month. :unsure: But now if things work out, right I'll have a new toy to photograph the VF-19 with. :D

Panic buttons away! I see no pink hue on mine :) Either that or my eyeballs are defective :D

If anything my original release Yamato 1J isnt looking as "bright" white anymore

Thanks for the pics!

I am seeing a tinge of pink with the Arcadia, it does look brighter white compared to the Yamato. I'll see when I have it in hand.

Edited by Saburo

Good photos, Anubis. I don't have a grey-goggled Yamato, but I did compare the white on my Arcadia 1J to the white on my Yamato 30th 1J. The contrast is even less striking with these two, but it does look like Arcadia's white is new and bright and Yamato's white is slightly aged.

A few other points:

• My copy did not include Valkyrie specific option parts. Since I have these with Yamato's 1J, I'm okay with that.
  • It looks like Arcadia got the Tampo printing right this time! I didn't see any missing or misaligned markings.