Arcadia VF-1J Full Armor - January 2015

joppewo

Was the option-pack (seat/etc) included in the original Yammie 1/60v2 GBP?

Not sure if this Arcadia includes it.

At any rate, saw this post at toysdaily earlier:

http://toysdaily.com/discuz/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=226384&pid=7513711

attached pics from : http://mactama.com/mt/toy/macross/takatokutoys/76_armored_series/76_armored_vf_1j/76_armored_vf_1j_top_.htm

Apparently, the old 1/76 Takatoku GBP actually had the option seat thingy even back then?

Never knew!

:bump:

post-263-0-96440900-1433218102_thumb.jpg

post-263-0-49684700-1433218121_thumb.jpg

post-263-0-65841900-1433218427_thumb.jpg

post-263-0-19248500-1433218766_thumb.jpg

Edited by treatment

Was the option-pack (seat/etc) included in the original Yammie 1/60v2 GBP?

Not sure if this Arcadia includes it.

*snip*

Looks like it does, treatment. From Arcadia's site: http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=212

- バトロイド用乗降ハッチパーツ (Battroid for getting on and off hatch parts)

- バトロイド用脇の下補完パーツ (Armpit complementary parts for Battroid)

- バトロイド用乗降シート (Battroid for passenger seat)

From Google Translate.

Now I know why NY didn't ship my item. They wanted to fleece me for more money. They gave me an invoice, I fully paid for it and then they ask me for more shipping money because the "box was bigger than expected". Apparently the shipping amount in the invoice (that I paid for thus completing the contract) is only an estimate and this is the second time they pulled this stunt on me. I'm done with NY. The Grace VF-27 will be the last I get from those bloodsuckers.

I should've just went with HLJ. Wanna know how much I paid for shipping? 18,200 yen and now they want another 13,400. HLJ charges maybe 1/3 that amount.

Edited by neoexcaliber

I should've just went with HLJ. Wanna know how much I paid for shipping? 18,200 yen and now they want another 13,400. HLJ charges maybe 1/3 that amount.

Wow. That's a lot of armored valks!

Edited by wmkjr

Wow. That's a lot of armored valks!

It's a group buy. Many of us live close to one another so we usually make 1 large order to save on shipping but I guess NY is on to us. They make money from shipping considering how little they mark up their Tamashii items so I must've been eating into their bottom line. Too bad they have no respect for rule of contract. I'm going back to HLJ for good.

Edited by neoexcaliber

i just manage to catch it on stock on hlj, and ordered it, i hope its on stock, when i checked again 15 minutes later, it said out of stock/discontinued

Edited by Mr Bomber

Just paid $32 EMS shipping to have it shipped from hlj's warehouse. Dont see any future items that will be bundled with this in the next 55 days..sigh.

Bandai's 19 advanced looks great, but after 2 x Arcadia's 19's, need something different enough to justify purchase.

Was wondering how much did people pay from NY shipped? Mine was quoted @ 23150¥ shipped but totally forgot to pay the Pre/O and was cancelled (prolly banned too lol) but seeing how people got burned with NY in case of defective product, went with the hlj route. Luckily they had a quick "leftover" sale window, just in time when NY cancelled my PO. Price is about $10 higher than NY, but maybe worth the assurance?

Edited by aaajin

Now I know why NY didn't ship my item. They wanted to fleece me for more money. They gave me an invoice, I fully paid for it and then they ask me for more shipping money because the "box was bigger than expected". Apparently the shipping amount in the invoice (that I paid for thus completing the contract) is only an estimate and this is the second time they pulled this stunt on me. I'm done with NY. The Grace VF-27 will be the last I get from those bloodsuckers.

Did you order like 10? The shipping price for 1 vf-1j armored is 3860 yen from Hlj , it's actually pretty heavy around 3 lbs. But they also limit on how much a customer can purchase so I don't think it will work with your large order.

For Nippon Yasan orders , depending on how much I can save on combin shipping cost , I actually prefer to ship them separately. I remember their combine shipping for 3 vf-25 was like only 500 yen in saving, so I made 3 separate orders , lol all shipping to the same address. It's safer , what are the chances that all 3 gets lost , and better packaging protection. Also should your preorder item ending up bigger or heavier than their estimate , because it's a single or small order , they will just eat the difference , but for huge/large orders it will be too noticeable and they will not let it slide, and with international orders when you go over a certain size or weight , the price can increase dramatically. Was your other Nippon Yasan extra invoice you happen to be a large order too.

Main reason for purchasing this from N-Y, their pre order price was 19,950 yen with Rsal 1,890 , at 21,840 shipped it's pretty tough to beat.

Did you order like 10? The shipping price for 1 vf-1j armored is 3860 yen from Hlj , it's actually pretty heavy around 3 lbs. But they also limit on how much a customer can purchase so I don't think it will work with your large order.

For Nippon Yasan orders , depending on how much I can save on combin shipping cost , I actually prefer to ship them separately. I remember their combine shipping for 3 vf-25 was like only 500 yen in saving, so I made 3 separate orders , lol all shipping to the same address. It's safer , what are the chances that all 3 gets lost , and better packaging protection. Also should your preorder item ending up bigger or heavier than their estimate , because it's a single or small order , they will just eat the difference , but for huge/large orders it will be too noticeable and they will not let it slide, and with international orders when you go over a certain size or weight , the price can increase dramatically. Was your other Nippon Yasan extra invoice you happen to be a large order too.

Main reason for purchasing this from N-Y, their pre order price was 19,950 yen with Rsal 1,890 , at 21,840 shipped it's pretty tough to beat.

A little more than that but NY did say they can't send me a single shipment and it'll still have to be 2 separate shipments even if I pay them more. The upsetting part? I initially made 2 orders of 7 each units each but decided to combine them since it appeared in the combine order option. The problem now is that the new order which will still be 2 shipments cost more than the initial 2 orders. Like 10k yen more. They refused to revert to the previous arrangement and they also had the cheek to tell me I'd have to pay them more if I wanted to break them down into even smaller shipments. I went with NY because of their prices as well but I learnt the hard way that they will only honour those prices if bought in small amounts since their toy prices are lower than other retailers and they rely on shipping to turn a profit. Unfortunately, their system offers a lower shipping price if the order is large enough and that eats into their profit, thus the reason why buying 10 units to save on shipping ended up costing almost the same as buying 10 units separately.

They did try to placate me by offering to send my item as soon as I paid them yesterday. It's Wednesday now, and I've yet to receive any shipping notice. Would it be too harsh to call them lying bastards? :rolleyes:

Edited by neoexcaliber

my colleague gave me the wrong delivery address...as in it doesn't exist, now my VF—1 is lost somewhere in China , hlj say wait it out.

Saving face means no direct apology or admitting fault. I'd love to headbutt him..but he knows Wing Chung and would see my headbutt coming through my weight shift and deflect it...so chin up neoexcaliber!!

Yep, got my AmiAmi shipping notice. This is the longest they've ever sat on an order of mine. Typically when I pay for an order on Friday/Saturday I would have it by Wednesday. Maybe they're short staffed due to some national celebration. Is it Japanese Shark Week? I'll just say it's Japanese Shark Week. :)

Edited by eriku

I reckon the best way to make sure about this "pink" is to have a side-by-side comparo with the old Yammie.

Under whatever lighting conditions, and possibly inside and outside (sunny) the house.

One thing I noticed from the pics is that the "white" on the Armor is a little different from the "white" of the 1J.

Edited by treatment

I reckon the best way to make sure about this "pink" is to have a side-by-side comparo with the old Yammie.

Under whatever lighting conditions, and possibly inside and outside (sunny) the house.

One thing I noticed from the pics is that the "white" on the Armor is a little different from the "white" of the 1J.

Once I have it, I'll put them side by side and see.