Arcadia VF-1J Full Armor - January 2015

joppewo

Ok. Mine's just left SF customs. And just like I said earlier, it should probably get delivered in my work address on monday since we're closed during the weekend. ^_^

Questions for people who has theirs as of this moment:

1. Does the white parts on the GBP armor is also the same 'shade' of white as the Valk itself?

2. Option parts included such as Side Covers; Neck Cover; and the Pilot Seat? Since there were some posts that theirs are missing. Just verifying.

3. How thick is the box? Does it have the same thickness as the Yamato release? Just want to check if they somehow made it a little compact than the old releases.

Anyways, thanks in advance for answering this. ;)

The white on the Armor looks different than the pinkish white on the Arcadia.

On parts of the arcadia there's some "bleed" from the red paint that REALLY makes it look pink (leg fins on mine)

The option parts included are just the side covers and neck cover. NO seat that I could find.

Typical Yammie-size box.

I'm on the fence on whether or not i really like it or not. I wish they had just used the same shade of white they used for the Model kits and the no-paint 1S.

Either way the Armor is going on my spare Roy 1S that is missing his legfins like a cripple :p

I'm on the fence on whether or not i really like it or not. I wish they had just used the same shade of white they used for the Model kits and the no-paint 1S.

Do mean wish they had NOT used the same shade? Because those have a pinkish hue also...

Do mean wish they had NOT used the same shade? Because those have a pinkish hue also...

Really? I have like 7 of those kits and never saw any of them as pink.

The white of the ARcadia 1-j is not the same as the Unpainted kits.... I'll take pics side by side when I get home tonight :p

Edited by Duymon

Got mine yesterday! This is my first Arcadia valk and I gotta say, overall I'm not overly impressed with the construction compared to Bandai Frontier valks I own. The wrist joints on the poseable hands are floppy as crap and the gaps around the shoulders and neck seem a little large and are slightly asymmetrical.

Also the left "head laser" (forgive my newbness, don't know the technical term) is completely locked in place, to the point where I accidentally broke the damn thing before I even tried to re-position it. Curse my clumsy nerd hands!

So with all that said, it is still pretty damn cool and I'm glad I ordered one. I'm just not quite as thrilled with it as I thought I'd be.

This thread needs more pics. With respect to Valkyrie Addict's Arcadia-Yamato 1S comparison... Which 1J is which? In this quick shoot, I am comparing the new grey-goggle Arcadia release to the white-goggle 30th Anniversary Yamato release. I did my best to hide the goggles. :p I only used ambient light coming in from the windows. No house lights and no flash.

post-5492-0-68136500-1433537945_thumb.png

For the next shot I flipped the positions of each 1J. The one on the bottom above is now on the top.

post-5492-0-10568800-1433537961_thumb.png

And here is a third photo with a vertical layout:

post-5492-0-94230000-1433538251_thumb.png

This thread needs more pics. With respect to Valkyrie Addict's Arcadia-Yamato 1S comparison... Which 1J is which? In this quick shoot, I am comparing the new grey-goggle Arcadia release to the white-goggle 30th Anniversary Yamato release. I did my best to hide the goggles. :p I only used ambient light coming in from the windows. No house lights and no flash.

attachicon.gif1j_horiz.png

For the next shot I flipped the positions of each 1J. The one on the bottom above is now on the top.

attachicon.gif1j_horiz_flip.png

attachicon.gif1j_vert.png

the arcadia is

bottom for first

right for last?

2nd is obviously opposte of first since thats what yo usaid.

by answering this i am disagreeing with my previous stance....i don't notnice arcadia "pink" in person....in natural light (which is what this is?)

was i right?

The pink-hue is most notable in the first pic.

The problem is most collectors will display their collection using indoor lighting....which seems to be the most unforgiving when it comes to Arcadia's plastics.

The only situation you'd want to use natural lighting is perhaps for a quick photo shoot or if you prefer yellowed plastic more than pink-hued over the long run.... :rolleyes:

attachicon.gif1j_horiz.png

attachicon.gif1j_horiz_flip.png

attachicon.gif1j_vert.png

Here is my bet: :)

1st Pic - Top is Y and Bottom is A

2nd Pic - Top is A and Bottom is Y

3rd Pic - Left is A and Right is Y

What's is the correct answer?

You got them all right, Mechapilot.

Scratch that. Mechapilot got the first two right. Tallman and Pedro got them all right. The giveaway is the slight gap in the leg seem of the Yamato 1J.

Yeah, I'm not arguing the difference because everyone's camera does a good job of picking it up. To me, though, it is subtle, even with the lights on and the shades drawn. I think both the Yamato and Arcadia 1Js look very good together.

Here are some armor parts comparisons that I did under the same conditions. The Arcadia parts are on the right/bottom, depending on the orientation of the photo. The other set is from Yamato's special missile effects version, which has more Tampo printing out of the box.

Here is some leg armor:

post-5492-0-56107500-1433539361_thumb.png

post-5492-0-95592500-1433539422_thumb.png

Here are the arms (note the white):

post-5492-0-59330200-1433539539_thumb.png

Shoulder pieces:

post-5492-0-57592500-1433539611_thumb.png

Chest pieces:

post-5492-0-60312400-1433539737_thumb.png

Edited by technoblue

That should be interesting to see the parts on the 30th AE Valk! You gonna upload a pic for us!?

I can take some pictures in a few hours. The armor covers up almost all of the "nascar" paintscheme of it, leaving only the backpack, wings, a small portion of the thigh, and the top of the head exposed.

I have the "Rare" no paint version VF-1S and it is not pink at all. I have not even really looked at the 1 original kit without the option parts I have (VF-1S), so no comment there.

The white on the Armor looks different than the pinkish white on the Arcadia.

On parts of the arcadia there's some "bleed" from the red paint that REALLY makes it look pink (leg fins on mine)

The option parts included are just the side covers and neck cover. NO seat that I could find.

Typical Yammie-size box.

Either way the Armor is going on my spare Roy 1S that is missing his legfins like a cripple :p

Thanks Duymon. ;) So it has different sets of white shade then. Anyways, thought it comes with the ejected pilot seat as what it says on the Arcadia product site. That's weird. :huh:

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=212

It's soooo 'pink'. :lol:

LoL! Best to leave the drool-worth photos to other members.

Armor buddies (Arcadia 1J in Yamato Armor; Yamato DYRL 1A in Arcadia armor):

post-5492-0-22881100-1433549906_thumb.png

A cool add-on would be DYRL-type hands for the GBP armor pegs. I'll have to search Shapeways.

Edited by technoblue

LoL! Best to leave the drool-worth photos to other members.

Armor buddies (Arcadia 1J in Yamato Armor; Yamato DYRL 1A in Arcadia armor):

armors.png

A cool add-on would be DYRL-type hands for the GBP armor pegs. I'll have to search Shapeways.

You can also just take off the hands from the VF-1, and leave off the gray part where you plug in the gbp hands

Really? I have like 7 of those kits and never saw any of them as pink.

The white of the ARcadia 1-j is not the same as the Unpainted kits.... I'll take pics side by side when I get home tonight :p

Yes, really. I had the VF-1S pre-assembled kit and I have the VF-1J that I assembled. Both are exactly the same as the recent Arcadias. People even made the same "it looks pink" comments when I posted photos of them years ago. Again, they don't look pink in person, but in photos under certain lighting it comes through.

here are some photos of the pre-assembled 1S I had. Same 'pink' hue. One is even a comparison photo someone requested back then because of the pink hue.

post-430-0-26011200-1433553913_thumb.jpg

post-430-0-31629700-1433553924_thumb.jpg

This is a shot of the 1J kit as I was building it, under a different light but you can still see a 'pink' hue.

post-430-0-56792400-1433553962_thumb.jpg

And Jenius, that monster in my avatar is not white. It's clearly brown. A rich, dark, chocolaty brown.

You can also just take off the hands from the VF-1, and leave off the gray part where you plug in the gbp hands

Gah! Thanks, viiof. The DYRL hands look sweet once the GPB wrist plates are out of the way.

I'll ammend my wish: It would be nice to peg in DYRL-style hands that have poseable fingers.

Guest davidwhangchoi

The Arcadia parts are on the left/bottom, depending on the orientation of the photo. The other set is from Yamato's special missile effects version, which has more Tampo printing out of the box.

Here is some leg armor:

attachicon.gifleg_armor1.png

attachicon.gifleg_armor2.png

Here are the arms (note the white):

attachicon.gifarm_armor1.png

Shoulder pieces:

attachicon.gifshoulder_arm.png

Chest pieces:

attachicon.gifchest_armor.png

nice comparison shots.

i think you meant Arcadia parts are on the right/bottom

Guest davidwhangchoi

here are some photos of the pre-assembled 1S I had. Same 'pink' hue. One is even a comparison photo someone requested back then because of the pink hue.

attachicon.gifum002b.jpg

attachicon.gif11c10b.jpg

This is a shot of the 1J kit as I was building it, under a different light but you can still see a 'pink' hue.

attachicon.gifvf1j.JPG

And Jenius, that monster in my avatar is not white. It's clearly brown. A rich, dark, chocolaty brown.

damn that's pink. i'm sticking with my yamatos especially the DYRL "off white"

I can take some pictures in a few hours. The armor covers up almost all of the "nascar" paintscheme of it, leaving only the backpack, wings, a small portion of the thigh, and the top of the head exposed.

yeah true.. a lot of the paint scheme will be covered up anyways.. still should be interesting to see one all geared up in GBP's!

Also im glad they left off the "1" and "101" markings. Makes fitting them on to other variants seem more realistic.