Arcadia VF-1J Full Armor - January 2015

joppewo

Guest davidwhangchoi

Fixed. Thanks, dwc.

awesome comparison technoblue. i wouldn't have known about the tampo missing without your pics.

Got mine today. Does anyone else have yellowed missile clusters on their GBP? On one of the leg units the top cluster is totally yellowed as if it were really old PVC, while the bottom cluster is fine. On another part there is one or two individual missiles that are yellowed while the rest are white. I'm not anal enough for it to really bother me, but I do find it really curious that brand new plastic would already be yellowed. Is it possible they used some leftover parts from the Yamato run? I'll post a photo later.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Got mine today. Does anyone else have yellowed missile clusters on their GBP? On one of the leg units the top cluster is totally yellowed as if it were really old PVC, while the bottom cluster is fine. On another part there is one or two individual missiles that are yellowed while the rest are white. I'm not anal enough for it to really bother me, but I do find it really curious that brand new plastic would already be yellowed. Is it possible they used some leftover parts from the Yamato run? I'll post a photo later.

most likely could be recycled parts...

sucks man!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

That's f*ed up!

Yeah. Waiting for a pic of that.

Somebody oughta twat Arcadia and Mr.K about the shenanigan!

It doesn't look anywhere near as yellow at home as it did at work under the long fluorescent tube lights.

In the photo it's hardly noticeable at all. But the top cluster is 'yellowed' while the bottom one is bright white.

I also had to remove a 1cm sized spot of what appeared to be dried blood on one of the 1J's legs. Fun times. :lol:

post-430-0-06560300-1433803491_thumb.jpg

It doesn't look anywhere near as yellow at home as it did at work under the long fluorescent tube lights.

In the photo it's hardly noticeable at all. But the top cluster is 'yellowed' while the bottom one is bright white.

I also had to remove a 1cm sized spot of what appeared to be dried blood on one of the 1J's legs. Fun times. :lol:

attachicon.gifgbp.JPG

Yeah.

I can't see the yellowing on 'em from the photo.

oh, and blood???

Was it really? I like to think simple overspray, but damn blood?

dafuq, Arcadia?!

I don't know what it was, I just said it looked like dried blood. Brownish red smear. I doubt it was overspray since there is no paint that color on the toy, and it wiped off more readily than paint would.

Whatever it was, it came off.

Received mine today. Showing my support for Arcadia.

Please re-release the VF-1D. It makes total sense now that 0D was released recently. I never got that one when it originally came out. (after all I am a low vis guy and bright orange high vis looks bad in my collection)

Hikaru's first valk in the tv series.

....And yes give us those damn side pieces as freebies. Thanks. :p

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Received mine today. Showing my support for Arcadia.

Please re-release the VF-1D. It makes total sense now that 0D was released recently. I never got that one when it originally came out. (after all I am a low vis guy and bright orange high vis looks bad in my collection)

Hikaru's first valk in the tv series.

....And yes give us those damn side pieces as freebies. Thanks. :p

Yes for the VF-1D! But please, with the accurate canopy size!

Yes for the VF-1D! But please, with the accurate canopy size!

that would be nice although I don't mind the canopy size that they originally came with.. Many of the 1D model kits look kinda goofy with the extended cockpit canopy.. Im not sure that anyone has ever actually got it 100% correct. And besides I doubt they would go about making a new mold just to correct that specifically and I don't think that many people would care anyways..

Edited by spanner76

Mine arrived today, and NY has terrible packaging when it comes to large shipments. 3 of them had visible dents and another 3 were crumpled at the sides. Only one of them is mine though. :p

vf1j.jpg

Whoa!?!? 14! Hehe! Thats either a photoshopped image or you are just nuts! (Or obsessed) ;)

So which one is yours!? :p

Edited by spanner76

Got mine in from NY today as well and in my case the individual valk was packaged extremely well. Never having seen a Yammie GBP in-person before, I was surprised at the size of this valk's packaging. As for the white, it's clearly a different shade from my Yamato VF-1S TV, but it does look nice and white in-person. I noticed (and was bothered by) the pink tinge on my Arcadia VF-1S immediately, but the VF-1J's white is looking good to me! :D

Quick and dirty shot of the Arcadia VF-1J with the Yamato VF-1S TV:

post-197-0-05393100-1433915674_thumb.jpg

Mine arrived today, and NY has terrible packaging when it comes to large shipments. 3 of them had visible dents and another 3 were crumpled at the sides. Only one of them is mine though. :p

attachicon.gifvf1j.jpg

6 out of 14 , that's almost half. At least there's 8 mint ones to choose from.. ^_^

NY has a policy called "I got your money, so f!@# off"

broken or missing parts is not even compensated.

Haha good to know, they opted for the softest bubble wrap ever which i may use as a pillow for my puppy, and the quality of the shipping box causes me to think they are going green and using recycled cardboard, at my expense, what's one valk when you are saving the trees right?

Whoa!?!? 14! Hehe! Thats either a photoshopped image or you are just nuts! (Or obsessed) ;)

So which one is yours!? :p

It's an enterprising group order which NY recently foiled when they realized they were losing out on shipping profit. I'm probably stuck with the worst box.

6 out of 14 , that's almost half. At least there's 8 mint ones to choose from.. ^_^

Unfortunately, I don't get to choose the best.

Got mine, does anyone know NY's policy on dented boxes?

I sent them a ticket as well but I'm not hoping for much, especially when the contents are intact.

Edited by neoexcaliber

Finally! Got mine today. I might say my initial reaction on the white is... there is really a 'pink' hue to it. :lol: Though I'm a little bit disappointed since I was expecting that the ejected pilot seat is included based on their webpage product info. Oh well... :unsure:

Anyways, presenting... DUAL STRIKE ARMORED VALKYRIE.

post-5552-0-64762400-1433924510_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-33470200-1433924515_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-51945400-1433924520_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-90854800-1433924525_thumb.jpg

Just so everyone knows... I don't know how to Photoshop. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Anyways, presenting... DUAL STRIKE ARMORED VALKYRIE.

Whoa....beautiful overkill, if they had this idea in the anime I bet the armour would've had more screen time lol

I was disappointed about the ejected seat too, though gonna use the ejected seat from the 30th anniversary VF-1A for my armoured VF-1J. Aiming for a maintenance pose when we finally move into our new house >.<

Haha good to know, they opted for the softest bubble wrap ever which i may use as a pillow for my puppy, and the quality of the shipping box causes me to think they are going green and using recycled cardboard, at my expense, what's one valk when you are saving the trees right?

I got a reply. They want me to open a claim with my local post office before they will process it on their side. I have no idea how I'm gonna do that since the item is already with me and I don't know the process. Guess I'll have to make a few phone calls tomorrow but it's a hassle considering the actual toy is intact.

HLJ on the other hand, have offered me a 10% discount voucher in the past without even going through that hassle. All they needed was a photo but that item was quite badly dented.

Edited by neoexcaliber