Arcadia 1/60 VF-19 Custom Nekki Basara Special with Sound Booster

SaitouSad

Ya know?

Looking back on this thread, this Arcadia item was 34,800y back in in 2014.

Exchange-rate back in Sept/2014 was about 109y to US$1

I didn't get this back then, but weren't there some PO-"discounts" that push the pricing below 34,800y?

How much was shipping-fees back then? Probably the even more rare low rates?

Seems people here even got this item for around 26k yen around Nov/2014 due to several of HLJ's discounts and coupons and stuff.

vs

34,800y as of Dec/2023 now, with exchange-rate around 142y to US$1.

Exorbitant shipping-fees are the norm, and still being raised.

No PO-discounts anymore to push pricing below 34,800y.  Some jp-shops even add the 10% tokyo sales-taxes.

---

Just some interesting stuff to me...

Edited by treatment

On 12/25/2023 at 8:29 AM, DownIsUp said:

Anyone know when AmiAmi tends to get their hands on stock for stuff like this? It's only been a couple days so I'm not stressing, but I am curious since HLJ seems really on the ball 

This japanese-fan bought it from amiami-jp:

https://twitter.com/zerostart08/status/1739616070602993788

web-translated:

image.png.84ae6bc22d23c26edc6f9dc2263c93a6.png

---

latest from purchasers:

https://twitter.com/suzukiti/status/1739680699408593221

web-translated snapshot:

image.png.4ea67d6b1ef7484769e40026f48d630b.png

On 12/25/2023 at 8:29 AM, DownIsUp said:

Anyone know when AmiAmi tends to get their hands on stock for stuff like this? It's only been a couple days so I'm not stressing, but I am curious since HLJ seems really on the ball 

In case you missed this announcement from Amiami's homepage. Customers might experience shipment delays due to a surge in orders.

ScreenShot2023-12-26.jpg.5451e444517894ebc93de73cb97235cc.jpg

10 hours ago, m0n5t3r said:

No improvements? GERWALK legs and ankles look the same and the headfin still doesn't sit flush on top of the head. Best looking mode is still fighter but I agree that the gold canopy is too much.

No videos, yet, but here's another user-tweet with pics to check it:

https://twitter.com/hiyashinsu_boti/status/1740253271519047736

web-translated snap:

image.png.57acc3ab54a43970ca837961396eee67.png

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Got shipping notification 

using Hlj quick pack Yamato service

Thought that quickpack option was only $3 to $7 cheaper than DHL and FedEx for single items.

Was it significantly cheaper than either when you have more than a single item?

1 hour ago, treatment said:

No videos, yet, but here's another user-tweet with pics to check it:

https://twitter.com/hiyashinsu_boti/status/1740253271519047736

web-translated snap:

image.png.57acc3ab54a43970ca837961396eee67.png

Thought that quickpack option was only $3 to $7 cheaper than DHL and FedEx for single items.

Was it significantly cheaper than either when you have more than a single item?

no, it was just a dollar or two cheaper than fedex or DHL. i just wanted to try it since it was a new option i never tried before. it said 3-5 days so hopefully it's fast.

Just a PSA & reminder, especially for folks new to handling Arcadia's VF-19 / YF-19, that the Gerwalk joint doesn't pivot down as far as you would expect especially if one is used to handling Bandai's DX. The Gerwalk joint is nicely stiff and clicky, but it does not take a lot for the joint to break after the (I think) 3rd click if one is expecting the 4th.  

12 hours ago, MKT said:

Just a PSA & reminder, especially for folks new to handling Arcadia's VF-19 / YF-19, that the Gerwalk joint doesn't pivot down as far as you would expect especially if one is used to handling Bandai's DX. The Gerwalk joint is nicely stiff and clicky, but it does not take a lot for the joint to break after the (I think) 3rd click if one is expecting the 4th.  

Thanks for the warning. This will be my first round with the VF19.

10 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

anyone here by any chance have a shot of the new box for this valk?, not for collecting reasons of course :ph34r:

Here you go, it was posted one page back:

As with Arcadia's straight reissues, the box looks the same as previous, with this year's reissues coming with a 40th Anniversary sticker.

9 minutes ago, MKT said:

Here you go, it was posted one page back:

As with Arcadia's straight reissues, the box looks the same as previous, with this year's reissues coming with a 40th Anniversary sticker.

Thank you so much @MKT, my bad not looking further in this thread😅 , man I was hoping for something different in the box art of this Valk still no problem at all.  

11 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Thank you so much @MKT, my bad not looking further in this thread😅 , man I was hoping for something different in the box art of this Valk still no problem at all.  

You're welcome. :hi:

It so happens that Mandarake has split the listing for the reissue, so for anyone who wants to tell the new box from the old when purchasing on secondary markets:

2023 Reissue - comes with 'Macross 40th' sticker on the front, the last 6-digits barcode number on the back reads "821657"

VF-19Kfrontnew.jpg.5d6875b6a764574d0067266b03cd850e.jpg

VF-19Kbacknew.jpg.27c5be64d360f0ac4fa714fb03190c36.jpg

For the 2014 original issue - obviously no sticker on the front, and the last 6-digit barcode on the back reads "820742"

VF-19Kfrontold.jpg.ccab21ec739ef2d687d37cf26a475df3.jpg

VF-19Kbackold.jpg.2153b64c2a3c71acf5ee4c79f6059e0f.jpg

My first time handling the Vf-19 mold, and I love it so far! I wish I was a little more careful during my first transformation tho, because I dented the tip on the back of the hip block. I've had the Yamcadia Vf-1 for a while but that thing doesn't have tolerances this precise. It's a neat change of pace

9 hours ago, DownIsUp said:

My first time handling the Vf-19 mold, and I love it so far! I wish I was a little more careful during my first transformation tho, because I dented the tip on the back of the hip block. I've had the Yamcadia Vf-1 for a while but that thing doesn't have tolerances this precise. It's a neat change of pace

That's what I love about 3rd / late gen Yamato & Arcadia valks. The precise feel of it when handling them.