1 hour ago, technoblue said:

Sharing this news with all the “Warrior Nun” fans on the board. Coming soon (somewhere else?)…season 3. B))

https://www.darkhorizons.com/warrior-nun-saved-from-cancellation/

If this April 1st!?!? Please don't be April 1st!!

That is fecking awesome! Even if all they do is give us a third season to close it out, that is great news.

24 minutes ago, Thom said:

If this April 1st!?!? Please don't be April 1st!!

That is fecking awesome! Even if all they do is give us a third season to close it out, that is great news.

:drinks:

It is fantastic news, but I also see no harm in being cautiously optimistic until we get the official details. I was willing to be at peace with the way season 2 ended. 

Furthermore, I hope most of the actors are able to return and that all of the union talks are resolved so this can move forward on schedule.

I’m also very curious to learn who rescued the show after Netflix dropped it.

2 hours ago, Old_Nash_II said:

https://collider.com/greta-gerwig-chronicles-of-narnia-movies-directing/
So... it's a good thing. But I need a movie of  The Magician's Nephew

I really liked the first movie, which of course is only a specific take on the books (which I have not read) so I'm interested to see what they do with it. 

And for any Netflix Execs, could I interest you in the Belgariad or David Weber's Mutineer's Moon..?

3 hours ago, Old_Nash_II said:

https://collider.com/greta-gerwig-chronicles-of-narnia-movies-directing/
So... it's a good thing. But I need a movie of  The Magician's Nephew

+1 for Magician’s Nephew

54 minutes ago, Thom said:

I really liked the first movie, which of course is only a specific take on the books (which I have not read) so I'm interested to see what they do with it. 

I’ve read the books and I thought Walden Media put in a good effort with the three films they produced when they still had the rights. That said, I’m keen to see how far Netflix takes their version.

If the creative team does go the distance, it would be really fun to compare things once we have Netflix versions of the Walden Media films.

3 hours ago, Thom said:

And for any Netflix Execs, could I interest you in the Belgariad or David Weber's Mutineer's Moon..?

I I don't know about these books, but I'll give them a look.
In my country, many good works do not have the proper translation. Publishers are too selective when it comes to fantasy or fiction, leaning too heavily on teen romances (thanks to crazes like Twilight).

For example, I could only read the Tetalogy of New Sun from Gene Wolfe, based on a translation made by a fan from Portugal

43 minutes ago, Old_Nash_II said:

I I don't know about these books, but I'll give them a look.
In my country, many good works do not have the proper translation. Publishers are too selective when it comes to fantasy or fiction, leaning too heavily on teen romances (thanks to crazes like Twilight).

For example, I could only read the Tetalogy of New Sun from Gene Wolfe, based on a translation made by a fan from Portugal

I hope you can get them! The Belgariod is from David Eddings and is high fantasy whereas Mutineer's Moon is hard sci-fi. Both very enjoyable series with great characters, interactions and battles.

23 minutes ago, Thom said:

I hope you can get them! The Belgariod is from David Eddings and is high fantasy whereas Mutineer's Moon is hard sci-fi. Both very enjoyable series with great characters, interactions and battles.

Mutineer's Moon is a fun read but nowhere near Hard Sci-Fi.  Modern Pulp is more like it. (This is based on "Hard" sci-fi being mostly science with one or two well explained changes)

Half way through Silo on AppleTV and so far this is a real good show. Almost like a more refined, adult version of City of Ember.

"In a ruined and toxic future, thousands live in a giant silo deep underground. After its sheriff breaks a cardinal rule and residents die mysteriously, engineer Juliette (Rebecca Ferguson) starts to uncover shocking secrets and the truth about the silo."

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Loved Rick & Morty. RIP Ricky & Morty.

Seems like this season may just be the anime episodes, but there’s still news coming in about shows. I don’t know if they’ll try to replace Roiland with anyone good or not.

3 hours ago, Old_Nash_II said:

Choppy, like this?🤣🤣🤣🤣

That scene was choppy from the edits and  choppy as in the action. But those kids looked barely entertained by a giant monster chopping up another giant monster and completely defiling the corpse. After chopping off the head, it looked like it was humping it. And those kids just didn’t seem to care much.

17 hours ago, Big s said:

That scene was choppy from the edits and  choppy as in the action. But those kids looked barely entertained by a giant monster chopping up another giant monster and completely defiling the corpse. After chopping off the head, it looked like it was humping it. And those kids just didn’t seem to care much.

It is hard to work up much enthusiasm when all you can actually see is a director making stupid faces...

As for the Choppy, choppy as in apparently running 60fps but only animating 20fps and messing up the tweening at that. 

3 hours ago, Dynaman said:

As for the Choppy, choppy as in apparently running 60fps but only animating 20fps and messing up the tweening at that. 

Weirdly enough, the fix to this stubborn problem is to bump up the framerate massively and/or lower it massively, both of which gobble up production budget. I can understand why they went this route, but it still sucks to see it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...