Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

That gap on the back hump which is where the floppy broken neck syndrome on the older VF-0 has me worried, its been in every one of the photos of this toy so far!

I wouldn't mind that at all. After Yamato experimented with additional tampo printing on a couple of the VF-1 releases, I'm a little confused as to why Arcadia seems set against continuing in that direction.

To keep the rate of rejected parts down?

Costs, I guess.

Arcadia are a few guys in a small office, Bandai has their own factories. Not fair to compare directly. I'm not justifying Arcadia, for $300 it should make dinner, I'm just saying they are very different companies

i see your point about bandai being able to leverage economies of scale but, they would also have far greater operational costs than arcadia.

just wondering, does anyone here know what the differences are in cost of manufacturing between all tampo vs all decal vs all sticker?

Don't tampo stamps have to be applied by machines that are custom made for the area they're stamping, to accommodate curves and the like? If so, that sounds expensive, especially seeing Arcadia doesn't seem to be milking molds like Bandai does.

I don't mind if they don't tempo everything like Bandai. As Sildani said, not sure, but tempo sound like something expensive and Arcadias valks are already too expensive. I don't mind applying decals, I actually enjoy it, but I wonder what are the costs difference between water slide and stickers though. That sound a little bit more even and less expensive than tempo

I don't mind if they don't tempo everything like Bandai. As Sildani said, not sure, but tempo sound like something expensive and Arcadias valks are already too expensive. I don't mind applying decals, I actually enjoy it, but I wonder what are the costs difference between water slide and stickers though. That sound a little bit more even and less expensive than tempo

Actual cost will be negligible. 3rd Party Water slide decals can be had for less than 10 dollars and if arcadia will order them in bulk, I think will not cost them 5 dollars (plus the decal will be better since they will order them from companies that actually print decals for busines)

Don't tampo stamps have to be applied by machines that are custom made for the area they're stamping, to accommodate curves and the like? If so, that sounds expensive, especially seeing Arcadia doesn't seem to be milking molds like Bandai does.

The only thing that needs to be custom made are the silicone pads that are stamped onto the item, these have the design and the ink. Google pad printing.

Actual cost will be negligible. 3rd Party Water slide decals can be had for less than 10 dollars and if arcadia will order them in bulk, I think will not cost them 5 dollars (plus the decal will be better since they will order them from companies that actually print decals for busines)

Would stickers be cheaper than water slides, e.g., $3.50, if decals are about $5?

Even if tampo was 3x more costly, that's only $15

Would stickers be cheaper than water slides, e.g., $3.50, if decals are about $5?

I just want to clarify that it is speculation on my part, but we both seen Bandai sell separately their water slide decal and still, none of them cost much (and those one involve packaging and distribution cost).

at this price point, I think it would be better if someone tweet Mr. K about it. If they insist about Stickers only, at least let them leak the files so people that wanted Waterslides decal can print themselves a copy.

Really?! Where are there 3rd Party decals for the YF-19?!! They just aren't even available so its not an option.

I just want to clarify that it is speculation on my part, but we both seen Bandai sell separately their water slide decal and still, none of them cost much (and those one involve packaging and distribution cost).

Bandai's decals for their macross frontier kits aren't even worth the paper they're printed on. They are quite literally the worst decals I think I've ever seen. Edited by Chronocidal

Bandai's decals for their macross frontier kits aren't even worth the paper they're printed on. They are quite literally the worst decals I think I've ever seen.

This. It's really bad. Arcadia's waterslides are good however so they definitely have the means to do it if they wish to..

I hope they address that neck gap, I'm not plopping down 300$ to have a VF-0D that hasn't changed much from the Yamato ones.

that gap is not a selling point right now.

Feel exactly the same way! However I already pre-ordered (despite the YF-19) ;( If this has the floppy neck syndrome, then its my last Arcadia... fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice... well, you get the idea.

Is that on an older prototype? On both the old painted model and the pics from AmiAmi there isn't a neck gap like that in fighter mode at all and only a minor one in Gerwalk. Also note it doesn't appear the nose cone is pushed in all of the way.

google translate of the commentary for the circle pic:

Nde's.
To be considered for the "gap that can be in a state in which the folded wing during Battroid" in that it is designed. "I try to such ideas appear to be blocked in!" and he a translation that has become, but .... The root of the wing is to slide upward in setting screen, I am hidden with a plate that is hanging from the back pack. But in fact abandoned because such slide space was not provided. We will rush to continue trouble. And at this time that my brain is not in the flexible, (for it is in fact a big deal it is not) The maximum of the ... to make mistakes. Deformation mechanisms to be used to construct a variable mechanism in the three-dimensional object.. [Deformation for deformation]. This one.

... yeah, that made so much sense :huh:

google translate of the commentary for the circle pic:

Nde's.

To be considered for the "gap that can be in a state in which the folded wing during Battroid" in that it is designed. "I try to such ideas appear to be blocked in!" and he a translation that has become, but .... The root of the wing is to slide upward in setting screen, I am hidden with a plate that is hanging from the back pack. But in fact abandoned because such slide space was not provided. We will rush to continue trouble. And at this time that my brain is not in the flexible, (for it is in fact a big deal it is not) The maximum of the ... to make mistakes. Deformation mechanisms to be used to construct a variable mechanism in the three-dimensional object.. [Deformation for deformation]. This one.

... yeah, that made so much sense :huh:

google wins the day! haha

Eh, the gist of what he said isn't too difficult. Sounds like they tried to slide the wings up to hide the gap between them with the backpack flap, but there just wasn't enough room to do it.

They did manage the cover the gap with the nosecone from the front though, and I don't think it looks bad with the cape anyhow.

One thing that stands out to me though.. the wing construction is what I wish Bandai could get through their heads as being a good idea. They always seem to mold things in whatever color they feel like at the time, and then go back to correct everything with paint. Arcadia on the other hand, molded the wings so that no painting is even necessary for the main wing colors, despite having different colored control surfaces.

Edited by Chronocidal