Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Guest davidwhangchoi

that was like years ago. (old news) he's always said that. (for arcadia wish thread)

i'm sad the ankles are ball jointed but i guess it looks like it'll be easy to remove to put some future

Nobody panicked about the forming gap on the dropping nose? I do

I am a little worried about that. I hope it is just an issue with the test shot. What worries me more is the ankles. Future polish at the ready.

Well the fit of the parts looks fantastic. Now to see if that joint behind the cockpit is sturdy enough to keep things from drooping.

Now this is my concern, this is one Valk that may spend an equal amount of time in Fighter and Battroid, and a droopy Fighter mode like the original VF-0S would make me scream bloody murder. I tease about the ankles only because I haven't had any issues, not that I dispute there's an issue (FYI only).

-b.

*edit for grammar

Edited by Kanedas Bike

Guest davidwhangchoi

I tease about the ankles only because I haven't had any issues, not that I dispute there's an issue (FYI only).

-b.

*edit for grammar

have you moved your 19 ankles often?

have you moved your 19 ankles often?

Dude, I haven't moved them at all (well, only in Fighter mode when I first got it see the range of motion). My YF-19 is still in Fighter mode, one of these days when I'm bored to tears I'll transform it. Maybe.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Dude, I haven't moved them at all (well, only in Fighter mode when I first got it see the range of motion). My YF-19 is still in Fighter mode, one of these days when I'm bored to tears I'll transform it. Maybe.

-b.

then stop teasing and start screaming bloody murder... LOL

Nobody panicked about the forming gap on the dropping nose? I do

I am a little worried about that. I hope it is just an issue with the test shot. What worries me more is the ankles. Future polish at the ready.

Yes, I thought I was the only one that cared about that! I never touch my VF-0 because I can't zoom it around because it breaks its back as soon as I lift it. Arcadia didn't exactly hit it out of the ballpark with the last YF-19 release, I'm still hoping I haven't made another decision I regret.

Ball joint or not I'm keeping my preorder ;)

Yep same here! There is absolutely no friggin way im gonna cave and cancel my pre-orders.. I want these things too badly! Heck if I do encounter an issue then that Valk will stay in fighter mode and I'll battroid another!

I guess buying 3 of them will give me that insurance policy I can claim on if need be! hehe! :D

In all fairness though, I haven't had any real ankle problems with any of my VF-19 Valks.. But then again I don't really mess about with my Valks much if at all! Unlike many other people do!

Most of my Valks, in particular the VF-19 lot have only ever seen one transformation to which ever mode they are currently displayed in and then left alone on display.

So I guess that's why none of their ankles are either loose or completely shagged.. :wacko:

I'll admit I'd much prefer if they did fix the ankle joints in order to eliminate any chance of the problem arising altogether but I only feel this way firstly due to the fact the same joint will feature on the new Zero-D and the horror stories I've heard about shonky ankles on 19's.. but who knows maybe it won't be as bad as people expect! again that's a little wishful thinking right there! ;):p

Oh, I'm not excusing it. I'm just saying it won't stop me from getting one because I like the fighter mode too much to miss out on it.

Besides, we don't even know if it will have the same problem as the '19 ankles. The VF-17 ankles are also ball jointed like that and they weren't bad at all.

You have to give credit to Bandai for the ankle joints on their Frontier valks though. They have great articulation AND look good as well (not feet attached to a thin rod). Arcadia should look at those for some inspiration on ankle joint design.

Actually, they are. Gerwalk works because the weight distribution is different and it's not a problem tipping forward like the 19 series, but my 17S is just as floppy as my YF-19.

Now the VF-4 I've not had any ankle problems with personally.

Ah. I haven't had any issues with my 17D and S personally and I didn't recall seeing widespread complaints on the 17's ankles like I frequently do with the 19 series, so I was only able to base it on my own experiences.

Did the VF-4 ball jointed ankles also? I don't recall and I can't tell from my own pics because there is a piece blocking the view of the ankle joint connection point, but it certainly looks different from the foot-on-a-stick designs of the 17 and 19.

Did someone say VF-4G? :D From what I can tell those ankles do not have ball joints, and as such the range of motion is more limited than that of Arcadia's YF-19. I don't have any of the other, newer 19 or 17 variants to compare.

I know that Arcadia heard the complaints/feedback about the YF-19 ankle joints as Mr. K responded via Twitter. So with that I would hope that they've improved the design but I agree that it's a big *if* considering the dollars attached to buying one.

-b.

Yes, I thought I was the only one that cared about that! I never touch my VF-0 because I can't zoom it around because it breaks its back as soon as I lift it. Arcadia didn't exactly hit it out of the ballpark with the last YF-19 release, I'm still hoping I haven't made another decision I regret.

Depending on where you ordered it, you can still cancel it if it's that big of a concern. The way to fix the droop on the original VF-0's was to fix the internal support plate. A lot of the ones that had droop had a curved internal support plate, once straightened up it was fine. Although I wish we did not have to do things like that with these valks.

Depending on where you ordered it, you can still cancel it if it's that big of a concern. The way to fix the droop on the original VF-0's was to fix the internal support plate. A lot of the ones that had droop had a curved internal support plate, once straightened up it was fine. Although I wish we did not have to do things like that with these valks.

Was there ever any instruction or thread about how to perform this fix?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Anone else notice that the valk in the pic is not a VF-0D? Perhaps I missed why this pic is relevant.

and that's the 0d in the picture.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

and that's the 0d in the picture.

Really? Those don't look like the wings of the D to me. Maybe it is at a funky angle and the wings look like non-delta wings at that angle.

Also, why does the zero in a quote of what I said different in appearance than that of the original text?

In fact, it made your 0 look like a lowercase letter 'O' in my quote of your statement. Strange. Ok, perhaps I haven't had enough caffiene today.

Edited by NightCastle

Guest davidwhangchoi

Really? Those don't look like the wings of the D to me. Maybe it is at a funky angle and the wings look like non-delta wings at that angle.

yeah, initally i got excited that you discovered something new :) like an 0S or 0A but the two seater and the non winged backpack give it away. the angle does make it look like the wings are different. lol

yeah, initally i got excited that you discovered something new :) like an 0S or 0A but the two seater and the non winged backpack give it away. the angle does make it look like the wings are different. lol

It's just in another different shade/hue of Arcadia's 0D-blue called grey...

:D

Was there ever any instruction or thread about how to perform this fix?

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=33217&p=860058

:)

I honestly could not believe how hard it was to find that topic... the search came up blank for everything

I tried, including "VF-0", "reissue", and "droop." :blink:

The forum search function is just extremely picky in what it thinks matches the criteria you type in.

Edited by Chronocidal