Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Great box art, BUT even that great shot has the neck gap - I have yet to see a single photo of this without the neck gap (if the neck is shown) - this doesn't bode well.

Nice box! - Thats what he said

sounds like the wings were going to connect to the rear plate, but the end result of 3D model to physical model didn't translate out.

So, it sounds like they are abandoning the rear wing root locks... yet MrK will try and see if there is a fix before the deadline.

This pic doesn't have the neck gap.

I stand corrected, well that's better. However, my old VF-0 didn't have the droopy neck when it was sitting on the landing gears too, the front gears pushed up the forward fuselage to close up the gap. But as soon as you pick it up, it was there!

I stand corrected, well that's better. However, my old VF-0 didn't have the droopy neck when it was sitting on the landing gears too, the front gears pushed up the forward fuselage to close up the gap. But as soon as you pick it up, it was there!

While that is true of my old 0 as well, the pic from Mr K's Twitter feed with the neck gap is also sitting on it's landing gear.

The box art does look cool I'll admit! The Yamato and Arcadia boxes have all looked quite average till now. But its a shame most of the boxes will be packed away out of sight once the Valks are taken out for display! Then again I wouldn't mind even if the box was a plain cardboard brown! As long as they get the Zero-D as perfect as they possibly can instead!

I just realised how all of the fins and (vertical?) stabilizers make it look so coherent and awesome from the front shot in the box art.

It mirrors the VF-4 in a way. All of its fins and wings have the same angles as each other, too. (this is actually quite stealthy in practice, though I'm pretty sure that wasn't in mind when Kawamori made the VF-4)

what are these meant to be on the upper fuselage? conformal tanks or something? Not that I mind them being there or anything but im curious what the Zero would look like without them.. or if they were smaller..

Yeah - and you can take them off the current zeros. Also, the VF-1s have them, although substantially smaller.

what are these meant to be on the upper fuselage? conformal tanks or something? Not that I mind them being there or anything but im curious what the Zero would look like without them.. or if they were smaller..

attachicon.gifZero-D pic.jpg

Here ya go, early F-14:

F-14A_Tomcat_prototype_in_flight_in_1973

(yes, the shadows are exaggerating their size, but it makes them easy to see)

Here ya go, early F-14:

F-14A_Tomcat_prototype_in_flight_in_1973

(yes, the shadows are exaggerating their size, but it makes them easy to see)

ahhh yes! great photo! you can see where the inspiration for the VF-1 & VF-0 came from eh.. The F-14 is a beautiful bird! Shame they retired them..

although I think Iran still operates them..

i know this is herasy, but i always loved the Zeros over the VF-1's. Its like all the cool bits of the 1's with all the detail of modern Macross works.

The 0D is gorgeous.

I do see your point and I have to say that many aspects of the Zero, the "D" in particular make the it look like an evolution of the VF-1 to a point where it appears almost out of chronological order..

Yes the Zero-D is gorgeous! :D

Edited by spanner76