Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Very nice. I have been admiring the Orguss from afar. Taking all of my willpower to not get the Hi-Spec.

Get one sir! You won't regret spending Y30000 for one. Not like some early Y30000 Valk from certain known company that has some loose broken hip joints. ^_^

Just so you know, I'm still looking forward to that company's reissues and Reactive Armor. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

Get one sir! You won't regret spending Y30000 for one. Not like some early Y30000 Valk from certain known company that has some loose broken hip joints. ^_^

Just so you know, I'm still looking forward to that company's reissues and Reactive Armor. ;)

You sir are quite the enabler :). If it wasn't for the fact that I only have moths in my wallet right now (this past month or so has been brutal with the number of expensive releases for what I collect) it would be in my cart. If I am lucky enough for it to still be available later this year it will be mine.

Pass.

Thanks!

MLs are cheap (although I think still overpriced for what they are unless bought on sale) and do the job for a lot of characters but I wish more companies that put better effort into their figures could make comic versions. I'm not into movie style myself so I'm not into the Marvel SHF stuff but the Sentinal Re:Edit armors are incredible figures and I'm looking into a few more key characters from Mezco.

Yeah MLs has much more variety just like the 3.75" line. If there were SHF X-Men figures, I'd definitely buy them.

B4F1F0A4-878D-4C1D-82DA-38B2B6AC3B73.jpg

0529F194-DB1F-43AF-8C5C-0969157703CC.jpg

A98359C0-54EF-440C-A0D8-6897DB9A2470.jpg

BF1ED83E-E668-4F21-92C0-29668DD8B116.jpg

Ah I see you went with the competition, I have DX-9 Mightron on the way myself. Despotron looks really great from certain angles, and not so much others, plus I wasn't a fan of his head. Either way, both are probably going to be far superior to whatever Takara puts out and calls their Megs 2.0.

This is so tough! I have Apollyon, but he is such a fiddly bore to transform he is pretty much a paper weight. Leaning heavily towards DX9, but both of the new 3rd party Megatron's look like so much fun to transform!

<snip>

Great Despotron pics, anubis20. My copy should be arriving today too and I'm looking forward to MT's stylized/dynamic look. I've seen other pics of him standing with MP-10 and they look good together. Also, since I have more than one MP-10, I'm also down for picking up more than one Megatron, but I'm still debating which company I'll go with. That will be a tough decision with all the new choices. ^_^

Thankfully, my memories of Apollyon are fading.

This is so tough! I have Apollyon, but he is such a fiddly bore to transform he is pretty much a paper weight. Leaning heavily towards DX9, but both of the new 3rd party Megatron's look like so much fun to transform!

I don't think either look anywhere near as good as Apollyon and mine is solid so the only one I'm interested is the possible MP V2. But between MT and DX9, I think MT's looks better overall and the transformation blew me away. Plus, the look is more of a reimagining so I think it gets away with not looking as accurate while DX9's is obviously trying to be more accurate but fails from the neck down. DX9's does have a lovely mug and the arm and leg collapsing is pretty cool.

Ah I see you went with the competition, I have DX-9 Mightron on the way myself. Despotron looks really great from certain angles, and not so much others, plus I wasn't a fan of his head. Either way, both are probably going to be far superior to whatever Takara puts out and calls their Megs 2.0.

The head from the DX9 is far superior but i had to go with MT since i love their style. Either way theyre both pretty good.

Great Despotron pics, anubis20. My copy should be arriving today too and I'm looking forward to MT's stylized/dynamic look. I've seen other pics of him standing with MP-10 and they look good together. Also, since I have more than one MP-10, I'm also down for picking up more than one Megatron, but I'm still debating which company I'll go with. That will be a tough decision with all the new choices. ^_^

Thankfully, my memories of Apollyon are fading.

Thats the same thought i had so i'll own this one and the Takara 2.0 just because i have to have the official one.

For some weird reason, I cant upload the Phobe photo of the GBP armor with Missile effect. I won it at YAJ last month and after more than a month of waiting, I finally got it.

It is supposed to be brand new but I dont know how/where to check if a Yamato packaging is truly MISB or Bnew. Will further inspect it later. :wub:

gallery_21587_791_223287.jpg

This came today.

Also preordered 3 HMR VF-1J Milia's this morning.

I'd probably need at least three sets of hands to count how many times I've come across this set wanting to buy it only to decide against it.. and once again here it is haunting me! I have noticed that they are becoming a lot less available than they were even 12 months ago! might have to have another look around.. :/

I'd probably need at least three sets of hands to count how many times I've come across this set wanting to buy it only to decide against it.. and once again here it is haunting me! I have noticed that they are becoming a lot less available than they were even 12 months ago! might have to have another look around.. :/

For some reason I have two of those Miria sets. :wacko:

Finally opened my Arcadia 1S (since I was approaching the 10 day HLJ deadline) and I gotta say she looks spectacular in the Arcadia gleaming white! Just needs a panel wash and she's good to go! Now if she just had a rainbow canopy... :)

Pop quiz: Are those the Arcadia strike parts or did I put on a set of Yamato strike parts? :o

arcadia%20vf-1s%2001_zps3ihjuice.jpg

I've had this for some time, but I was cleaning my desktop and thought I'd share one of my most prized Macross-related items. :)

mayn%202014_zpsxlffpqqy.jpg

Finally opened my Arcadia 1S (since I was approaching the 10 day HLJ deadline) and I gotta say she looks spectacular in the Arcadia gleaming white! Just needs a panel wash and she's good to go! Now if she just had a rainbow canopy... :)

Pop quiz: Are those the Arcadia strike parts or did I put on a set of Yamato strike parts? :o

arcadia%20vf-1s%2001_zps3ihjuice.jpg

I've had this for some time, but I was cleaning my desktop and thought I'd share one of my most prized Macross-related items. :)

mayn%202014_zpsxlffpqqy.jpg

A May'N autograph?Damn,where did you get this? :o

looks mad! and very pose-able! cool looking extreme action pose! B))

Yep, you can get some really dynamic poses from the fig, I am impressed with it. Its been slow on any new toys, not much stuff got released this year that I collect. I am looking forward to December. :)

Very nice, by MT?

Yes, by MT their Cross Dimensional line.

Edited by Saburo

Yeah I'm trying to get a few extras of things just in case they later become harder to find or more expensive.

Man, I really need to get the old Yamato Queadluun-Rau and possibly some of those Milia figures. Prices didn't seem too bad for the Queadluun-Rau but...I'd be willing to pay around $100 for a used one in good condition.

I'd army build some 1/60 Q-Raus but I'll wait to see what is offered through HMR.

What is this mech? Is it from a series? Not familiar with it, but looks good.

It's a TSF (Tactical Surface Fighter) from the visual novel "MuvLuv:(Ultimate) & (Alternative)". First muv luv was a regular sex VN, but then they did a alternate universe spinoff with mechs that everyone loved, so now it has a manga, a few anime series not focused on the VN story, and model kits from Kotobukiya and toys from a few other producers.

Edited by Metal Man

*snip*

You can't tell in an instant actually. Unless you pop out the cover of the missile bay to see the white missiles. Other way to see the hue difference is in certain angles.