Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

For some reason I have two of those Miria sets. :wacko:

Finally opened my Arcadia 1S (since I was approaching the 10 day HLJ deadline) and I gotta say she looks spectacular in the Arcadia gleaming white! Just needs a panel wash and she's good to go! Now if she just had a rainbow canopy... :)

Pop quiz: Are those the Arcadia strike parts or did I put on a set of Yamato strike parts? :o

I've had this for some time, but I was cleaning my desktop and thought I'd share one of my most prized Macross-related items. :)

wanna sell me one of those sets for cheap! hehe! joking..

VF-1S looks sweet! but this is a DYRL ver. yes? meaning Arcadia released them in the brighter white rather than the off white?

kinda does but I wonder what the quality of the material its made from is like..?

There's one on Mandarake.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/DetailPage/item?itemCode=1045286670&ref=listāŒ©=en

Other places might have deals on it.

this is another set I have pondered over many times but never pulled the trigger on.. what are they like in terms of build quality, accuracy and detail? Asking prices for them are reasonable I guess..

A May'N autograph?Damn,where did you get this? :o

From one of her concerts I attended awhile back. So much better than any of the Walkure. :wub:

You can't tell in an instant actually. Unless you pop out the cover of the missile bay to see the white missiles. Other way to see the hue difference is in certain angles.

What angles do you speak of, sir? I actually can't tell at a glance either. Maybe if I put both under a bright light...

wanna sell me one of those sets for cheap! hehe! joking..

VF-1S looks sweet! but this is a DYRL ver. yes? meaning Arcadia released them in the brighter white rather than the off white?

this is another set I have pondered over many times but never pulled the trigger on.. what are they like in terms of build quality, accuracy and detail? Asking prices for them are reasonable I guess..

It's that gleaming white with slight pink/purplish hue that you sometimes see in like Bandai model kits that also are molded in a blindingly bright white (like the 1/72 VF-25 kit). Honestly, I don't really notice it at all, unless I have it sitting under a bright lamp next to an older Yamato VF-1. :p

The Yamato Queadluun Rau is a huge, imposing toy, but it's not particularly detailed. Build quality is solid enough, but in terms of detail it's essentially an oversized Robot Spirits Queadluun Rea with movable fingers and a removable pilot.

med_gallery_25404_831_146741.jpg

So excited i got this guy!

gallery_25404_831_133902.jpg

And finally got this one too, what's not to love??

Nice haul. I see what you did there, making it seem like the HM VF-19 is larger and more impressive than the Yamato. :D

Got some new goodies in, Senintel Rockman/Megaman is pretty neat. The Robot Spirits ANIME line continues to impress, the RX-77 is awesome, and the extra face and dialogue tiles with stands is a pretty neat little bonus, I got a set with my Gouf too.

post-12821-0-05072600-1474258381_thumb.jpg

I'm really loving these FansToys MP Dinobots, to me these define what third party is capable of, and you really feel like you get your monies worth. That all said apparently this whole new re-issue of Soar/Swoop have a factory issue out of the box, the neck was assembled incorrectly in one spot so the head doesn't sit perfectly flush in either mode, not a pretty sight. Luckily FansToys is aware of the issue and BBTS already notified me I'll be getting new parts as soon as they arrive. Pretty bad mess up, it's not just the toon version, every new re-issue Soar no matter the color variant was sent out wrong. Still an amazing figure, I've got Scoria/Slag re-issue on pre-order too, gotta collect them all.

post-12821-0-14251100-1474258436_thumb.jpg

Got some new goodies in, Senintel Rockman/Megaman is pretty neat. The Robot Spirits ANIME line continues to impress, the RX-77 is awesome, and the extra face and dialogue tiles with stands is a pretty neat little bonus, I got a set with my Gouf too.

attachicon.gif20160918_201046.jpg

I'm really loving these FansToys MP Dinobots, to me these define what third party is capable of, and you really feel like you get your monies worth. That all said apparently this whole new re-issue of Soar/Swoop have a factory issue out of the box, the neck was assembled incorrectly in one spot so the head doesn't sit perfectly flush in either mode, not a pretty sight. Luckily FansToys is aware of the issue and BBTS already notified me I'll be getting new parts as soon as they arrive. Pretty bad mess up, it's not just the toon version, every new re-issue Soar no matter the color variant was sent out wrong. Still an amazing figure, I've got Scoria/Slag re-issue on pre-order too, gotta collect them all.

attachicon.gif20160918_201138.jpg

Yea the FT dinos are pretty good. Stomp is amazing and the quality is way above the previous releases. Im excited for them to release their Grimlock, only downside with FT is that they take forever to release stuff.

So excited i got this guy!

gallery_25404_831_133902.jpg

And finally got this one too, what's not to love??

I know this isn't the 1:60 toy but seeing this just adds to my ever growing regret not buying the Arcadia VF-19 FIre Valkyrie with sound booster re-issue.. been looking around for one but they are quite rare and expensive. :cray:

What angles do you speak of, sir? I actually can't tell at a glance either. Maybe if I put both under a bright light...

Yeah. Put it under bright light, you will see the difference. ;)

I know this isn't the 1:60 toy but seeing this just adds to my ever growing regret not buying the Arcadia VF-19 FIre Valkyrie with sound booster re-issue.. been looking around for one but they are quite rare and expensive. :cray:

PM'ed you sir. Hope it helps. :rolleyes:

not really a purchase as such.. more of a trade actually! and not Macross related but im still excited about it!

I traded my 1:18 TSM Tyrrell P34 six wheeler F1 car (Silverstone Trophy Race edition) for three other cars..

I got a 1980 Marlboro HDT Brock 05 Commodore, 1977 Bill Paterson Racing L34 Brock 05 Torana and an Autoart C7 Z06 Corvette. All in the same 1:18 scale of course..

The Commodore is very cool, the Corvette is beautiful but dang that Torana is just gorgeous!

Even though im not actively collecting model cars, I couldn't resist this deal and seeing its the 10th anniversary of Peter Brock's untimely death, I figured a few more his cars in my collection would be an ideal tribute to such a great man and legend of Australian motor racing!

Its still hard to believe he isn't with us and that its been 10 years since we lost him! Where do the years go..?

post-21335-0-65768800-1474532444_thumb.jpg

Edited by spanner

what's the general consensus on Figma figures? Well made? Worth the price? I'm just now starting to look into some of them like that Mk43 Iron Man and such.

Well, besides all these things being overpriced, given the market, I think they are worth it if you like the design and character you get. I have no interest in MCU style figures since I'm all about the comic designs but as a quality figure, Figma is great. I will say they seem to excel more in natural human look characters, as in not completely armored or robot figures. Doesn't mean they can't do those types, just means they are better than most others when it comes to the face/skin exposed figures.

what's the general consensus on Figma figures? Well made? Worth the price? I'm just now starting to look into some of them like that Mk43 Iron Man and such.

I have several of them (although not any of the iron man figures) and love every one. I have not regretted any of the purchases or the money I spent on them. They come with a good assortment of accessories, great articulation, they include a stand to help get the most out of the articulation, durable (haven't had anything, including the accessories, break on mine), hold their poses well (haven't had any issues with loose joints or degradation of joint friction over time), and have very clean paint applications.

I would highly recommend them. Those iron man figures look like they have some fabulous paint work.

Figmas are quite good. They look spot on and thet have a great assorment of accesories. My only gripe is that they are kinda expensive for their size. If they were 20 bucks less (around 40-50) it would ve a better deal.

Still haven't had time to setup my new Macross display. In the meantime, finally picked up this set and my 3 year old daughter put it together for us:

Lego_Spiderman_Ghost%20Rider_DSC04299_zpLego_Spiderman_Ghost%20Rider_DSC04300_zp

Cool. I would love to get Lego figures of an X-Men team but once I start collecting Lego I might not stop.

thanks, I ordered one from that one (dodgy?) site you sent me, if it is a bust, i will be at your mercy man!

I must have bought one from their store after you then. They are legit though.

not really a purchase as such.. more of a trade actually! and not Macross related but im still excited about it!

I traded my 1:18 TSM Tyrrell P34 six wheeler F1 car (Silverstone Trophy Race edition) for three other cars..

I got a 1980 Marlboro HDT Brock 05 Commodore, 1977 Bill Paterson Racing L34 Brock 05 Torana and an Autoart C7 Z06 Corvette. All in the same 1:18 scale of course..

The Commodore is very cool, the Corvette is beautiful but dang that Torana is just gorgeous!

Even though im not actively collecting model cars, I couldn't resist this deal and seeing its the 10th anniversary of Peter Brock's untimely death, I figured a few more his cars in my collection would be an ideal tribute to such a great man and legend of Australian motor racing!

Its still hard to believe he isn't with us and that its been 10 years since we lost him! Where do the years go..?

attachicon.gif20160922_175657.jpg

Cool cars. Most of my 1/18 cars are still boxed up.

Received these two yesterday

attachicon.gifDSC_0308.JPG

Scott/Stick and Annie figures to display with my other Mospeada figures.

Nice little figures. They go well with the collection.

Cool. I would love to get Lego figures of an X-Men team but once I start collecting Lego I might not stop.

I must have bought one from their store after you then. They are legit though.

Yeah, Legos are as addicting to collect as anything. I've got boxes full of sets to put together with more on my want list.

What shady store is this mentioned?

Here is my most recent Macross toy, the VF-1S along with a couple others mounted on the wall thanks to Yeti!

Macross_DSC04322_zpshmpfrlw8.jpg

Macross_DSC04321_zps35jmk3rt.jpg

Oh, my brother got me that Ghostrider last month. Haven't opened it yet, as I'm trying to stay away from Lego. And I have the original Catwoman and bike still unopened. I bought that for a rainy day and it got buried away.

Anyway...

IMG_8589_zpsvc5paalz.jpg

And thinking about that Prime.

Edited by koonfasa

Yeah, Legos are as addicting to collect as anything. I've got boxes full of sets to put together with more on my want list.

What shady store is this mentioned?

Here is my most recent Macross toy, the VF-1S along with a couple others mounted on the wall thanks to Yeti!

Macross_DSC04322_zpshmpfrlw8.jpg

Macross_DSC04321_zps35jmk3rt.jpg

Nose dive! ;)

Found this guy waiting on the mailbox

attachicon.gifDSC_0311.JPG

I'm really curious on that figure ever since. But I still find the bike unproportioned during bike mode.

Maketoys Striker Manus and Figuarts Whis. Striker Manus is pure win one of the most fun toys ive gotten this year.44983B4A-56DA-4D4F-80F5-14FF10814304.jpg

I am very tempted to get Striker Magus. It looks fun and has been getting a lot of good reviews.

Yea definitely give it a shot, its a really good figure.

Today's arrivals

EB25CE3A-0D23-4678-8381-3533D8205684.jpg