Jump to content

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.


Gakken85

Recommended Posts

On 10/7/2018 at 5:50 PM, Foblander said:

The silver lining is Macross toys hold their value pretty well and can increase in value. I don't feel as bad buying Macross toys knowing I can offload them at close to what I paid if I needed funds :)

Unless you happen to own a Yamato 1/60 V1 and a Toynami MPC Ben Dixon, I am almost certain these investments have lost value for me. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Duymon said:

The P-Bandai Hustle is real. Oh, and a YF-19

1217737589_20181009_123426_HDR2.thumb.jpg.4b1be15791bd751d01483cd4ae23cb20.jpg

Nice! I am still waiting to get my Shield Booters and Hrududu sets. I should have pick faster shipping from NY. If you get a chance to attached the Hrududu to the Hazels I would love to know if the fighter securely attaches. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, spanner said:

2013 Russell Ingall, Ryan Briscoe Supercheap Auto Holden VF V8 Supercar by Biante.

Nice, but I'm sure it wasn't as "supercheap" as it claims to be...  :unsure:

693407873_Mikeyonskateboard.thumb.jpg.446c9679912db4fd7ec92d21feb825eb.jpg

I finally found the perfect skateboard for Revoltech Mikey!  :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, General Rasp said:

Nice! I am still waiting to get my Shield Booters and Hrududu sets. I should have pick faster shipping from NY. If you get a chance to attached the Hrududu to the Hazels I would love to know if the fighter securely attaches. 

Looking at the instructions it will be super secure because it's like Bandai's Macross Kits where the super parts are all parts swaps. 

You'll be swapping in a new chest to the Hazel in order to mount the Hruduru. Luckily I predicted this and got an extra Hazel so I don't have to take apart my built one lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, grymg said:

Finally found this at Walmart, had to ask for it though.

FullSizeRender.jpg

edit: I dropped by my local Walmart after work and to my surprise, they had 5 on the shelf. Debated with myself whether I should get one or two, but at $74 it was a little bit too expensive for me. (Voice in head: would you rather spend the extra $74 on a G1 reissue, or save it for another valk?)

Edited by rdrunner
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/8/2018 at 3:53 PM, Slave IV said:

Haha, that is pretty sweet

Thanks.  If I did collect more Funko Pops, the collecting would probably get way out of control.  I saw a nice looking Spider-Ham Pop at Walgreens but luckily I didn’t want it.

6 hours ago, grymg said:

Finally found this at Walmart, had to ask for it though.

FullSizeRender.jpg

That looks cool.  If Walmart or anywhere else releases any G1 Transformers that haven’t been reissued, I’ll definitely buy them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@grymg, that Devastator looks great. Those G1 reissues really bring back memories. I had the separate Constructicons, but I remember getting the gift set for the Aerialbots.

Is it a WalMart exclusive? And is there something on the packaging that clarifies it’s a reissue? I’ve seen those reissues for a while but never was sure what made them different from the originals.

Edited by ScrambledValkyrie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Can’t wait for the inevitable Kampfer robot spirits...am hoping Bandai also has the other GMs for a complete 0080 collection ...

Am waiting for my super O and GM too from cdj...still stuck in jp..

Same here, I'm all in for all the 0080 releases.  I'm hoping 0083 will come next!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

@grymg, that Devastator looks great. Those G1 reissues really bring back memories. I had the separate Constructicons, but I remember getting the gift set for the Aerialbots.

Is it a WalMart exclusive? And is there something on the packaging that clarifies it’s a reissue? I’ve seen those reissues for a while but never was sure what made them different from the originals.

I haven't really paid too much in regards to Walmart's TF G1 Re-issue, as a link from the TFW2005 forums might help you out and note that its quite lengthy.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/walmart-exclusive-g1-devastator-gift-set-reissue-g1-starscream-g1-legion-pack.1155632/

It's the re-release of the G1 TFs that has graced the shelves in the NA market with the re-print of the G1 packaging (in tri-lingual this time) for us that grew in the 80's era of the animated series and has collected the toys ever since.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Same here, I'm all in for all the 0080 releases.  I'm hoping 0083 will come next!

Am also hoping for something from that series, but waiting for a MB....

I would also bite on a robot spirits on 0083, if they included lots of accessories which so far in the 0080, except the GM, they seem to have...

Edited by seti88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2018 at 5:56 AM, tekering said:

Nice, but I'm sure it wasn't as "supercheap" as it claims to be...  :unsure:

693407873_Mikeyonskateboard.thumb.jpg.446c9679912db4fd7ec92d21feb825eb.jpg

I finally found the perfect skateboard for Revoltech Mikey!  :D

Great shot! How do you like these guys? Do you have all four? I really enjoyed this cartoon (2012), but grew up with the 90s cartoon. I prefer this aesthetic. 

Id appreciate your thoughts on these guys if you have some time. I'm thinking about picking all four up. They didnt make a Shredder?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

@grymg, that Devastator looks great. Those G1 reissues really bring back memories. I had the separate Constructicons, but I remember getting the gift set for the Aerialbots.

Is it a WalMart exclusive? And is there something on the packaging that clarifies it’s a reissue? I’ve seen those reissues for a while but never was sure what made them different from the originals.

Yup Walmart exclusives in addition to reissue Hot Rod, Starscream, and some minibots.  

The last Devy was the Japanese Encore release, it had a different deco close to the cartoon colors, but I've heard it didn't tab together quite well in combined mode.  This reissue though tabs together well.  It doesn't have quite the heft of the original due to the cheaper plastic used but is pretty solid.  I did stress the hip connector piece but I don't think you can avoid it because the tabs are so thin.  The box also looks great but it's in matte cardboard, not gloss like the Encore or OG.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, grymg said:

Yup Walmart exclusives in addition to reissue Hot Rod, Starscream, and some minibots.  

The last Devy was the Japanese Encore release, it had a different deco close to the cartoon colors, but I've heard it didn't tab together quite well in combined mode.  This reissue though tabs together well.  It doesn't have quite the heft of the original due to the cheaper plastic used but is pretty solid.  I did stress the hip connector piece but I don't think you can avoid it because the tabs are so thin.  The box also looks great but it's in matte cardboard, not gloss like the Encore or OG.  

yeah I thought the Devy reissue seemed lighter than I remember from 30+ years ago, but wasn't sure if that was just my imagination.

Anyway, my daughter spotted my purchase, and long story short, devy is now standing in combined mode next to her massive cutie cars collection...:rofl:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Infinite Justice just came in yesterday. 

20181011_212819.thumb.jpg.3a0f16dff5c4d94a42372aa692623916.jpg

20181012_070238.thumb.jpg.b19d881e57b3071788f361c33af7e9c5.jpg

Also loving the GM Cold Type from the A.N.I.M.E line. The elbows and calf have hidden panels that get sucked in for crazy poses. It remains me of the Sentinel releases but something you can handle easily. I want to pick another two. 

20180927_131230.thumb.jpg.f5ff3b20156d38a0be10b532c8e05af8.jpg

20180927_131322.thumb.jpg.93acc7207dbbdb1199de6475efbc6d3e.jpg

Can't wait for the Kamfper and Z-Gok E, both would be awesome to see in this line. Looking forward to the Hy-Gogg and GM Sniper II. And totally agree that there should 0083 suits in this line. I highly recommend the Cold Type to anyone that like 0080 or GMs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...