Whats your 1 wish for Arcadia

Faisaijin

Meh, never really cared for the size of the 1/48. I sold all of mine except for (1) of the original VF-1A Low Visibility and a recently acquired Chronicle Exclusive TV Max VF-1A. And if they're gonna be in the ballpark of $ 500 then pass.

Even with a idea of improvements of a v3 1/60 line I'd much rather have some cool paint schemes or something "new" from a game or other source for the existing line. The idea of re-collecting a slew of VF-1's from Arcadia at this point in time has zero appeal to me.

-b.

I've never owned a Hik 1J in 1/60....I hope that's next?

Probably... and then Max and Miria.

Arcadia might skip on the VF-1A cannon fodder though since it's last iteration is still available in some stores.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

I've never owned a Hik 1J in 1/60....I hope that's next?

I hope its in the line too, as i missed my old one (ah damn why did i sell it -.- ). My dream is that Arcadia will give us a mega bundle 1J with GBP, Fast packs and a stand. Now THAT i'd buy and faint or vice versa

Reivaj...where are those scenes of the Fire Valkyrie launching from the Quarter from?

Macross FB7 trailer or one of the song trailers. I think it's the sheryl ranka duet of a new song or fire bomber song. Can't really remember. Youtube FB7 and you'll find it.

The intro of Macross 7 showed a very glossy VF-19 Kai

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbMLfwZcKHM

I doubt Arcadia has any plans for a v3 VF-1, I believe Yamato saw the v2 1/60 VF-1 the best VF-1 rendition considering they were releasing every known scheme of the VF-1 before they went bust, it was so liked that it's sorta taken as the new VF-1 lineart, as seen in the Pachinko game Macross animations. Since Arcadia is a continuation of Yamato and are keeping up what Graham hinted they were working on, I don't think a new VF-1 is planned, at least for a very very long time and people start asking for it.

If Bandai releases a VF-1 DX better than Yamarcadia, I don't think it would have the status of the Yammies to try to collect them all and I doubt they could pull it off.

Bandai is too stupid to realize that if they do a 1/60 PT VF-2J/SS with SAP, people would go nuts for it instead of trying to make more VF-1's, silly Bandai and their greedy tunnel vision.

If Bandai releases a VF-1 DX better than Yamarcadia, I don't think it would have the status of the Yammies to try to collect them all and I doubt they could pull it off.

Bandai is too stupid to realize that if they do a 1/60 PT VF-2J/SS with SAP, people would go nuts for it instead of trying to make more VF-1's, silly Bandai and their greedy tunnel vision.

I agree that if Bandai did a DX VF-1 they would never do it like Yamato did. They would give us a few releases and move on. For a company like Bandai it takes a lot more for them to prioritize a release over other things in the pipeline. Yamato didn't really have that problem. For them repaints were how the factory was kept busy. For that reason, I do hope Arcadia gives us a V3 some day rather than a DX. If it takes a DX to see the next evolution of VF-1 toys then I'm all for that.

I think a lot of people are saying "I'm pretty happy with my V2, I wouldn't go nuts for a V3" but I suspect that tune would change unless the only thing they really cared about was fighter mode.

As to a VF-2J/SS, the people who would go nuts for it is a tiny percentage of the people who would purchase yet another VF-1, even if that VF-1 weren't done particularly well. If anyone is going to do anything beyond gashapon with Mac II it's going to have to be Arcadia because it's going to be an incredibly expensive toy with incredibly limited sales numbers.

I might be happy to buy a V3 VF-1. I would have to see it to know. I know there are things on the V2 that can be fixed and things I wish that were. The only thing is I already own so many the thought of buying all new one's (because you know I have no self-control otherwise I wouldn't own 20 VF-1 repaints already) isn't appealing.

I kind of hope they do the VF-11Maxl just because it's pretty different, though I'm not a huge fan of the design. Gerwalk is probably the only mode I would leave it in unless Battroid were really fun to pose. I would be curious what new improvements to the relative 11 design they could come up with for the Maxl. Then again I'd take one of almost anything new they came out with.

I would add:

11) a mechanism to shorten the wings in Battroid-Mode

12) a mechanism to shorten the nosecone without leading to the priest collar

13) some panels to fill in the free space in the torso area (think of MP Lambor lower leg fillers)

14) a transformable cockpit with an egress hatch

15) new hard points on the wing that can either be replaced to have a clean underside or some kind of magnet connection

16) ... can't think of another thing right now ^_^

A way to get rid of the priest collar would be to just allow it to be pushed down into a cavity within the fuselage. There's plenty of space behind the cockpit to put the head assembly/collar on molded rails that can slide down into the fuselage.

Edited by sreichma

I agree that if Bandai did a DX VF-1 they would never do it like Yamato did. They would give us a few releases and move on. For a company like Bandai it takes a lot more for them to prioritize a release over other things in the pipeline. Yamato didn't really have that problem. For them repaints were how the factory was kept busy. For that reason, I do hope Arcadia gives us a V3 some day rather than a DX. If it takes a DX to see the next evolution of VF-1 toys then I'm all for that.

I think a lot of people are saying "I'm pretty happy with my V2, I wouldn't go nuts for a V3" but I suspect that tune would change unless the only thing they really cared about was fighter mode.

If Arcadia is to do a Vers3.0 VF-1, then personally, I would hope for a scale change to 1/72. A scale change to 1/72 would give me more reason to buy a Vers3.0 The current Vers2.0 is fine (IMPO) in the 1/60 scale. However, a toy in 1/72 scale is sorely needed as the only alternative in the scale is to build a non-transforming Hasegawa or a unsatisfactory transforming Bandai kit. Or find an ancient HCM.

If Bandai is going to do a DX VF-1, then the only way I see any of us getting excited for it is if they size up to say 1/35 scale. That way it would truly be something different and given the size and likely price, it would be just fine to have just a few releases and move on.

If Bandai is going to do a DX VF-1, then the only way I see any of us getting excited for it is if they size up to say 1/35 scale. That way it would truly be something different and given the size and likely price, it would be just fine to have just a few releases and move on.

I won't buy anything that big, period.

Ah the dream of 1/72 scale. I think you and I Vifam are in a definite minority. 1/72 is such a natural fit for the Macross universe. Unfortunately much of what I've dreamed of for a V3 would likely be impossible in a smaller scale (it was probably asking a lot for a 1/60). At 1/72 we'd probably just get a small version of the V2 and then what's the point? Besides, I think Bandai's Hi-Metal 1/100 line proved that size does matter for Macross purchasers. I don't think they want a VF-1 less than 1/60 because anything smaller is 'fiddily' and 'feels cheap' even if its a damn fine toy.

Ah the dream of 1/72 scale. I think you and I Vifam are in a definite minority. 1/72 is such a natural fit for the Macross universe. Unfortunately much of what I've dreamed of for a V3 would likely be impossible in a smaller scale (it was probably asking a lot for a 1/60). At 1/72 we'd probably just get a small version of the V2 and then what's the point? Besides, I think Bandai's Hi-Metal 1/100 line proved that size does matter for Macross purchasers. I don't think they want a VF-1 less than 1/60 because anything smaller is 'fiddily' and 'feels cheap' even if its a damn fine toy.

I thought Hi-Metals felt fine. They just had too many part-swapping bits and I had problems with the proportions in some modes. The VF-1's in particular are rather fun to pose in Battroid mode.

I'm an easy guy to please, so for my 1 wish is for Arcadia to release (or do a re-release, however you wanna look at it!) the Ostrich, the Elintseeker, the VF-1X and the Tomahawk Destroid. I never got around to picking these up the first time and would love to add them to my personal collection.

I'm an easy guy to please, so for my 1 wish is for Arcadia to release (or do a re-release, however you wanna look at it!) the Ostrich, the Elintseeker, the VF-1X and the Tomahawk Destroid. I never got around to picking these up the first time and would love to add them to my personal collection.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=40356 ;)

Someone asked on Twitter about an Alaska VF-1A, the response was "not yet decided".

But that MrK was hard at work getting the promotional photos for the new models together for WF.

Sounds like they have speculated about Alaska.

Need more Hasegawa designs!

Edited by skullmilitia

Someone asked on Twitter about an Alaska VF-1A, the response was "not yet decided".

But that MrK was hard at work getting the promotional photos for the new models together for WF.

Sounds like they have speculated about Alaska.

Need more Hasegawa designs!

The last MW podcast mentioned Arcadia's interest in what foreign customers were interested in from them....I think if we ever want to see stuff like the Alaska Base VF-1A and other more obscure valks....we need to either get them to read our various wish list threads and polls or formalize something to them.....maybe startup a new thread with top five fan-choice valks and them total up everyone's votes and send the list to Arcadia of the biggest vote-getters?

For anyone who is interested, we have all the 'latest' from Arcadia in our most recent podcast!

http://www.macrossworld.com/5921/macross-speakerpodcast-ep-11-the-hyogo-hammer-part-2/

...regarding SAVE's interview/meeting with Arcadia....will there be any follow-up with them regarding the proposed fan survey that was mentioned?

It was great to hear that the opinions/wants of Arcadia's foreign customers actually mattered to them.....

Interesting news, I wonder how much revenue they get from the foreign market compared to the Japanese market.

Really anxious to see what they will show on February AT WF.

If it weren't for Big West vs Harmony Gold debacle, we couldve seen more Macross stuff in the states and companies like Yamato/Arcadia would have bigger market to sell their products to stay afloat.

Those sneaky Harmony Gold..licensing whats not theirs and making money out of it ... all while keeping the original out of the competition and offering sub-par products from their end.

Edited by aaajin

I think I've finally decided what my 1 wish for Arcadia is: Macross The First Valks. I know they're just repaints with redesigned heads, but I really like the new paint jobs and new head designs, especially the -1J.

That said, the scrooge in my might not be willing to pay what Arcadia might charge for it.

Alaska base incoming?

BeAXd2XCUAAn9cA.jpg

https://twitter.com/Mrk_arcadia/status/423364166544412672/photo/1

Could someone translate? if so, could someone make him aware the green accent goes in the rudder and not on top ;)

EDIT: Mr_K said in his way its the Alaska base, somehow hinted it will be shown in WF (If I understood google traslate)

Edited by Valkyrie addict