Whats your 1 wish for Arcadia

Faisaijin

if they want to go the tampo printing route, minmay guard is a good candidate for them to show off how far they could go in terms of tampo printing intricacy.

As for enigma, change the plastic dye to low-vis grey & print/tampo/spray two shades of greys. Shouldn't be too hard if it were part-by-part procedures, like what they did on the 30th valk.

The Alaskan base scheme may be too bland..even for Macross fanbase, let alone others. I agree with MJ, they need to come up with a sure-hit valk scheme/design or risk the company's future direction in this venture.

*But news on new molds is pretty exciting!

I want an Alaska Base but not if they use the bright-ass green as seen here and here. Why the bright green? Looks a lot darker here. And don't tell me it's because it's night time in that last pic, because those valkyries are white, not gray. :)

Yeah it should be spruce green.

Yep - has to be a nice, military darker green, like in the screen cap.

But with them going with 'bright snow white' for the valks does not inspire confidence they will choose wisely with the green . . .

But all of the Valks in SDFM are already 'bright snow white.'

True - so that is one reason I am not really bummed. Their M&Ms will match my other TV valks as you point out..

But its a pure head-scratcher for me that given the choice to go with one way -- they chose the bright white.

These are military killing machines no?

And the anniversary 1J was a poor decision IMO, and now Alaska? Their choices seem awkward.

But an M&M soon will get me stoked, and get a pre-order. Bring 'em on Arcadia!

A Phalanx and Spartan would also have me singing their praises . . .

True - so that is one reason I am not really bummed. Their M&Ms will match my other TV valks as you point out..

But its a pure head-scratcher for me that given the choice to go with one way -- they chose the bright white.

These are military killing machines no?

You would have to take that up with Kawamori then.

If you google 'macross hasegawa box art' all those look great - or just note the flying skull-1 at the top of this forum.

Then you add in the fact that the bright snow white will likely yellow worse over time --- and it leaves me wishing all Yamato and Arcadia valks would have been interpreted a little more rugged . . .

I think the bright white makes it look more like an "Action figure" and less like a "Toy" that is emulating a model. Which is what Yamato was trying to do. Toys that looks as good as kits.

That's why I thought the bright white for TV valks was genius, it made them look more "cartoony", a cell animation vs a real life mech.

I would prefer a slightly darker shade of white too, but it won't keep me from buying Valks I really want.

macross-dyrl.png

With dyrl you have a lot more shadow and detail, and it's def not a glowing white just by the nature of a higher quality animation.

My 1 wish would be to use the proper plastic chemicals when making white plastic. I have one VF-1A from Yamato that one entire wing and some landing gear parts are yellowed from being exposed partially to sunlight.

I keep all the rest of my Yamatos factory sealed in a dark closet with each window facing eachother on a shelf so that no light will get in.

Bandai reissues I have never had this problem with.

We need M&Ms with a TWIST: Max's VF-1S from DYRL and a conceptual red bodied VF-1S with white and black skull squadron trim as opposed to the normal scheme of white with yellow+black trim. We HAVE art of what Milia looks like in a DYRL? flight suit from the PSP games, so why not?

Whatever its coming in WF, I just hope it's new stuff and things we've been asking for a while (TV and Super/strike parts, SDF-1, VF-1J M&M)

I got the VF-1S Roy and Hikaru mostly to support them, overjoyed by the new YF-19 but I don't want another re-release with a stand and decals.

I fully support Arcadia but I don't want to feel like this anymore.

tumblr_makbiqY2Sa1rpmaodo1_500.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

From the twitter it looks like there's around 4 perfect transformation releases

That will be announced and a entirely new mold is one.

i was glad you asked Mr. K if he was considering a minmay guard repaint. also i liked the fact you attached pictures to make sure he understood your tweet :D

https://twitter.com/Skullmilitia/status/424039387131682816/photo/1

i wanted to know his thoughts as well, about hasegawa repaints.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

4 paint schemes and a new mold is disappointing?

I dont know where to find his response, but did he indicate that the 4 paint schemes were all purely VF-1's? I think that some may be disappointed because of that understanding and hence the 4 were not re-releases/repaints of other VFs like the VF-4 etc.

Guest davidwhangchoi

4 paint schemes and a new mold is disappointing?

it was Mr. K's response of doing a minmay guard paint scheme :(

@Skullmilitia ミンメイガードは昔、1度検討していた事がありました。 しかし商品にはなりませんでした。今後についてはもう少し様子を見る感じですね。

"Minmay Guard" had been examined once in old times.
However, it did not become a commodity. As for the future, it is feeling to wait and see."
Edited by davidwhangchoi