Whats your 1 wish for Arcadia

Faisaijin

My wish is on the articluation side of design. 2 things are missing. First, a joint in the torso that can bend or at least have one click for bending and the second is waist articulation.

I guess a third wish would be for a gloss option. I love the matte finish of Yamato, but I'd really like to see a 1/60 VF-1 done in the plastic and gloss Bandai uses for its DX Valks. Anyone know what the difference in the two is?

I think waist articulation is capable in Arcadia ever does a v3 VF-1.

Just make a ball joint where the nose meets the cockpit. Recess the ball of the cockpit into the socket in the nose

Section. Then just use a telescoping rod for the main connector so when the nose joint is moved,

The main rod can respond with telescoping length.

If they ever do of course.

Still it's very hard to think of anything better than the V2.

+1 on the Gloss.

Edited by skullmilitia

..Anyone know what the difference in the two is?

If you're asking what the difference is between Bandai's semi-gloss/gloss Frontier DXs and everything 1/60 from Yamato/Arcadia (excluding the super-gloss VF-19s), the answer is: The mold surfaces of the injection mold tooling; the particular grade/quality/type of ABS used, or any other plastic for that matter, is irrelevant. In order for any manufacturer to give you a choice of purchasing either a matte or a gloss version of the same product, ex.: a VF-1, would require the toy maker to invest in two separate sets of tooling for the same toy; one set, with mirror polished internal cavities, if used, would produce glossy parts for a glossy toy, and the duplicate set of molds, with etched cavities, would generate matte parts for a matte toy. Everything would have to be doubled: two sets of mold tools; two concurrent production lines, or staggered runs (double the set up and manufacturing times); two separate parts storage set-ups to keep gloss and matte apart prior to assembly; two independent assembly lines, etc.; the logistics alone are mind boggling.

Edited by mechaninac

1/60 F-14A+ Tomcat Kai in Shin Kudo colors anyone? ANYONE? >u>

I'd take a mig-29 with that too. I am surprised there were no Sukhoi variants in Macross Zero. I would buy the non transforming fighters as long as they give us maximum gimmicks and high detail.

If you're asking what the difference is between Bandai's semi-gloss/gloss Frontier DXs and everything 1/60 from Yamato/Arcadia (excluding the super-gloss VF-19s), the answer is: The mold surfaces of the injection mold tooling; the particular grade/quality/type of ABS used, or any other plastic for that matter, is irrelevant. In order for any manufacturer to give you a choice of purchasing either a matte or a gloss version of the same product, ex.: a VF-1, would require the toy maker to invest in two separate sets of tooling for the same toy; one set, with mirror polished internal cavities, if used, would produce glossy parts for a glossy toy, and the duplicate set of molds, with etched cavities, would generate matte parts for a matte toy. Everything would have to be doubled: two sets of mold tools; two concurrent production lines, or staggered runs (double the set up and manufacturing times); two separate parts storage set-ups to keep gloss and matte apart prior to assembly; two independent assembly lines, etc.; the logistics alone are mind boggling.

does that mean they did two seperate production lines, molds, etc for the high gloss 19? I've never seen it before, I'm going to track one down to check it out.

1/60 F-14A+ Tomcat Kai in Shin Kudo colors anyone? ANYONE? >u>

I'd buy a Shin Kudo F-14 in a heartbeat.

does that mean they did two seperate production lines, molds, etc for the high gloss 19? I've never seen it before, I'm going to track one down to check it out.

Mechaninac didn't mean that and in fact they didn't. Unless you've seen a matte Yamato VF-19, in which case I will ask you to tell me where, because I would be very interested in having it ^_^

In the sense that all VF-19s from Yamato use different parts from, say, the VF-17, of course they had their own molds and production windows at the factory, but that is the case with all the different VF model numbers (not their letter sub-designations). If you look at all VF-19 Yamato produced (Kai, S, F, and P), every single one is gloss because they all share the exact same molds with mirror finished inner cavities, save for extra tooling (or tooling inserts depending on how the molds were originally engineered) used for different shoulder pauldrons, heads, wings, etc. Due to the fact Yamato decided to go with a gloss finish for the Fire Valkyrie, they pigeonholed themselves into producing an all gloss VF-19 lineup; the only way they could have made everything after Basara's unit into matte finished toys would have been to make all new molds with etched cavities, or rework the existing ones to accomplish the same goal (this rout, while less expensive, would have precluded them, had they survived as a company producing Macross toys, from ever pumping out reissues of the Kai with a gloss finish.

Note that the upcoming YF-19, from all indications, will have a matte finish. It is also, logically, a completely new toy with all new tolling that will share nothing/almost nothing (maybe Arcadia will be able to reuse the landing gears, but I doubt it) with the current crop of VF-19s. In the future, if Arcadia were to release a VFX2 VF-19A, it too would be matte as it is the same as the YF-19, and because the other 19s come from different tools it's feasible that a Kai reissue* could come out at the same time.

* I'm not saying that any such reissue is forthcoming, I'm just illustrating a point: there are molds to produce the current 19s and a new set of tools meant for the production of the YF-19 and VF-19A.

Mechaninac didn't mean that and in fact they didn't. Unless you've seen a matte Yamato VF-19, in which case I will ask you to tell me where, because I would be very interested in having it ^_^

Exactly. Other than the old YF-19s, there are no current ones with a matte finish; all Yamato VF-19s on the market are gloss (thanks a bunch Basara! <_<). The only VF-19s with matte finish anyone will ever encounter are those that have had a flat overcoat applied by one of our bold customizers.

I've tried explaining this in the past, but here it goes again: There is no such thing as gloss plastic or matte plastic, regardless of the type of plastic; surface finish of the molded part is all in the treatment given to cavities (the spaces into which the plastic is injected) of the injection tooling molds.

Edited by mechaninac

Exactly. Other than the old YF-19s, there are no current ones with a matte finish; all Yamato VF-19s on the market are gloss (thanks a bunch Basara! <_<). The only VF-19s with matte finish anyone will ever encounter are those that have had a flat overcoat applied by one of our bold customizers.

IIRC, it was Kawamori sensei who asked Yamato to make the Kai gloss. And he was so happy with the result that the Yamato toy became the new line art :p

post-12283-0-64968200-1388472070_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-03179900-1388472082_thumb.jpg

post-12283-0-82190600-1388472093_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-27318800-1388472105_thumb.jpg

post-12283-0-04343000-1388472126_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-07506700-1388472134_thumb.jpg

While there certainly is some very glossy and new VF-19Kai line art, the VF-19Kai was always portrayed as being a glossy bird. I'd venture that all valks are glossy in the anime with the possible exception of the VF-17 and the cannon fodders. High visibility = high gloss. Yes, I love me some gloss and I'm sure you're all sick of it.

On V3 VF-1, here's what they need to do:
1) Anime accurate transformation with arms that move the hips to the proper position
2) Have the nose cone open and balls swing out for the hips to attach to (don't be lewd)
3) Have the arms that moved the legs then pivot and become side covers
4) Incorporate a twist point just below the cockpit for a waist
5) Somehow figure out how to get the toy to also be able to jut the nosecone forward at that twist point
6) Figure out a way to have the toy chest be able to move forward (think an upper back joint).
7) Figure out a way to increase left/right angle articulation for the feet

8) Integrate the intake covers

9) Eliminate the folding fins on the legs and instead have the fins retract like they do in the anime

10) Retracting gun strap for GU-11 (in 1/60? Okay, probably not).

Easy peasy.

I would add:

11) a mechanism to shorten the wings in Battroid-Mode

12) a mechanism to shorten the nosecone without leading to the priest collar

13) some panels to fill in the free space in the torso area (think of MP Lambor lower leg fillers)

14) a transformable cockpit with an egress hatch

15) new hard points on the wing that can either be replaced to have a clean underside or some kind of magnet connection

16) ... can't think of another thing right now ^_^

Make the FP boosters attach like they did on the 1/48. That was basically perfect and anime-accurate. Still don't know why they changed it. Really, the way it is on the v2.0 is almost as bad as the 1/55----a big huge piece that doesn't exist at all in the anime or line art that attaches to the backpack,

Wouldn't you guys be pissed off if the new Arcadia release is a V3 VF-1 now that we all bought the new re-re-release of the old V2 VF-1 mold?? I mean, if I just pay $150+ for an old VF-1s mold and 4 month latter they announce a new V3, I would be a little upset.

Wouldn't you guys be pissed off if the new Arcadia release is a V3 VF-1 now that we all bought the new re-re-release of the old V2 VF-1 mold?? I mean, if I just pay $150+ for an old VF-1s mold and 4 month latter they announce a new V3, I would be a little upset.

Arcadia would release the VF-1J's and the VF-1A's before releasing the V3. ;)

It depends. I'm sure we won't see a V3 in the next few years but if someone from Arcadia is reading this message board then we might give them the right ideas now before they start planning the toy. If we see the first prototype and it has a swing bar then it is too late for a accurate leg transformation.

However I decided that I will only buy a DYRL? Squadron from Arcadia and Mirijas VF-1J as well as a GBP gift set if they release one. If the V3 happens soon that I can still buy a V3 Vermillion Squadron + Roy to have a bit variety among all those VF-1. :)

Bandai will beat Arcadia to getting a more accurate VF-1. I guarantee there's gonna be a DX one sooner then a fixed V3.

If this is true then it has to be in a different scale then 1/60 because Arcadia has the license for that, right?

While there certainly is some very glossy and new VF-19Kai line art, the VF-19Kai was always portrayed as being a glossy bird. I'd venture that all valks are glossy in the anime with the possible exception of the VF-17 and the cannon fodders. High visibility = high gloss. Yes, I love me some gloss and I'm sure you're all sick of it.

On V3 VF-1, here's what they need to do:

1) Anime accurate transformation with arms that move the hips to the proper position

2) Have the nose cone open and balls swing out for the hips to attach to (don't be lewd)

3) Have the arms that moved the legs then pivot and become side covers

4) Incorporate a twist point just below the cockpit for a waist

5) Somehow figure out how to get the toy to also be able to jut the nosecone forward at that twist point

6) Figure out a way to have the toy chest be able to move forward (think an upper back joint).

7) Figure out a way to increase left/right angle articulation for the feet

8) Integrate the intake covers

9) Eliminate the folding fins on the legs and instead have the fins retract like they do in the anime

10) Retracting gun strap for GU-11 (in 1/60? Okay, probably not).

Easy peasy.

I would add:

11) a mechanism to shorten the wings in Battroid-Mode

12) a mechanism to shorten the nosecone without leading to the priest collar

13) some panels to fill in the free space in the torso area (think of MP Lambor lower leg fillers)

14) a transformable cockpit with an egress hatch

15) new hard points on the wing that can either be replaced to have a clean underside or some kind of magnet connection

16) ... can't think of another thing right now ^_^

And don't forget:

17) A very nice pilot who says "Good morning" before going out on patrol towards the backyard.

18) A complete set of "Magic Hands" to scratch your back as you please.

19) Some crewmen to help waxing the so typically scratched plastic of most DX.

20) Some sunscreen lotion with UV filter to prevent yellowing.

21) A service ceiling of at least 30,000 feet.

22) A complete set of spare parts for repairs (made ​​by the aforementioned crew)

23) Pilots in at least ten different positions, or only one but make it fully articulated.

I've got some other ideas but they'd be more suitable for a 1/48 scale.

About the V3 discussion, I wouldn't feel compelled to re-buy all the VALKS. Even if the gimmicks were unique and plentiful, I wouldn't go about selling my V2 VALKS in favour of an update.

I would say the same thing about a DX VF-1 from Bandai, I just wouldn't feel the need to buy repeat VALKS from another manufacturer.

On the other hand, I would buy ANY unique paint or "never seen before" scheme.

If a new larger scale VF-1 were to come out, that would be difficult to say no to......

Happy New Year!!

About the V3 discussion, I wouldn't feel compelled to re-buy all the VALKS. Even if the gimmicks were unique and plentiful, I wouldn't go about selling my V2 VALKS in favour of an update.

I would say the same thing about a DX VF-1 from Bandai, I just wouldn't feel the need to buy repeat VALKS from another manufacturer.

On the other hand, I would buy ANY unique paint or "never seen before" scheme.

If a new larger scale VF-1 were to come out, that would be difficult to say no to......

Happy New Year!!

a super-detailed 1/48 FTW!!

Reivaj...where are those scenes of the Fire Valkyrie launching from the Quarter from?

Macross FB7 trailer or one of the song trailers. I think it's the sheryl ranka duet of a new song or fire bomber song. Can't really remember. Youtube FB7 and you'll find it.

Remember when IE let you quote fellow forum members? I need to switch to Chrome. In the meantime, for the person who said $450, I bet you're closer than the $250 figure was. Back in the day someone at Yamato allegedly stated a 1/48 V2 was not going to happen because the costs associated would be prohibitive.