Star Wars Rebels - animated series

I'm really enjoying this series, and I know it's different from Clone Wars, but Yoda looks really different.

Cool that Leia's in it.

Wonder if Ashoka/Vader duel is a dream sequence or what....and is it the same voice actor for Anikin as Clone Wars?

As I said, really enjoying the series so far, but I hope they find a better reason for Ankin's willingness to kill Asoka than merely "why did you leave me?"

Edited by peter

I'm really enjoying this series, and I know it's different from Clone Wars, but Yoda looks really different.

Cool that Leia's in it.

Wonder if Ashoka/Vader duel is a dream sequence or what....and is it the same voice actor for Anikin as Clone Wars?

As I said, really enjoying the series so far, but I hope they find a better reason for Ankin's willingness to kill Asoka than merely "why did you leave me?"

According to Faloni the lead producer Obi-wan, Yoda, and Ashoka are the top three of Vader's list of people he wants to kill and Vader desires to destroy every thing that would remind him of Anikin.

According to Faloni the lead producer Obi-wan, Yoda, and Ashoka are the top three of Vader's list of people he wants to kill and Vader desires to destroy every thing that would remind him of Anikin.

I can't wait to see how the rest of this season unfolds.

I'm having trouble investing in Rebels. I'm on episode 11 of season 2, and I can't get past the continuity issues. The fledging rebel alliance has three Jedi along with A-Wings and a B-Wing five years BBY? And while I know and remember the Inquisitors being talked about in the old EU, how they're presented in the show creates even more problems when it comes to meshing with the story of the OT (never mind diminishing the importance of Kenobi, Luke, and Yoda, along with Vader and the Emperor, for that matter).

The show isn't bad by any means, I just can't reconcile the issues it creates within the canon.

Edited by Duke Togo

• 2 weeks later...

No surprise there. Continuation of the same character from the Clone Wars cartoon.

I still can't get over how weird Yoda looks:

Yoda_Rebels.png

compared to what he looked like in Clone Wars:

star-wars-rebels-yoda-frank-oz.jpg

Edited by peter

I'm waiting to see how they deal with Knaan,Ezra and Ahsokas deaths. Yup. They all gotta die before the end of he series. If they had stayed as ex-Jedi force users on the galactic rim who faded into obscurity it'd be one thing but since they're full on "I'm gonna fight the Empire Jedi's" they've gotta die. Blaze of glory taking out all the Inquisitors at the same time?

It's hard not to see Rebels as Clone Wars-light. Disney knew how unpopular the prequels were, but saw the potential in what the creative forces behind the Clone Wars were bringing fans. So hey, here's a series from the same team in the OT timeline... and it's nowhere near as interesting or good.

I expect this to all be hand-waved away as a non-canon kids' show in the next few years. It's about as nonsensical as The Force Unleashed and its sequel being canon for a brief stint.

Edited by Duke Togo

When I first started watching it i saw parallels with, of all things, firefly, and that got me interested. I watch this show still on occasion, but am curious how they plan to actually work all these things into canon. I am excited about the Thrawn news for the hope that it brings my own theory to life regarding certain Ep VII+ characters. The thing is, i want to see more of what happened post Jedi, but then I guess that will have too much impact on the coming films. Still, I want a freaking Rogue Squadron show.

I'm waiting to see how they deal with Knaan,Ezra and Ahsokas deaths. Yup. They all gotta die before the end of he series. If they had stayed as ex-Jedi force users on the galactic rim who faded into obscurity it'd be one thing but since they're full on "I'm gonna fight the Empire Jedi's" they've gotta die. Blaze of glory taking out all the Inquisitors at the same time?

That's an interesting point, killing them off....unless of course there's a new special edition IV-VI with these characters added in, lol!

Until fully trained, a force user is neither Jedi nor Sith.

No, I fully reject this explanation to allow them to retcon a bunch of semi-trained Jedi into the story. it's ridiculous, and does nothing but undermine the OT. It's a kid's show that plays fast and loose with the continuity, and that's it.

And Yoda is best referenced by Spock when accused of lying by Savick "I exaggerated"...

Which begs the question, since both YODA and Obiwan knew Leia was the other child of Vader why they didn't start training her too.

She was snorting too much coke?

Or because Leia wasn't a Skywalker until much later.

Want to throw up? Watch the deleted scenes from Empire. Luke & Leia almost start making out on Hoth. I wonder if they made them siblings as just an excuse to explain why Han gets the princess and not the hero.

The cartoon is entertaining for a cartoon but you can't consider it canon. The originally trilogy stressed the Jedi were all but extinct. Yet in this cartoon the Alliance and Empire both have a number of light saber carrying force users in their ranks.

So we don't know what happens to all the Force users yet. Ahsoka & Co. could all reach an unfortunate end, and then Vader could easily dispatch the Inquisitors.

By the way: Kanan, and Saavik.

• 3 weeks later...