Star Wars Rebels - animated series

is it me or is vader's voice intentionally different, almost like they are trying to make him sound younger? when he first spoke i was like...."thats not a good james earl jones vader impersonation"

i do have a feeling we will see less of him (although i hope not) with a new inquisitor coming

is it me or is vader's voice intentionally different, almost like they are trying to make him sound younger? when he first spoke i was like...."thats not a good james earl jones vader impersonation"

It's not a good impersonator cuz it is James Earl Jones. His name should be in the credits. Maybe it's how the writers wanted to portray him? It's been a while since Mr. Jones did the voice. And maybe he wanted to play it more active since the show takes place in a earlier time period.

I think they were trying to make him sound more like Episode 4 and less like Episode 6 so they did do some sort of digital mod to it. Plus JEJ is now 30 years older than when he did the OT.

I'm re watching The Clone Wars again and noticed inconsistencies with some of the episode placement. Season 3 episode 1 "Clone Cadets" should have been shown in season 1 before episode 5 "Rookies". The season 1 finale where Cad Bane breaks Ziro out of prison should be in between episodes 8 & 9 of season 3.

Just thought that was kind of odd.

I'm re watching The Clone Wars again and noticed inconsistencies with some of the episode placement. Season 3 episode 1 "Clone Cadets" should have been shown in season 1 before episode 5 "Rookies". The season 1 finale where Cad Bane breaks Ziro out of prison should be in between episodes 8 & 9 of season 3.

I noticed that too I thought it was just me Yea im not insane!

They did that several times with the siege of "Chrystalis?" Which was basically told backwards. It was first shown at its conclusion in the Clone Wars movie and then was gradually prequeled several times to show how everything led up to what was shown in the movie. I agree, it was a little strange how they periodically changed the point in time the narrative was showing. No warning or explanation is ever given either, you just have to recognize that these episodes are backstory episodes.

Chris

Yeah they list the proper order here.

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

• 2 months later...

Do we have a separate thread for Star Wars Rebels?

I am currently catching up with Clone Wars at Season 2.

Looks like we'll be getting a new Star Wars film every year which means more merchandise. Rogue One may see the reissue of many episode 4 era merchandise. Tantive IV Bandai model kit please.

• 4 weeks later...

I really like how they are increasing exposure to elusive vehicles like the A-Wing, B-Wing and all those starships.

Feels like Gundam side stories with MSV designs.

That's why I like war sci-fi so much as they could always slot in new scenarios to make use of more weapons.

Captain Rex's Phase II helmet is back.

^^meaning the articulation will be severely limited, and the paint apps will stink. :p

After tonight's episode,

I can't be the only one screaming "When did you remove your chip, Rex?! Before or AFTER Order 66?! And where were you when Vader marched into the Jedi Temple?"

Like Teddy KGB in Rounders, I feel so unsatisfied.

Edited by Mog

• 2 weeks later...

Just marathoned rebels. all caught up. Sometimes the cg looks looks so real (not including characters). Pretty excited how this all pans out. I'd hate to see any of the clone wars characters die...

Hope they make a good 6" Sabin figure w/ helmet and no helmet option one day. Also Chopper is so psycho would love to see a live action cameo somewhere.

• 1 month later...

Freakin' Ezra! :lol:

I really enjoyed this week's episode (Stealth Strike).

And I think we finally got a retconned reason as to why the Stormies are such horrible shots.

Didn't Luke make a similar comment, although not in a firefight context, regarding the inability to see anything out of the Stormtrooper helmet?...

Very entertaining season 2 so far.

I got to admit, Ezra is coming a really long way since he began his Jedi training in season 1. And the addition to Rex is great though we haven't seen the other Troopers he came with either......thought they came with? Eh.

I'm still though just waiting for that reunion of Asoka and Vader and see where this damn thing goes!

I just found it hilarious that

Rex, the battle-tested, battle-hardened Clone trooper had a b*tch of a time shooting while wearing a Stormie helmet.

Loved the bit where he tossed the helmet, hit the Stormtrooper with it, and then shot him for good measure.

Still, Ezra capping Kanan and Rex (on accident, of course) had me dying!

For me, I wanna see a flashback to the moment Rex left the 501st or what he was doing during Order 66.

The B-wing prototype is AWESOME, love all the scenes with it.....really, REALLY hoping for the X-wing debut sometime during this show.

Shame they made Rex sort of...heavier. Older I can see, but why heavier? I didn't imagine Rex growing old that way. I always imagined an older Rex sort of like Kurt Russel in Soldier.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread back from the dead, don't know if anyone else is watching this, not sure how anyone that isn't in Star Wars fever possibly couldn't be, but there's a new trailer for the return of Star Wars Rebels, and just, damn...

I was super bummed when Clone Wars ended, it had a bit of a rocky start, but was absolutely pumping on all cylinders towards the end. Rebels is pretty damn great so far too, and this mid-season return is looking epic, that "Old Master" looks like a certain scarred, tattooed Zabrak many are familiar with...