Arcadia gives some hope!!!

Cdisdope

I kinda like this scheme, it's screaming 'I am a jetfire knockoff and I don't care complete with 70's stickers!' I want to see the battroid head have the same garish style... I'd buy one from Arcadia...

(null)

I find it laughable, that Toynami is even being talked about in this thread. Toynami has been an inferior toy company all around when it comes to precision toys. They don't appear to use cad, and while some may praise their Beta/Tread, it wasn't really that great. Poor material choices, extra, unnecessary weight, and half-assed built (floppy legs, anyone?). It's a good thing that idea is, at best, a shoddy pipe dream.

I love the VF-1's from Yamato and I want to support Arcadia in their 1st Valkyrie offering..... But that Valkyrie is hideous! I might buy it to show my support but I don't know if I can display it. Better yet stick it in GBP Armor! :p

At least the gold on the 25th Anniversary versions can be potentially taken off. Cleaning up a Nascar Valk is gonna be a nightmare!

I find it laughable, that Toynami is even being talked about in this thread. Toynami has been an inferior toy company all around when it comes to precision toys. They don't appear to use cad, and while some may praise their Beta/Tread, it wasn't really that great. Poor material choices, extra, unnecessary weight, and half-assed built (floppy legs, anyone?). It's a good thing that idea is, at best, a shoddy pipe dream.

I agree that Toynami has released some poor products, but I think people misplace the hate at times. Yes, several of their releases sucked big time. But Toynami, to my knowledge, doesn't appear to do any design or manufacturing in-house. They basically license existing designs, repackage them, and sell them to the U.S. market. So if anything, they just pick poor designs to license, or they pick the wrong manufacturer to build. None of these flaws are inherent to the company's structure that would prevent them from releasing better toys at some point. And as we've seen, it's entirely possible for them to release something very good (like the MPC Cyclone). My point was that so long as they license a good design (and the Yamato VF-1 molds are a great design), and pick a good manufacturer, they can put out something good.

Of course, this is all pie-in-the-sky talk anyway, since it's doubtful it would ever happen. But what else are Internet message boards for if not to engage in rampant speculation?

Edited by SuperSenpai

I dunno.......it's kinda like that girl you go on a date with that requires a couple of beers before you get to her house.... :lol::lol::lol: I'm not totally hatin on it! :blink:

Guys, under that awful Dress is still a 10.

I'd hit it. :D

More like tattoos. Will hit if last girl in the bar.

Thanks for the laughs guys! Lol! I needed a good laugh! :):p:D :D

I need it to come with a matching stand... and pilot, omg, its making me think of G2 transformers and hideous test shot colors!? But, I still want one to make my yf19 25th anniversary look even, better!

:-) and while I am dreaming, a price tag of 7800 yen!j

Guest davidwhangchoi

Arcadia is not showing anything in 24th Shizuoka Hobby Show. :unsure:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39204#entry1045525

hey Vi-RS, thanks for the potential update, (everyone panic!) is this just speculation or should we genuinely panic

eh, nevermind i read the link. let's just wait a bit more before we panic

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

everytime i read this thread i just start habitually clicking on mandarake and ebay links.

Shizuoka Hobby Show is later this month it's very possible Arcadia will have actual prototypes and more announcements. I've spoken to two people recently, one working with Arcadia and one who works for them and even though they are very tight lipped they say not to worry. Still in Japanese that could mean anything.

so we may have to wait a bit longer for news or Arcadia's plans. I was looking forward to hear something in May.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Well, the VF-4 took about a year to develop and release.....whatever Yamato was working on was put on hold due to "going out of business"...so now Arcadia (if it decides to continue the 1/60 PT valk line) has to green-light whatever project was on the drawing board or decide on a new one....we are already 5 months into 2013......so it makes sense that a "repaint" was decided as the "next" release....so, either we will receive some more repaints or, if the "big next project" was considerably on schedule for late 2013 release...then we may get some news on that....either way....DYRL 30th Anniversay is next year....and if they do continue with the line, at minimum we can reasonably expect more DYRL stuff by then.....maybe.... :rolleyes:

Guest davidwhangchoi

Well, the VF-4 took about a year to develop and release.....whatever Yamato was working on was put on hold due to "going out of business"...so now Arcadia (if it decides to continue the 1/60 PT valk line) has to green-light whatever project was on the drawing board or decide on a new one....we are already 5 months into 2013......so it makes sense that a "repaint" was decided as the "next" release....so, either we will receive some more repaints or, if the "big next project" was considerably on schedule for late 2013 release...then we may get some news on that....either way....DYRL 30th Anniversay is next year....and if they do continue with the line, at minimum we can reasonably expect more DYRL stuff by then.....maybe.... :rolleyes:

my hopes are getting up. need some Max and Miria's after the ugly angel birds + tattoos variant get released.

i'm not sure if i should get a few more yammies now or just wait. i was hoping May was the unveiling date @ the hobby show by Save's post.

but if it's going to take longer, maybe i should get a few more valks to hold me over. the only thing that's keeping me on pause is the potential of "11 new gimmicks" may mean an update/changes to the current mold or a new mold altogether.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i got a chance right now to get a vf-1s max weathering special, virgin road, and vf-1d w/ option parts today but wasn't sure to pass or not as i may never see them again. on the other hand i think you're right it's better to wait for arcadia

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Which VF-1S weathering are you referring to as I'd love to get a weathered ed. Roy.

sorry just edited my post, it's max.

Lolicon, did an amazing weathering his own v.2 vf-1s roy. so, most would suggest to just weather your own valks or commish someone to do it.

the reason the weathering max is different because his intake covers, feet and head laser are of a different color than the regular vf-1s max.

it's a grey/silverish tone similar to the vf-1s low viz feet and intakes. differing from the other weathering valks.

so it's really sought after, but potential of arcadia doing an update is freezing me.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

That's the gist of it... except it's a tad bit more complicated. It's Maiden Japan's sculpt but retooled by Aoshima.

wait...the same maiden japan that is / was on these boards? i also wondered if its the same maiden japan that did custom TF junkion parts (that now has similar kits being mass produced)? personally i think the beta (tlead) is exceptional. the alpha....poor material choices and a bit sloppily tooled.

Interesting. He's getting people asking for refunds due to lack of contact on TFW2005, at least when I went to do a search on his name? Hope the person's okay.

I've done a transaction with MaidenJapan, and he came through with flying colors. I ordered the prototype VF-1 gunpod for 1/48s.