Arcadia gives some hope!!!

Cdisdope

Just because Arcadia allegedly* hadn't gotten licenses yet doesn't mean they should be counted out. Maybe it just takes several months to get them or maybe a formal liquidation of Yamato needs to happen first. Plus, sometimes what I hear is already dated. I know my predictions sound negative but I hope they get the rights to some series. I have no idea what's going on with this model thing but the lack of any other vf1 news has my expectations very low. If Arcadia can make v2s they're choosing a sorry way to start.

Edited by jenius

Guest davidwhangchoi

Shizuoka Hobby Show is later this month it's very possible Arcadia will have actual prototypes and more announcements. I've spoken to two people recently, one working with Arcadia and one who works for them and even though they are very tight lipped they say not to worry. Still in Japanese that could mean anything.

Just because Arcadia allegedly* hadn't gotten licenses yet doesn't mean they should be counted out. Maybe it just takes several months to get them or maybe a formal liquidation of Yamato needs to happen first. Plus, sometimes what I hear is already dated. I know my predictions sound negative but I hope they get the rights to some series. I have no idea what's going on with this model thing but the lack of any other vf1 news has my expectations very low. If Arcadia can make v2s they're choosing a sorry way to start.

Yeah, let's see what is revealed by Arcadia in a few weeks. Not sure if there is big plans being under wraps or if this is just a whimpering of an offering, but any news of Arcadia is something to look forward to.

Thought the copyright on the image posted shows that they have a 2013 license? Question is...is it for just the flamboyant 30th valk....or are more in the works?

I really hope this partnership with Hasegawa yields more goodness.....although I agree...crappy design to start with....I had a fool's hope that the cavalier would bring us more "unseen" squadron repaints....crossing fingers!

Maybe it's making mountains out of molehills, but after zooming in, I see hinges on the tail fin as well as the lower fins. Makes me lean more towards this being a PT than merely a fighter mode toy :rolleyes:

post-3166-0-54731000-1367617531_thumb.jpg

Edited by AlphaOne

Guest davidwhangchoi

you know that famous survival over preference quote people use: "if you were the last person on earth, i would never marry..."

well, i think we're debating whether we love of it or not because it's literally the only possible release right now and supporting it may influence the survival of these toys.

i'm sort of debating whether to get it too. I can learn to like it...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Not a big fan of Itasha design, but I'll buy one to celebrate 30th anniversary and support Arcadia Macross and Tenjin design when it becomes available.

Not buying the Hasegawa model kit thou.

For a note, I just checked Japanese forum, and they are all as confused and chaotic as here about the article. So... yeah...

Not too worried about the decals... I believe they're just that, decals/stickers for customizing.

Too many stripes though. I get the homage to Focker, Hikaru and Max (Fokarius valk???), but... Thank god there's no green stripe though... Kaki gets no love yet again :D

Edited by m0n5t3r

I really hope this partnership with Hasegawa yields more goodness.....although I agree...crappy design to start with....I had a fool's hope that the cavalier would bring us more "unseen" squadron repaints....crossing fingers!

Arcadia is only doing a collaboration with Hasagawa for the 30th paint scheme they are not in a partnership. Yamato did a similar type of collaboration with Hasagawa for the 25th paint scheme. The below images of Yamato's initial scheme was tossed due to feedback after being displayed at Satelight's Tokyo Anime Fair booth. They then approached Hasagawa about using their more classy scheme.

I don't think it's nearly as bad as people are whining about...

it's better then this..

VF-1-25th-19.jpg

cred: Jenious and Anymoon.com

Cough... Cough... Cough.

Ha, I was going to post that same pic when I got home. I think Save gets the credit.

Yeah, one would think.

Arcadia is only doing a collaboration with Hasagawa for the 30th paint scheme they are not in a partnership. Yamato did a similar type of collaboration with Hasagawa for the 25th paint scheme. The below images of Yamato's initial scheme was tossed due to feedback after being displayed at Satelight's Tokyo Anime Fair booth. They then approached Hasagawa about using their more classy scheme.

Well, I guess then we should be thankful these "collaborations" have been limited....as both have yielded mediocre results....

Guess Hasegawa doesn't want to share the "better" designs....or Yamato, now Arcadia, won't pay for them?

So, for example, a Black Aces design...who owns it....BW? Hasegawa? What could stop Arcadia from releasing their own version of it if they were to pay for the design's license? Couldn't they technically skip Hasegawa and release them as a "collaboration" or exclusive with say Softbank Creative's VF-1 Master File books?

More info:

The Arcadia toy looks to be the same as the Yamato 1/60 Valkyries, and
if so, then obviously it will transform, but this looks to be so early
that even Arcadia's website doesn't mention it. Mothership Toys
says this: "Set the seed part head 3 J, S, of type A. (Type S / A will
be extra parts)" which, after deciphering the Engrish, sounds to me like
there will be a variant head, which suggests that it will in fact
transform.

http://www.mothershiptoys.com/172-VF1J-Valkyrie-Macross-30th-Anniversary

1/72 VF-1J Valkyrie Macross 30th Anniversary by Hasegawa
Full length: approx 197mm.

Full width: approx 197mm.

Copyright 1982,2013 Big West

- Joint planning and Arcadia, Ltd.!
- Design & package marking illustrations Mr. Hidetaka Tenjin charge!
- Set the seed part head 3 J, S, of type A. (Type S / A will be extra parts.)

[Decal] - Coating machine Macross 30th Anniversary

"...which, after deciphering the Engrish, sounds to me like

there will be a variant head, which suggests that it will in fact

transform."

Whoever wrote that does realize that you can see the different heads on the VF-1 without transforming the thing, right? That gibberish doesn't really prove anything. Just me being nitpicky about werds... :)

(yes, I'm pretty sure it's gonna transform)

Edited by xrentonx

At first I just assumed this would be Hasegawa quality markings to go on a Yamato 1/60 VF-1 kit but it mentions gimmicks. I wonder if Arcadia was able to go a different route and get the license to do 1/60 VF-1 'models' instead of toys? That'd be a neat twist. Then they would just start selling the unassembled VF-1 kits with Hasegawa quality slide on decals or something.

Don't all the Hasegawa kits have alternative heads? I've got a 1/48 VF-1J/A kit.

Not all of them did, but they released later kits that included all three types in 1/72. The early kits usually only came with one head, but came with enough markings to make a couple variants, like the J that came with markings for Hikaru, Max, or Miria. The 1/48 kits came in either the TV style A/J, or the DYRL style A/S.

And if Arcadia is going to go the route of models, I will be absolutely thrilled. I want kits of all of them really, especially the VF-19s, and especially if we can get them molded in a couple different colors instead of that blinding white most of them are in.

Edited by Chronocidal

Arcadia is only doing a collaboration with Hasagawa for the 30th paint scheme they are not in a partnership. Yamato did a similar type of collaboration with Hasagawa for the 25th paint scheme.

Are you able to suggest using some of Hasegawa's custom schemes to Arcadia - Black Aces, Minmay Guard, Minmay 2009 etc..? Seeing as they have pretty much exhausted all of the Macross canon schemes already.

And if Arcadia is going to go the route of models, I will be absolutely thrilled. I want kits of all of them really, especially the VF-19s, and especially if we can get them molded in a couple different colors instead of that blinding white most of them are in.

VF-4G kit please.

At first I just assumed this would be Hasegawa quality markings to go on a Yamato 1/60 VF-1 kit but it mentions gimmicks. I wonder if Arcadia was able to go a different route and get the license to do 1/60 VF-1 'models' instead of toys? That'd be a neat twist. Then they would just start selling the unassembled VF-1 kits with Hasegawa quality slide on decals or something.

I doubt Hasegawa would want direct competition on a similar product....working on a similar design for different products (models and toys) is more likely and already has precedence....

That was the point. There's a lot of differences between models and toys but the primary differences tend to be that you have to assemble and paint a model but not a toy. So, if Arcadia got the license from BigWest to make 1/60 transformable 'models' they might theoretically be able to just keep selling the V2 kits (not the completed painted toys) as models. Since Hasegawa doesn't make 1/60 transformable models they wouldn't see this as a competitor and that's how you might get something like this joint venture. Again, just more idle speculation. It's possible that Arcadia did manage to snag the license to make 1/60 toys and after the 30th anniversary scheme we'll see reissues.

Yeah, once this update appeared somehow I felt relieved that there are possibly going to be other options than just Bandai. I am loving the renewals and all, but hate playing the pre-order games and limited availability. Hopefully Arcadia succeeds in it's Macross endeavors and continues the 1/60 line. I don't mind if they slow down and take time on the releases as this year and the past have been the most expensive as far as collecting goes for me ever. I would still like to see them take the risks Yamato made as far as variants, but they should make those web shop exclusives.

I would really like an updated YF-19 :)