Arcadia gives some hope!!!

Cdisdope

Shizuoka Hobby Show is later this month it's very possible Arcadia will have actual prototypes and more announcements. I've spoken to two people recently, one working with Arcadia and one who works for them and even though they are very tight lipped they say not to worry. Still in Japanese that could mean anything.

Edited by Save

So... This is the Arcadia valk that was announced waaaay back at Wonderfest AND we discussed on speakerpodcast, so it isn't really news. Just sayin.

The image is the "news", because now we can actually look at the Arcadia and Hasegawa versions side by side and compare and speculate. Based on that, I am pretty sure this is a transforming 1/60 Yamato mold, as some people have said. One big giveaway is the little hook at the edge of the backpack to connect it to the backplate in Battroid. So there you have it. :)

Shizuoka Hobby Show is later this month it's very possible Arcadia will have actual prototypes and more announcements. I've spoken to two people recently, one working with Arcadia and one who works for them and even though they are very tight lipped they say not to worry. Still in Japanese that could mean anything.

Thank you! B))

The image is the "news", because now we can actually look at the Arcadia and Hasegawa versions side by side and compare and speculate. Based on that, I am pretty sure this is a transforming 1/60 Yamato mold, as some people have said. One big giveaway is the little hook at the edge of the backpack to connect it to the backplate in Battroid. So there you have it. :)

Nice update. Thank you!

The Yamato 1/60 is such a popular line. It's hard to imagine why Arcadia or some other company would not want to continue it.

Most logical thing to do is continue the 1/60 line, all the molds are done, all the factories have the equipment, all the distributors are waiting.

Smartest thing to do (in my opinion) if the merger/adquisition/rebranding of Yamato was successful, is to reissue the most popular line, the VF-1's 1/60, get feedback on demand/sales decide if its profitable to see if they should continue the project they were working on (v2 Macross Zero and YF-19) if the rumors were true.

I still don't see any proof that this is a transformable toy.

Am I missing something you guys arent, or are you just going off the silhouette of a magazine design?

It could just be some marketing guy grabbed a stock image with a hook from an old file and threw the design on it for a hobby kit.

I feel like if it was a transforming toy.. marketing would want to display that as a selling point. You would see what you always see for transforming valks... namely; fighter, to gerwalk, to battroid. You don't see that at all. It's just a static fighter with a ugly paint job that you would see on a model kit.

I'm not trying to piss on parades but I just don't see any evidence here. I just went through a major acquisition at work six months ago, and though they kept some of the staff, they laid off a lot of people. If they kept the design studio intact I don't see how this is a continuation of the last release.. namely the VF-4.

It seems like they would release something else.

Also, the article clearly shows a 2,900 yen price tag. That's consistent with the models Bandai puts out. A transforming toy would be a lot more.

Edited by Gakken85

Also, there's no reason to display this paint scheme in any mode other than fighter, because that's the only mode it looks any good in (relatively speaking :p). If you showed in in battroid, the entire main logo would be on the back, and covered by the backpack.

There are two separate ads showing that paint scheme. One is Hasegawa, the other is Arcadia. The Arcadia one is clearly a v2 VF-1 from every detail visible. It's a flat out copy of the v2 VF-1 lineart that gets included in the instruction manual, to show you where to put the stickers.

Hasegawa would also have no reason to use Yamato line-art when they have their own kit diagrams, and doing so would probably be asking for a lawsuit. They're not that stupid.

Edited by Chronocidal

Where does it say it's a 1/60???

It's the exact same image as here:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-3302&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dvf-1%24pagemax%3D30%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

It's clearly any VF-1 in the last 10 years. haha. At any rate, Arcadia owns those line art designs now.. and if they release a new product they would use that design for their model kits.

I think you guys are just getting your hopes up for no good reason. The price point alone should tell you this isn't a going to be a new TF.

I'll be happy to be wrong.. but I don't think I am. :wacko:

Edited by Gakken85

so, what's your theory? That arcadia is going to upscale or downscale an exact replica of the v2 1/60 design but change it so it doesn't transform?

btw, that price tag you're referencing is for the hasegawa model.

As for another vf-1 repaint not being a continuation of what yamato was doing before they went under, it very much is. They release the cavaliers vf-1a at the same time as the vf-19p and vf-4.

Which image refers to a 1/60?

The first image posted has no reference to a 1/60.

The second image posted is clearly for a model due to the price.

The images are both exactly the same and clearly posted on other sites as a model kit.

Not trying to argue, or piss you off. I'm just asking. Trying to understand myself. haha

I'm getting the articles translated. So we'll know soon enough.

Edited by Gakken85

Where does it say it's a 1/60???

It's the exact same image as here:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-3302&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dvf-1%24pagemax%3D30%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

It's clearly any VF-1 in the last 10 years. haha. At any rate, Arcadia owns those line art designs now.. and if they release a new product they would use that design for their model kits.

I think you guys are just getting your hopes up for no good reason. The price point alone should tell you this isn't a going to be a new TF.

I'll be happy to be wrong.. but I don't think I am. :wacko:

Sorry to say that but no, it is not the same image, you will see the different if you would look carefully.

The gray curve at the tail area are obviously different.

Although, as one member had said earlier, Arcadia can as well release a set of decal for the 1/60 PT VF-1 kit. but again, that is not the 1/72 Hasegawa kit.

Edited by alchemo

Which image refers to a 1/60?

The first image posted has no reference to a 1/60.

The second image posted is clearly for a model due to the price.

The images are both exactly the same and clearly posted on other sites as a model kit.

Not trying to argue, or piss you off. I'm just asking. Trying to understand myself. haha

I'm getting the articles translated. So we'll know soon enough.

the images are not exactly the same. the first picture, posted by the op is not a 1/72 hasegawa, the second image posted. The one we've all seen for a couple weeks is.

Ok, so we're going off the gray curve of color on the tail... not any printed indication that it's a 1/60.

Other than that the line art is exactly the same.

Correct?

Edited by Gakken85

Guys, guys, read/listen, for the sake of clarity:

There are TWO VF-1's coming out with the SAME scheme. One is produced by Arcadia, one is produced by Hasegawa.

The images are NOT THE SAME. They look the same at first glance, but they are NOT THE SAME.

Ok, so we're going off the gray curve of color on the tail... not any printed indication that it's a 1/60.

Correct?

No, there are more details. I suggest you look at the image properly, and read through this thread closely. We have talked about the peculiarities of the 1/60 design that are visible in the Arcadia image.

again, so what's your theory? that arcadia is going to release their own version of the hasegawa kit but remold the tail to add what looks like a part of the 1/60 toy on it?

anyways, this was fun, good night.

Other than that the line art is exactly the same.

Correct?

the two image does not have the same line arts neither, as mentioned by another member earlier, the one from Hyper Hobby have the hook at the tail and the sideview does not reveal the side of the back pack which is painted yellow. the shape of many parts are also different. I myself thought they are the same also until someone point out the differences.

There is no proof one way or the other. There is only some not so subtle hints, and those hints suggest there will be a 1/60 v2 and a 1/72 model. We know for a fact that arcadia's release will be different than hasegawa's, which is a 1/72 model. the pics you posted from hlj are the hasegawa model, and clearly different from the 1st pic in the thread. We know for a fact that the 1st pic is arcadia's, and arcadia's is different from the hasegawa. And the 1st pic clearly has lines for the backpack hook, gerwalk joint, and folding ventral fin just like the 1/60. That doesn't prove anything, but tell me which do you think is more likely, arcadia releasing a 1/60 v2, or arcadia releasing a non-transformable model that happens to have lines for the non-existing gerwalk joint and backpack hook?

I got somebody to translate it.

This is what they said after reading it:

There are two versions. One is a static kit being produced in tandem with plastic model maker Hasegawa (which is detailed in the second image you posted, retailing at 2940 yen from June), and there is also a version being produced by Arcadia (prototype pictured in your first image) that will have several "gimmicks for high play value" which are supposedly apparent from the picture. It does not clearly state whether it is transforming or not, but says it will update with details as they find out.

Again, I'm just trying to clarify. I've read through the post but I don't want us grasping at straws haha.

Edited by Gakken85

Again, I'm just trying to clarify. I've read through the post but I don't want us grasping at straws haha.

I wouldn't describe what you're doing as "to clarify" :huh:

You said nothing sir!! NOooooothinkk

That's probably you on reddit eh?

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39106&p=1042178

I guess until the product arrived at the store (or web-store), any anticipation would be grasping at straws because Arcadia could cancel the production even with the prototype built, just like Yamato and Bandai had done before.

But that is another matter, the point is, Arcadia had announced a VF-1 with the 30th anniversary scheme which features some gimmicks and high play value,be it 1/60 and PT or not, yet the image they shown had the same features as the other 1/60 PT VF-1, right?

Edited by alchemo

Hope so.

I still wouldn't buy it with that color scheme. haha. I mean the Cavalier scheme is beautiful and looks awesome in any form... this 30th scheme just seems really superfluous to put on a 3 mode toy when it only looks right in one mode.

How ugly would it be in Battroid? haha

This is our fault for failing to recognize the trolls.

I'm not a troll sir. I'm asking honest questions.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hope so.

I still wouldn't buy it with that color scheme. haha. I mean the Cavalier scheme is beautiful and looks awesome in any form... this 30th scheme just seems really superfluous to put on a 3 mode toy when it only looks right in one mode.

How ugly would it be in Battroid? haha

I'm not a troll sir. I'm asking honest questions.

hey Gakken,

hey i know you're not a troll because you were up with me with everyone during the vf-25F pre-orders late and helped post alerts when they were up.

I noticed one of your post a few pages back that made it sound absolute that this was not a transforming version. i think that conclusion may be premature.

And i see you defending your stance.

I think what people are saying is of course it's not explicitly stated as the article was written with anticipation "stay tuned", just as if a newly redesigned honda accord was going to be unveiled they keep it under wraps. until the official party and similar to video game consoles. as Arcadia has not released any pictures of a prototype.

so it's natural for articles to give teasers without revealing everything. (and there's room any of us could be wrong)

but i think it's wise to look at the signs that this is going to be a variable toy if you put it together.