Arcadia gives some hope!!!

Cdisdope

the text is purposely vague but yeah i would not speculate that this is a new mold at all simply because it seems too unlikely.

@kyekye, we should get a japanese section started and invite all the posters from the 2chan macross threads!

I don't like this scheme at all and it seems a bit risky to make this the first Arcadia branded valk. Knowing me I will buy it anyways, but it makes me wonder if they will be doing a complete line or just a random valk here and there. I think I am going to hold on to my collection anyways and not panic sell the whole bunch.

So, if this becomes the first Arcadia release, will we buy it?

I don't think that scheme will be final, it will have to use a lot of tampo printing and even that will scratch during transformation, they can't mold the parts on separate colors since the scheme is so crazy.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

I've sat here with one of my V2's and compared this thing and the second picture posted on the first page. The first image is definitely not shaped the same as the second. The swoop beneath the cockpit is nearly as dramatic on the first pic (and is almost exactly like the V2.) That part I especially noticed as Dan Bickel had a huge explanation with various photos comparing the difference between the Hase V1 and V2 models and the Yamato V2... they're obviously different. The first pic looks like Yammie V2, the second looks like Hase V2. Likewise, the shape of the back of the fuselage to the cockpit is shaped different, there's far more of a bubble in the first image and shaped remarkably close to the V2. The second image is more streamlined in that regard. Also, of every single panel line I can make out in the image the V2 has precisely in the same spot. If it's not a V2 it's remarkably close.

Edited by Mommar

It's a Yamato V2 rendering from the OP's image. Besides the rotating hook, another hint is the joint at the hip area where it swings down to make Gerwalk. That's an unique shape in that particular joint from Yamato V2.

post-611-0-98919800-1367462089_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vi-RS

It's a Yamato V2 rendering from the OP's image. Besides the rotating hook, another hint is the joint at the hip area where it swings down to make Gerwalk. That's an unique shape in that particular joint from Yamato V2.

I didn't notice that but you're right. Also the heads hang a bit lower on the Yammies.

I didn't notice that but you're right. Also the heads hang a bit lower on the Yammies.

Yup, another obvious clue is that you can see the yellow back pack in fighter mode for Hasegawa's side profile, but you can't see the backpack for Yamato's V2.

In my own defense, here's the finger, kyekye.

I speak Japanese and can read some of it. I'm not a fluent speaker nor do I plan to be one, but I know enough to carry conversation.

In my own defense, here's the finger, kyekye.

I speak Japanese and can read some of it. I'm not a fluent speaker nor do I plan to be one, but I know enough to carry conversation.

Good defense! but failed to hit Ninja! :ph34r:

I had no idea if you're Japanese or kaijin living in Japan. Anyways Thanks for the article! Gave us good hope.

Is there really any doubt that the first pic is a Yammy V2? You can clearly tell just from the profile shot.

If you ask me (+ according to my intel) This is Arcadia's first official announcement of Macross product, and some proof that they have license?

In a couple of months, they will release more detail, so any speculation seems useless until then.

But isn't this the first time it's been publicly acknowledged?

No. It was officially announced, with images, at Wonderfest. There was a poster for it at the Arcadia booth. However no photos were allowed.

This is the design we discussed on the last cast we did. As far a I've heard it's pretty much a final design as far as the paint scheme is concerned.

No. It was officially announced, with images, at Wonderfest. There was a poster for it at the Arcadia booth. However no photos were allowed.

This is the design we discussed on the last cast we did. As far a I've heard it's pretty much a final design as far as the paint scheme is concerned.

Ah. I guess it slipped everyone's mind as there were no photos to burn it into our brains.

Hopefully we get to see that Hikaru figure soon.

Is the Hikaru figure supposed be 1/6? If so I'll be interested in seeing if they manage to make the clothes NOT look doll-like and fitted properly like an actual miniature man. What we got so far in the way of 1/6 Macross mans is craptacular...

Edited by xrentonx

Good defense! but failed to hit Ninja! :ph34r:

I had no idea if you're Japanese or kaijin living in Japan. Anyways Thanks for the article! Gave us good hope.

Haha...nice escape.

I knew about the wonderfest. I posted translation of some Japanese blog about it back then.

The difference is 'no photos allowed' to 'printed on magazine'

I assume this means they have legal license now and possibly their good-old 1/60 V2 mold.

For the paint scheme, I just translated what's written on the magazine.

Haha...nice escape.

Seriously!

If you had put some simple notes along with the first image, we could have shaved off first 2 pages this thread! :ph34r:

Well like I said, I'm going to remain positive that Arcadia comes through and keeps the 1/60 line going in its post Yamato state - which is pretty awesome all things considered. That said however, I for one at least will not be paying for any valk that carries a paint job as hideous as the one presented in that photo. IMHO, if Arcadia wants to retain the Yamato fanbase - which is significantly large and dedicated - then they need to come out guns a blazin' with a valk design / paint job that fans would be willing to fight over in essence that they couldn't live without it and will likewise purchase it. Unfortunately, that 30th Ann valk is pretty gawd awful.

There are alternatives: Alaska base, stealth, 1/48 inspired grey low vis, sukhoi terminator cam, digital cam take your pick.

I want Arcadia to survive and I'm willing / want to support their transition, but I won't be paying for ugly ass valks just cause they're there.

I don't think I'm entirely alone on this one right? Bueller? Bueller?

Seriously!

If you had put some simple notes along with the first image, we could have shaved off first 2 pages this thread! :ph34r:

I was going for the dramatic reaction from the fans.

Guest davidwhangchoi

So time to start the Panic Selling thread aye?

i was going to joke and start a panic sell thread yesterday :)

but i doubt people are going to panic sell as there are still a lot of things unconfirmed in terms of if this is their only release as they planned this months ago, which variants will be released and if it's few and far in between. (i hope they release everything)

i'm glad i didn't pay astronomical prices for any of my purchases the past month even if they were re-released i wouldn't panic sell anything.

but to be honest, if i didn't hear about yamato's closing, i doubt i would've brought all of the yamatos i did in a 2 week span but I definitely would've gotten the same ones but spacing everything out.

now on the other hand, if i brought the M&M for 900-1000, i prob would panic at the news.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Doesn't seem like the japanese market has gone to panic selling, prices are still increasing. All we hear is that Arcadia may release a 1/60 in the 30th anni colors in the next year or two?

lets be realistic here, until there's a Pre-order available from Arcadia, the scalpers and resellers will be increasing prices as each day goes by in hopes of retiring early.

even when Arcadia pre-orders open up, prices will remain high until there's some sort of acknowledgement that a new line of 1/60 gimmick models will be produced. If new pre-orders happen for the major five, then watch prices drop like a cement shooed rat in the Hudson river.

especially if this becomes a "new" mold with something extra the V2's didn't have, then watch the V2's start selling for the V1 prices. The V1's then will become landfill fodder.