Arcadia gives some hope!!!

Cdisdope

Welp, looks like Arcadia has to price these valks to get an actual profit this time around. The days of sub 100 dollar valks with fastpacks is over :(

Btw, that stand is just the YF-21 stand I think

The YF-21 stand is a little more hour-shaped while this looks more like a Bandai SOC stand. Still I am a little surprised at the price so hopefully it does include that stand to justify it a bit.

http://anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/160-Yamato-VF-22S-8.jpg

Edited by chen

16800 Yen for a 1/60 VF-1S? Will it come bundled with Fast Packs and a stand? Because if not, Arcadia is setting themselves up for failure by out-pricing themselves out of a sizable portion of their potential customer base.

How can Arcadia suggest this Price when the Die-cast laden renewals come with

A stand and are 40$ cheaper?

Eh? the "Renewal" 1/60v.II's have more metal content than any other 1/60v.II VF-1 release?

Welp, looks like Arcadia has to price these valks to get an actual profit this time around. The days of sub 100 dollar valks with fastpacks is over :(

Btw, that stand is just the YF-21 stand I think

Wait, what?

I've never seen a VF1-v2 with FP under $100, unless it was on some great hlj-sales back in the day.

---

At any rate, since the old VF1-v2 msrp was 9800y, that stupid stand adds 7000y to make the new msrp of 16800y. Really, Arcadia?

Unless they add in the FP-set, that new msrp is quite messed up.

---

How can Arcadia suggest this Price when the Die-cast laden renewals come with

A stand and are 40$ cheaper?

What?

Are you talking about Yammie valks or Bandai Frontier valks?

Edited by treatment

Given the quality of the die-cast some of us have seen, I don't think that would add to the price. <_<

Plus, I wouldn't expect that to be the new price-point for a standard VF-1. That thing is covered head to toe in tampo printing, and I'm pretty sure that will have added a significant amount to the cost of this one item.

Given the standard prices of the Bandai stuff though, I wouldn't be really surprised or upset if the price of a VF-1 went to $120, and a fast-packed version went to about $160.

I can't find any official information on this release, I have heard this blog posts rumors a lot. I won't believe it until I see something official. I already have 2x DYRL Roys so I guess if it's true I will pass especially at that price.

The bandai Valks have about as much Diecast as the Yammies.

Yamato:

1. Swing bar and area around the swing bar.

2. the main chest area where the nose cone slides in and out

3. I think the landing gear have some metal in them?

Frontier:

2. Interior Feet.

3. Leg connections - about the same as the yamato.

3. The mid arm bicep area.

I'd say the Yamato is like 6% diecast and the Bandai are like 8-9%? Just guessing - those numbers could be off.

I've always thought labeling it as a Chogokin was misleading and a marketing gimmick.

Edited by Gakken85

Oof, if that's the price, I might be better off with scalper yammie prices... Doesn't bode we'll for the yf-19 price. :0

I disagree. In my searches most after market sales of Yamato VF-1 are this price or far more. The bonus being availability. I think it will be easier to get these Arcadia reissues and a possibility of discounted sales might be higher. I'm hopeful more reissues will come. I'm hoping for TV M&Ms more than anything. In my searches the Yamatos are hard to find for a reasonable price.

But agreed on the YF-19. If a reissue is this price starting with the average accessories, then Eagle One with all its suggested accessories will almost definitely be in the $300 range

Edited by r_hunter85

You can pick up the TV Roy for 130$ from ishop2go.

Granted its not the 30th with option parts, but are they worth 30$ more?

ya know, with how rare these yammies are for good prices I'd pay 30 more for option parts.

ishop2go seems to be sold out.

I guess the rumor was true. I'm excited that the release was made, but I don't really think I need another DYRL Roy. I do like that water slide decals, option parts and a stand are included though. I wonder if they will reissue the whole squad again. I am going to weigh this one for a bit before I pull the trigger. I don't have a lot of stuff on order for Nov, but I do have a ton of stuff slated for Oct.

Maybe they're going to release all the variants now, starting with Roy just like they originally did, but now with bonus parts and waterslide decals but no super parts. Then they'll sell the super parts as a web exclusive item for a grip.

I never really cared for the YF-21/SV-51 stands, but at least these appear more rectangular than those. My YF-21 stand also yellowed as far as I can tell. It was left out of sunlight and has been in a display case forever.

Maybe they're going to release all the variants now, starting with Roy just like they originally did, but now with bonus parts and waterslide decals but no super parts. Then they'll sell the super parts as a web exclusive item for a grip.

I don't know why Yamato were so skimpy with the Super/Strike parts. I think they only came up 3 times or so over the course of the V2's. I had to buy them up in chunks for my squad's.

Except for the super parts as web exclusive speculation, that's what Mr-K has just said.

Mr. K said they're going to release all variants again?

The maybe part.

Only 20 of these produced?

post-12283-0-45279300-1374869328_thumb.jpg

ボドルザー艦バッチ!!!

軽くホラーですね!ですが弊社メカ担当「みすたーK」は嬉々として帽子につけております・・・

さぁさぁこのボドルザー、お値段は「\12,800(税込)」!そして販売数は20個となります!

少なくて申し訳ございません・・・・°・(ノД`)・°・

欲しいというお客様はお早めに弊社ブースにお伺い頂ければと思います!

Edited by Reïvaj

Guest davidwhangchoi

The maybe part.

Only 20 of these produced?

attachicon.gifo0800060012623355513.jpg

ボドルザー艦バッチ!!!

軽くホラーですね!ですが弊社メカ担当「みすたーK」は嬉々として帽子につけております・・・

さぁさぁこのボドルザー、お値段は「\12,800(税込)」!そして販売数は20個となります!

少なくて申し訳ございません・・・・°・(ノД`)・°・

欲しいというお客様はお早めに弊社ブースにお伺い頂ければと思います!

i hope they release tv max w/ option parts. i need one with the 1/48 style crotch design.

What is that? the manual for the Bodolza ship?

they sure do look like promotional pins. peculiar subject matter for such a promo item, but whatever...

Edited by Shaorin